Anyone Grow White Widow?

I had three White Widow clones that I started from cuttings months ago (that's right, . . . months ago) which did not seem to grow roots. :blink:

I've grown, harvested and cured other strains while waiting for the Widow clones to root.

Two finally died, one rooted but didn't show any growth whatsoever. It seemed like it was in suspended animation.

She finally started to grow so I've moved it into my veg room.

Others have told me that this can be a difficult strain to grow.

It seems to be a rather delicate plant with soft stems, but otherwise healthy.

Does anyone have any first hand info on growing this strain?

Get rid of the clones and start over from seed. The difference will amaze you. The proper way to get a good mother plant is to buy several seeds, like a 5 pack. Let them grow out, discard the slow growing or weak plants and keep the best for a mother. I started with five WW seeds and all five phenos grew different. One turned out hermie, one grew fast but stretched, and one grew fast with buds all over the place, that was the keeper.

Mr. Nice Seeds black widow is the original White widow that one the cup. Shanti had to rename her when he left greenhouse seed co to start Mr Nice seed co due to trademarks on the name. Its the only Widow that's from the original breeder. Sounds like you got something going on thats not really because of the strain, genetically no plant should do what is happening with yours.

WB, I have a plant that is EXACTLy like you describe. Off of several difference seeds. Got them from BC Bud Depot. I have all but given up on WW. I had 3 plants in my last harvest, that after I dried them, I never even bothered to cure, I just threw them on my dry room floor. Not even 1/2 oz per plant when it was all done.

Cedar

Archived