New And Need A Few Questions Answered

joeyrss

Hi, I an new to this and here because of the last 8 months of my life being total 7 to 10 pain levels, and I'm sick of using so many narcotics. I got addicted, believe it or not, to topical steroid cream that I've used off and on for all of my life due to eczema. My mother used it on my not knowing the dangers and I always used it on my fingers to control the cracking.

Long story short, two years ago, I began to have manifestation of steroid addiction, yes it is very real! I found a website called "Addicted Skin" read the whole thing, identified, connected with the steroid withdrawal support group and the doctor in California trying to get other dermatologists to get on board and put a warning on the prescriptions and well as over-the-counter topical steroid creams.

We have people in the Google support group from all over the world dealing with topical steroid addiction and the withdrawals are hell! 60% of people are atopic and can get addicted from occasional use and they should never be used more than 5 days in a row. The toxins in these steroids are super worse that in the 1950's and little kids are going through this hellish withdrawal because every doctor seems to prescribe the "magic steroid" fix for any little rash or skin issue. Most cases of adult eczema are a direct result of the steroid cream exacerbating the eczema and normally, they would have grown out of it. It's a bad, bad situation and we are setting up a steroid warning network in a few months. My website is Redskinsyndrome.com and also a Facebook page called "steroid red skin syndrome and skin remedies."

Anyway, I am a 56 year old female and my life became a living hell of burning, rash, itching from hell, peeling and nerve pain as on my cessation of all topical steroids, never to use again. The burning is hardly touched by narcotics and the itch is to freekin China, you could never imagine it. I have been to my doc every two month, allergists, and this past week the ER for chronic pain all over my body. The steroids leave your body in a few days, but leaves behind an arsenic of nitric oxide that is like a flame torch inside your blood vessels and causes a major 10 level sunburn type pain, chills, agony and many suicidal thoughts. It takes 6 months to 3 years for the nitric oxide to leave your body and it will ebb and flow at any given time. I have lost my life to being in bed, the bathtub and on narcotics of all kinds. It is truly a grueling withdrawal and most doctors just want me to go on prednisone, which is another steroid! I tried that in the beginning and it rebounds every time you stop, so basically stay on prednisone and lose my bones, adrenals, eyesight and life.

My kids have lost it and said to go for the medical marijuana, my doc is okay with it as long as it is not smoking it and I am ready for something that would maybe help until I'm healed, which may be 2 years or more.

So, do I get my doctor's written statement, go to the department of health, then what? I live in Southwest Michigan and have no clue how to go about this and heard they shut down the caregivers here. What will it cost me? I am on SSI for fribromyalgia and don't have a ton of money sitting around. I would greatly appreciate any sound advice from one who knows the facts here. Thanks much~Joey

Wow that sounds horrible. The basic answer is from the site you can find the two forms yourself and Dr. need to fill out. Those papers need to be sent to the state with a copy of your id and prof of your ssi. You will also need to send a ten dollar check. You will want to send it certified mail so u have prof it was recived then you'll need a copy of your cashed check. After 21 days of the Cheak being cashed your legall. So you'll need copy's of the paper work from the dr and prof of cashed check and received mail. Something u may need to thing about it if your going to grow your own or need a cg if you don't have any means to grow your own and don't know a cg I recommend finding your closest compassion club. Good luck to you I wish you the best. Guys I'm sure I missed something, let's help this poor women out.

SS

joeyrrs sounds horrible and I can directly relate. I have a bunch of illness that lead my doc to prescribed oxycodone. Ended up on a steady diet of 80 mg thee times a day, along with 14 other drugs. Eight years ago it was just a drug that no one I new was taking and it kept me comfortable. Had not become the "it" drug at the time. When I began seeing the stuff on tv a couple of years ago I realized how screwed I was. Fortunately for me was not life lasting. Once I went through the god awful withdrawal I was done. Of course like most people I went part way through that several times; glutton for punishment, or so it seemed.

During the time I tried getting off I used many strains of mmj and nothing really worked. Then my son, who was my caregiver at the time, started making me brownies made from mmj butter. It was somewhat helpful. Thing was it put me to sleep. When I woke up I was in intense pain again. Then my son and I discovered Green Dragon, a liquid concentrate of mmj. It put me to sleep when I first started using it but that wore off within a week and I was able to function again and guess what? The pain was controlled.

Has been the very best thing that ever happened to me.

I also believe that Peanutbutter's topical oil is a good solution given your eczema. I have bought it for my mom and she used it to very good effect. Definitely try that too. All things considered neither of these are expensive solutions. I now make and sell my own Green Dragon and you may feel free to pm me if you want any additional info because I don't think you are going to get the pain control from it that your eczema will call for. Not with 7 to 10 pain levels even if they are spikes.

Good luck to you, This is a very supportive community and you can expect a good deal of help with the emotional symptoms of withdrawal as well. Many here have been there. Try different things and eventually you will find what your body needs.

Thanks so much! I will get those forms and get it going here. Then find a caregiver and what works best for me. God bless!~Joey

Wow that sounds horrible. The basic answer is from the site you can find the two forms yourself and Dr. need to fill out. Those papers need to be sent to the state with a copy of your id and prof of your ssi. You will also need to send a ten dollar check. You will want to send it certified mail so u have prof it was recived then you'll need a copy of your cashed check. After 21 days of the Cheak being cashed your legall. So you'll need copy's of the paper work from the dr and prof of cashed check and received mail. Something u may need to thing about it if your going to grow your own or need a cg if you don't have any means to grow your own and don't know a cg I recommend finding your closest compassion club. Good luck to you I wish you the best. Guys I'm sure I missed something, let's help this poor women out.

SS

Thank you Glyphia, I will look into that as this is all new to me right now. God bless~Joey

joeyrrs sounds horrible and I can directly relate. I have a bunch of illness that lead my doc to prescribed oxycodone. Ended up on a steady diet of 80 mg thee times a day, along with 14 other drugs. Eight years ago it was just a drug that no one I new was taking and it kept me comfortable. Had not become the "it" drug at the time. When I began seeing the stuff on tv a couple of years ago I realized how screwed I was. Fortunately for me was not life lasting. Once I went through the god awful withdrawal I was done. Of course like most people I went part way through that several times; glutton for punishment, or so it seemed.

During the time I tried getting off I used many strains of mmj and nothing really worked. Then my son, who was my caregiver at the time, started making me brownies made from mmj butter. It was somewhat helpful. Thing was it put me to sleep. When I woke up I was in intense pain again. Then my son and I discovered Green Dragon, a liquid concentrate of mmj. It put me to sleep when I first started using it but that wore off within a week and I was able to function again and guess what? The pain was controlled.

Has been the very best thing that ever happened to me.

I also believe that Peanutbutter's topical oil is a good solution given your eczema. I have bought it for my mom and she used it to very good effect. Definitely try that too. All things considered neither of these are expensive solutions. I now make and sell my own Green Dragon and you may feel free to pm me if you want any additional info because I don't think you are going to get the pain control from it that your eczema will call for. Not with 7 to 10 pain levels even if they are spikes.

Good luck to you, This is a very supportive community and you can expect a good deal of help with the emotional symptoms of withdrawal as well. Many here have been there. Try different things and eventually you will find what your body needs.

Thank you very much, I am encouraged. God bless~Joey

The section at the top of the page called Patients will answer basic questions like how to apply for the program. You'll need to download and print the forms. You may qualify for a reduced application fee. There is a forum member named Peanutbutter who makes a topical oil I think you should check out.

I did download all the forms, but it does not specify bringing it to the health dept, or mailing it in to whom?

The section at the top of the page called Patients will answer basic questions like how to apply for the program. You'll need to download and print the forms. You may qualify for a reduced application fee. There is a forum member named Peanutbutter who makes a topical oil I think you should check out.

Hi, The information below should be on the top of the form that you downloaded. I just want to make sure you have the correct form, although people mean well, you are getting some information that could be confusing.

The address to send the application to, and how to make the check out is highlighted in blue & green below. Make sure when you send your application in, everything is complete and all documentation (doctor cert, SSI, copy of ID etc.) are enclosed. It is very important to mail by certified return receipt mail. You will need to have proof to obtain medication, and find a caregiver. The state is running a little behind on sending out cards. Best wishes to you.

Any help you need we are here, there are probably people right in your area on this forum.

DLARA/MMP-010 (Rev. 4/11)

Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY

Michigan Medical Marihuana Registry

P.O. Box 30083

Lansing, MI 48909www.michigan.gov/mmp

APPLICATION FORM FOR

REGISTRY IDENTIFICATION CARD

INSTRUCTIONS: Please complete all required information to comply with the registration requirements of the

Michigan Medical Marihuana Registry. Attach readable copies of photo ID(s) and your registration fee.

The registration fee for this application is $100.00 or $25.00 if the patient is enrolled in Medicaid or receiving

SSI or SSD (copies of qualifying documentation must be attached). Enclose your check or money order

made payable to State of Michigan—MMMP. We do not accept Cash, Credit Cards, or Debit Cards.

Hi, The information below should be on the top of the form that you downloaded. I just want to make sure you have the correct form, although people mean well, you are getting some information that could be confusing.

The address to send the application to, and how to make the check out is highlighted in blue & green below. Make sure when you send your application in, everything is complete and all documentation (doctor cert, SSI, copy of ID etc.) are enclosed. It is very important to mail by certified return receipt mail. You will need to have proof to obtain medication, and find a caregiver. The state is running a little behind on sending out cards. Best wishes to you.

Thank you so much, I am printing out the forms and following everything you guys are saying. I am going to my doc Monday as she asked me to find this stuff out. I took ativan, tylenol 3 and clonopins since last night, this is ridiculous. God bless your help! ~Joey

Any help you need we are here, there are probably people right in your area on this forum.

DLARA/MMP-010 (Rev. 4/11)

Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY

Michigan Medical Marihuana Registry

P.O. Box 30083

Lansing, MI 48909www.michigan.gov/mmp

APPLICATION FORM FOR

REGISTRY IDENTIFICATION CARD

INSTRUCTIONS: Please complete all required information to comply with the registration requirements of the

Michigan Medical Marihuana Registry. Attach readable copies of photo ID(s) and your registration fee.

The registration fee for this application is $100.00 or $25.00 if the patient is enrolled in Medicaid or receiving

SSI or SSD (copies of qualifying documentation must be attached). Enclose your check or money order

made payable to State of Michigan—MMMP. We do not accept Cash, Credit Cards, or Debit Cards.

If you can find a quality caregiver before you send in your forms, you can add their info in the CG section, And have them sign the attestation form. 21 days after the state cashes your check, your CG can start growing your meds. If you send them in seperately, its best to wait the 21 days to ensure you are legal, then find a CG, then send in the change form and wait another 21 days for the change to be valid. Make sure you thouroughly evaluate your potential CG. A good Idea would be to attend the Jackson Farmers Market on a weekend and talk to the CGs there. Try some different products and hone in on what you will need. The quicker you get relief, the happier you will be. Thanks, Medcnman.

Thanks for this info as I would have just sent in my old letter from years ago. I am in no shape to go to a Jackson meeting, so I will have to find one on here. So I can find a caregiver now and have them fill out a form to send in with my application? ~Joey

If you can find a quality caregiver before you send in your forms, you can add their info in the CG section, And have them sign the attestation form. 21 days after the state cashes your check, your CG can start growing your meds. If you send them in seperately, its best to wait the 21 days to ensure you are legal, then find a CG, then send in the change form and wait another 21 days for the change to be valid. Make sure you thouroughly evaluate your potential CG. A good Idea would be to attend the Jackson Farmers Market on a weekend and talk to the CGs there. Try some different products and hone in on what you will need. The quicker you get relief, the happier you will be. Thanks, Medcnman.

you will need to get your dr cert, your paperwork and the application sent in to the registry department 1st. send it certified mail, so you know when they recieved it. be sure Everything is in its proper order as explained previously before you mail it out.

once you mail it out. you can start contacting folks, and perhaps find a CG you can work with. with that said, i highly doubt any of them will sign you on until 21days past the day your application was received as shown by the return receipt you get when your item is delivered via certified mail.

once 21 days are past, keep all the paperwork, watch for your check to be cashed, get a copy of the cashed check showing state of michigan deposit stamp, and then you should be able to find a CG the will sign you on.

you must wait 21 days After they Received the application packet, before one can be considered accepted to the program. Providing you have not received a certified letter of denial.

Archived