Free Pesticide Lab Checks

In the interest of patient safety, we are now offering patients free pesticide only screenings on any meds they suspect of being contaminated with pesticides. This offer is for patients only, please do not abuse it. There will not be a report issued unless there are pesticides present at unacceptable levels. If there prove to be pesticides present at unacceptable levels we will issue a report that is intended to be used to inform and/or confront the source of the dirty meds.

In order to minimize costs, I can only run tests when other paid tests are being run, so the results may not be returned as fast as they may be for a paid screening. We will do this for as long as we can afford to. I hope we can make this a permanent service.

We have also worked out a way to reduce paid pesticide screenings from $50/ea to $15/ea when you order an accompanying cannabinoid profile.

Contact us to submit a sample:

northernlabservices@gmail.com

Can you mention what pesticides you are able to screen for patients?

Currently we test for a total of nine pesticides, but the results are compiled into 6 major categories:

Fipronil

Bifenthrin

Cypermethrins

Permethrins

Cyfluthrin

Cyhalothrin

We're planning on adding Malathion and Dichlorvos(the active ingredient in hot shot no pest strips) in the very near future.

Thank You Dan for your Kindness ....

" One Act of Kindness at a Time "

You're very welcome. I feel obligated to mention that this offer had nothing to do with the scrum the other day. We've been talking about doing this for a while and I just got the opportunity to ask Joe about making a post announcing it last night.

Thanks for the free pesticide screen offer!

Have you ever analyzed a sample of Cannabis Balm? I have two kinds - one made with leaf & one made with Root. Would be interested to know if there's THC in the root balm, alkaloid content. Can a balm be analyzed? thanks.

I don't see why not. If it will solute in methanol, I should be able to extract any cannabinoids out of it.

The limitation we have is that a GC activates(decarboxylates) all the cannabinoids in the process of testing, so if you're looking for the ratio of active and inactive THC molecules, you should use a lab that has a liquid chromatograph, like Cannalytics in Lansing. Zach is a good guy and will do a great job for you.

how harmful are the pest strips? Can they be used safely?

Currently we test for a total of nine pesticides, but the results are compiled into 6 major categories:

Fipronil

Bifenthrin

Cypermethrins

Permethrins

Cyfluthrin

Cyhalothrin

We're planning on adding Malathion and Dichlorvos(the active ingredient in hot shot no pest strips) in the very near future.

In the interest of patient safety, we are now offering patients free pesticide only screenings on any meds they suspect of being contaminated with pesticides. This offer is for patients only, please do not abuse it. There will not be a report issued unless there are pesticides present at unacceptable levels. If there prove to be pesticides present at unacceptable levels we will issue a report that is intended to be used to inform and/or confront the source of the dirty meds.

In order to minimize costs, I can only run tests when other paid tests are being run, so the results may not be returned as fast as they may be for a paid screening. We will do this for as long as we can afford to. I hope we can make this a permanent service.

We have also worked out a way to reduce paid pesticide screenings from $50/ea to $15/ea when you order an accompanying cannabinoid profile.

Thank You

how harmful are the pest strips? Can they be used safely?

I think they're pretty safe to use with cannabis, but I'd much rather make sure.

http://www.fao.org/docrep/X5042E/x5042E0f.htm

RESIDUES IN FOODSTUFFS

The amount of dichlorvos absorbed can vary considerably with different food materials. In measurements of residues absorbed in prepared meals during disinfestation of aircraft it was noted that margarine contained three times as much as the cooked meal and the beverages approximately one tenth as much (Dale et al, 1973).

Table 13 summarizes some information on the persistence of dichlorvos in certain foodstuffs exposed to the insecticide when discharged as a vapour. Dichlorvos breaks down rapidly after application, so the residues decline to very low levels during storage and shipment. The higher the temperature and moisture content of the material or its environment, the more rapid is the breakdown. In studies on the use of dichlorvos in mills at temperatures ranging from 18 to 22°C, dichlorvos residues degraded within a period of 2 4 weeks, depending on the kind of product treated (Wirthgen and Raffke, 1979).

It may be concluded that, when dichlorvos vapour is applied to closed spaces containing foodstuffs, rapid hydrolysis leads to the disappearance of significant residues of this chemical in a very short time.

The toxicological evaluation of dichlorvos is that 10 mg/kg in the diet, equivalent to 0.5 mg/kg of body weight per day, is the level that will cause no toxicological effect; the estimated acceptable daily intake for man is 0 to 0.004 mg/kg of body weight (FAD/WHO, 1978b).

Whats the ticket to have flowers/bho tested for THC levels? Very interested. ~ODB~

$40 for one $175 for 5 $300 for 10. You don't have to use them all at once and you can split them with friends if you like.

Hey, thanks for the info. Will be looking forward to seeing some test results on the strips. Please advise when the data comes in.

I think they're pretty safe to use with cannabis, but I'd much rather make sure.

$40 for one $175 for 5 $300 for 10. You don't have to use them all at once and you can split them with friends if you like.

Can you elaborate more? Is that $40 for a gram to be tested for cannabanoid levels?

:thumbsu: :thumbsu:

• 2 months later...

Im just wondering....if i give you a gram to test....how do you know what pesticides are on the other 40 grams? I mean if i only sprayed part of plant n you never test that part? im just not real convinced these test provide anyone much of anything. i just dont see how ur test tells me what in the rest of the plant? you just test a sample and i assume some type of average represents my total harvest?

Im just wondering....if i give you a gram to test....how do you know what pesticides are on the other 40 grams? I mean if i only sprayed part of plant n you never test that part? im just not real convinced these test provide anyone much of anything. i just dont see how ur test tells me what in the rest of the plant? you just test a sample and i assume some type of average represents my total harvest?

Essentially, yes. It is very rare for someone to just spray part of their crops for pests. Random sampling is exactly how food testing laboratories do it.

well the randomness of spraying a pesticide is just an example...an obviously good one considering the likelihood a bug could be on one part of plant n not other.....seen lots of plants with mites lower....or you say you test for mold....but if i dont give you the moldy branches youd give me a pass correct? it maybe how food is done....do u see how that helps us....oh my god i cant believe you compared this to food testing. not like people dont die all the time from.... ok well you have a good day....n i will do my best to just leave this be...enjoy.

well the randomness of spraying a pesticide is just an example...an obviously good one considering the likelihood a bug could be on one part of plant n not other.....seen lots of plants with mites lower....or you say you test for mold....but if i dont give you the moldy branches youd give me a pass correct? it maybe how food is done....do u see how that helps us....oh my god i cant believe you compared this to food testing. not like people dont die all the time from.... ok well you have a good day....n i will do my best to just leave this be...enjoy.

There is nothing stopping you from pulling a swtcheroo or just submitting only the best that you have. I would like to think that most growers are more honest than that. Generally for a pesticide to be effective, the entire crop must be treated in order to avoid pest migration.

People don't generally die from pesticide contamination in food crops, though, because pesticides are more equally distributed throughout a crop and there are well established tolerances. Usually death is a result of microbiological contamination. Sometimes microbiological contamination slips through because, as you point out, it sometimes does not infect an entire crop

There is only so much we can do to ensure product safety. Would you agree that testing for contaminants, however limited, is better than nothing?

There is nothing stopping you from pulling a swtcheroo or just submitting only the best that you have. I would like to think that most growers are more honest than that. Generally for a pesticide to be effective, the entire crop must be treated in order to avoid pest migration.

People don't generally die from pesticide contamination in food crops, though, because pesticides are more equally distributed throughout a crop and there are well established tolerances. Usually death is a result of microbiological contamination. Sometimes microbiological contamination slips through because, as you point out, it sometimes does not infect an entire crop

There is only so much we can do to ensure product safety. Would you agree that testing for contaminants, however limited, is better than nothing?

no I wouldnt agree...i see it all over fb and other sites....people putting up ads for testing or tested meds as if this was a safety blanket...i see it as a novelty at best.

Archived