"swatting"

People are going to be seriously hurt by these pranks.

Great Innovations in Pranking

http://forfeiturereform.com/2011/08/11/great-innovations-in-pranking/

SWAT teams have become so widespread that people across the country (and even Canada.) are calling in false reports designed to elicit a SWAT raid–a practice known as “swatting.” Naturally, this is causing some distress among the SWAT teams who have been punked in such a manner, as UPI reports:

No confirmation? No contact? Just a phone call and they come kick a door down? What ever happened to investigation? Or common sense?

And why exactly are these team most frequently used against non-violent drug offenders? This type of raid should be a last resort. By far the majority of warrants should be able to be executed by simply knocking on the door. Maybe at worst having to chase a subject down who ran out the back door.

No confirmation? No contact? Just a phone call and they come kick a door down? What ever happened to investigation? Or common sense?

And why exactly are these team most frequently used against non-violent drug offenders? This type of raid should be a last resort. By far the majority of warrants should be able to be executed by simply knocking on the door. Maybe at worst having to chase a subject down who ran out the back door.

"And why exactly are these team most frequently used against non-violent drug offenders?"

Because they are easy marks and good training aids for when the teams have to confront real criminals. So if you ever are the victim of a SWAT raid, feel proud and comforted that you have done your civic duty by allowing them to practice on you.

are u kidding me i don't want to be there practice we had and incident where and overzealous officer used his fancy gun on a person with a little weed that he was selling at college to his buddies and had nothing in his hands what a joke and like the article said they need to make sure everyone is paid it makes me wonder if we have any rights left in this country when you have goon squads running around with badges just to make money so they can play with there guns

I guess they figure, anyone could be violent, so let's just assume they are all violent. Shoot first, let God sort 'em out. So a peaceful pot smoker gets treated as if they are an out-of-control PCP user.

No! please, no one call in that bill s has a meth lab, they'lll track you down and who knows what they'll do to you, don't even joke like that, please! The whole thing will backfire on us and make others have sympathy for him, then he cay say, "see, they ARE a danger to society." We don't need to prove his point for him. I know it's not likely anyone here would make that call but in case anyone's reading who might consider it, I feel I should pass these thoughts along. We have to nail him politically in a way that will stick, with THE PEOPLE on OUR side.

Sb

No! please, no one call in that bill s has a meth lab, they'lll track you down and who knows what they'll do to you, don't even joke like that, please! The whole thing will backfire on us and make others have sympathy for him, then he cay say, "see, they ARE a danger to society." We don't need to prove his point for him. I know it's not likely anyone here would make that call but in case anyone's reading who might consider it, I feel I should pass these thoughts along. We have to nail him politically in a way that will stick, with THE PEOPLE on OUR side.

Sb

Yes, it was totally in jest. please don't 'swat' the AG. I would love to see some of these death mongers get a taste of their own medicine, though.

Reminds me of a line from this song:

"May the death squads you hire

be bad with instructions

and by mistake be at your mansion

with street sweepers bustin'"

See .. that way it's not a false report.

Much more impact than a burning bag of doggie doodoo.

Maybe the dog doo could be the distraction needed to plant some seeds. At least it'd be cathartic.

I will bet one million dollars that Bill has precursors, chemicals and equiptment used for the manufacture of meth at his home.

when viewed with that intent, we ALL do

Good point. :devil:

Archived