Starting A Grow Room? Step By Step?

perrinoid

Hello, I am considering starting a grow room. I want to do Hydro. What is the best system to use? Any step by step instructions out there. Maybe a dictionary for all of the terms i.e. cloning, flowering, stuff like that. I have no clue as of now and I want to do a ton of research before I start. Any info will we great, thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

I started with DWC, my pH meter broke the first week. Just read the directions on the nutrient container. I used "Advanced Nutrients- Sensi Series." Used some Cal Mag and I did fine. I had 6 plants, 4 week veg, 10 week flower. I harvested 18.2oz. Equipment I used was 450watt t5 for veg, 750watt hps with digital ballast, 30pint dehumidifier and a cheap fan. My room was completely sealed no venting in or out. I just dove right in basically. It can be done. I spent about $1200 on my room including the framing and drywall. I got every dollar back the first grow. Its well worth it. I obviously plan on upgrading but it worked for me.

Do yourself a favor, and don't mess with hydro. I just started on soil (the easy way) and it's complicated enough. Pick up Marijuana Horticulture by Cervantes. It's a pretty good beginners book. Then go to your local grow store and start building a relationship. I spent a solid year doing research before getting around to growing, and I still am in awe about how little I know whenever I talk to anyone with real experience.

• 1 month later...

I am also just starting... I have the cap ebb and group system and it seems pretty much idiot proof to me... my friend has had great success with this system and he is the 1 that turned me on to it... all you do is add 55 gallons r o water, follow your nutrients guide and check Ph and ppm, and drain the system every 1 to 2 weeks! Just gotta monitor your nutrient and Ph levels is all

I love the ebb&grow. that is, after alterations.

I reconfigured the supply lines to pvc for faster flood/drain, I put a 4"disc stone in the bottom of each grow site with PLENTY of air, I put an elbow in the control bucket to keep water up to bottom of grow pot between floods.

end results: aeroponic/hydroponic/ebb&flow

this IS the easiest, most fool proof growing system to date. I can leave for a week w/o worry. I regularly don't even go down there for days at a time

Hey LongHairBri, I have a question about Ebb & Grow. Because the res and plant sites are all at the same level, how do you get the nute solution to drain back to the res without the aid of gravity? Thx.

Perrinoid, I used Mr. Green's "I Grow Chronic" as a starting point. It's on youtube. I like that he goes through the entire 4-5 month process in one video. I like that European attic video as well, but he seems to have unlimited startup money and doesn't build a separate veg room for mothers and cloning.

I've learned a lot since then and I would probably do things differently now, but you have to start somewhere. The main thing I would keep in mind is security.

Keep it secret, keep it safe.

Tell no one.

Archived