Concerns About Senate Bill 377

wolfgang

Dear Friend:

Thank you for writing me to share your concerns about Senate Bill 377, a bill to amend the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act to require the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs to verify information regarding the identity or address of a qualifying patient or primary caregiver to a law enforcement officer.

You raise valid points in your letter. I have also heard from patients, caregivers and compassion clubs in my district who support and welcome this legislation. The information would only be disclosed to a law enforcement officer acting in the scope of their official duties and would not be published for the general public to view. I will keep your apprehensions in mind when the final version of the bill is presented to me for a vote.

Thanks for taking time to contact me. The thoughts and opinions of my constituents are very important to me and I keep them in mind as we discuss issues.

Sincerely,

Judy K. Emmons

State Senator

33rd District

what area is this legislator from?

i would be very interested to hear the reasons her "Constituants" and MMMP registrants would willingly want their info in the hands of Leo, which for the most part 90% of whom will seize and sell first, and ask questions only when your on trial, where the courts wont allow you to use your medical authorization that is given by the very state they are ruling in.

is this in perhaps Oakland county, where those cardholders she is speaking about are those holding the illegally obtained hard cards that are employed in the law enforcement field?

how about more of her contact info?

email, office numbers, website contacts.

what area is this legislator from?

i would be very interested as to WHY registrants would willingly want their info in the hands of Leo, which for the most part 90% of whom will seize and sell first, and ask questions only when your on trial, where the courts wont allow you to use your medical authorization that is given by the very state they are ruling in.

how about more of her contact info?

email, office numbers, website contacts.

I plan to reply and call her out on that,I too find that ext hard to believe.

Please feel free to use any or all of this in your email to your representatives......

Dear Senator or Representative xxxx,

I am writing today to express my opposition to Michigan Senate Bill 377. I believe that this legislation is a deliberate attempt to cripple the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act and to undo the will of the voters by stripping away the MMMA’s confidentiality protections. I’d like to ask that you oppose SB 377 and that you encourage your colleagues to do the same.

Imagine the damage that just one dishonest police officer could do with a list of 100,000 people that are likely possessing marijuana. Recall that there is still an illegal market for marijuana in our country and a list of disabled or sick individuals that grow and possess it could easily be used by criminals as a ‘hit list’.

Also, there would be tremendous temptation for law enforcement to misuse this patient/caregiver list as a different type of hit list. Any patient driving a car could be targeted and arrested because it is almost certain that they are going to have THC in their blood. Fishing expeditions by law enforcement agents would be rampant.

The voters of Michigan approved the MMMA in order to protect patients that find relief with this medication. They certainly did not intend that the state’s Medical Marijuana Registry be published and used as a hit list to target patients and their caregivers. Please uphold the will of the voters, support the MMMA, and oppose SB 377.

Thank you for your attention in this matter. I appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Please feel free to use any or all of this in your email to your representatives......

Dear Senator or Representative xxxx,

I am writing today to express my opposition to Michigan Senate Bill 377. I believe that this legislation is a deliberate attempt to cripple the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act and to undo the will of the voters by stripping away the MMMA’s confidentiality protections. I’d like to ask that you oppose SB 377 and that you encourage your colleagues to do the same.

Imagine the damage that just one dishonest police officer could do with a list of 100,000 people that are likely possessing marijuana. Recall that there is still an illegal market for marijuana in our country and a list of disabled or sick individuals that grow and possess it could easily be used by criminals as a ‘hit list’.

Also, there would be tremendous temptation for law enforcement to misuse this patient/caregiver list as a different type of hit list. Any patient driving a car could be targeted and arrested because it is almost certain that they are going to have THC in their blood. Fishing expeditions by law enforcement agents would be rampant.

The voters of Michigan approved the MMMA in order to protect patients that find relief with this medication. They certainly did not intend that the state’s Medical Marijuana Registry be published and used as a hit list to target patients and their caregivers. Please uphold the will of the voters, support the MMMA, and oppose SB 377.

Thank you for your attention in this matter. I appreciate it.

Sincerely,

used all of it thanks

Dawn

• 2 weeks later...

. 1% tax on health insurance claims I hope not to be paid by patients directly though undoubtedly premiums will have to reflect it ? Have a heart attack , have insurance , pay a tax on your $3 aspirin at the state hospital along with the rest of the bill ..

Judy Emmons voted in favor of PA-4 which allows an emergency manager to be appointed by the governor to replace an elected local government or school board. She voted in favor of tax increases on poor and middle class citizens while giving close to $2Billion in tax cuts to large corporations. She voted to essentially eliminate the Earned Income Tax credit, the Homestead Property Tax credit and the charitable contributions tax credit. She also sponsored the bill currently winding its way through the state legislature to tax all health insurance claims 1%. Please sign the petition to recall Judy Emmons before she can do any more damage to the low and middle income residents of this state!

i know this might not nec be the most popular opinion on the subject matter... heck, not like i particularly care for organized leo, but it really isn't all doom & gloom.

if we move towards legitimizing this whole endeavor... and that means dispensaries & controlled commercial grows... then the cops really should have a means to verify & validate people's licenses. and this is especially true if that means that once verified, then they will abide by the law & leave you be. truth is, many cops could care less about mmj & would rather spend their time & resources on real crime... but organized, underground commercial op's that ship their 100's of bows per year to ny or fl or chitown... well, they're part of the 'real crime' by their rights... and those people are likely operating outside of the state mmj laws. so, the cops naturally need a means to check off otherwise law abiding, peaceful citizens from the list of potential 'bad guys'. this all assumes the cops aren't organized crime in of themselves where theft & extortion & brutality aren't consquences of this legistlation.

and guess what? if you actually do have commercial spot, or even a private residence w a caregivership in place... how about registering your alarm permit with the local cop shop? and when the crime does come to you, calling them to help? that's the skinny that is in place in CO right now... not that all of their crap is rosey mind ya, but it is a real example of having cops not bothering us. wouldn't it be nice to actually call the local cop shop & say, here i am, here's my paperwork, verify it through the registry, now please don't come knocking my door down & killing my dog while destroying my crop, busting up my gear & hauling me off for processing, while impounding my patient's meds, all of my personal cash & possibly my car/home???

give em a registry to verify my cards. i'm certainly down with that. give me a license to apply for... and pay for! down with that as well. come on in mr copman... it all good in da hood yo! ;-)

problem is they wont use it anyway, no do they use it now.. so who cares, pay your money and take your chances. dont brag and don't show off the garden to friends or family. more of us are burned by family or ex's or even ones we live with now when you tinkle them off. that gives them power over you.. don't do it.

Archived