Michigan Renaissance Festival

_abbenormal

hello all

just wondering if anyone is going to this event... its in holly mi... should be a fun time for all good family entertainment for a day or so...

this event starts this weekend goes thru aug 20 to oct 2nd... it is held over the weekends so should be fun to go and watch the crowds...

here is the web site for more info..

http://www.michrenfest.com

ive been to a few of these events and are always fun...

abbe

Love it i go every weekend its open usually lots of fun great food costumes a great time for sure! :goodjob:

Hey King do you happen to know if the one guy is still there making sundials? His name is George Norkis(?) and he made some really nice ones for a very reasonable price. But, he also did custom and large scale models that were pretty costly but it is art and the pieces will last a life time.

I worked with him back in the 1980's while testing transmissions for the Marines amphibious assault vehicles in a test cell at Warren Tank Plant when it was on Van Dyke at martin Rd.

I heard that last year they had a first aid area that you could medicate in.......Is this true? HJ

Yes, this has been true in past years, I know the guy who got it set up to be OK with them.

For this year I don't know, would be best to contact them.

Hey King do you happen to know if the one guy is still there making sundials? His name is George Norkis(?) and he made some really nice ones for a very reasonable price. But, he also did custom and large scale models that were pretty costly but it is art and the pieces will last a life time.

I worked with him back in the 1980's while testing transmissions for the Marines amphibious assault vehicles in a test cell at Warren Tank Plant when it was on Van Dyke at martin Rd.

Yup i remember that guy my sister in law wanted to buy one of his sundials i love the crafts the leatherworks the iron works a real blacksmith even !. :thumbsu:

People dressed in chainmail and armor looking real authentic if you have never been your missing a great time for sure. :sword:

Yup i remember that guy my sister in law wanted to buy one of his sundials i love the crafts the leatherworks the iron works a real blacksmith even !. :thumbsu:

People dressed in chainmail and armor looking real authentic if you have never been your missing a great time for sure. :sword:

Agreed!!!monty.jpgmpathg.gifTim_the_Enchanter.jpgEvilbunny.jpgMontyPythonHolyGrail2.jpgthmontypython.jpgthniatoldladies.jpgthitisagoodshrubbery.jpgcamelot-animate.gif

Went yesterday with my daughter.

She's 4, and had a blast on the rides and at the Kids Kingdom.

I enjoyed the "sights" (love them old tyme outfits that the ladies wear;) and the stage shows are always fun.

I plan on being there next weekend with the wife as well:)

The also have a "cigar" event in the Castle, where you get two cigars, booze and bawdy entertainment.

Wonder if MMJ would be allowed as well as tobacco?

I'll have to give the management a call...

a friend of mine made a home made sundial, did a great job..he gave it to me but was to big for my yard..So i donated to the club up the rd..If you are looking to have one made..I can ask him..if so pm me..

Archived