Stable Genetics?

nexplosion

Hello all! I'm currently on my 4th generation of Train Wreck clones that were donated to me in November of last year. I've noticed every cycle that I run into hermies towards the end. I'm looking for advice on what would be a very durable strain that is reluctant to hermie, i.e. its environment can be to hell and back and no weiners after the trip. Is the hermie problem inherent to Train Wreck strains from any of your experience or am I continuing bad clones? Any strains out there that fit my needs that any of you would be aware of? Thanks!

Cinderella.

Just Try getting her to hermi. Nice Fast stable sativa. Once described as the holy grail of sativas. Short, fast (50-56 days of flowering, take mine at 53 days) and an all around awesome plant. Did I mention her high yet ? Delightful !!

As you can tell I love Cinderella (AKA. C99) my favorite girl.

I love Sativas and have smoked most of the varieties available since '84. C99 is in my top 5 highs. Love that stuff.

The breeder stopped production in 98 I believe. Copies are available from several seed banks. Got a copy myself, been looking for a breeders pack of her seeds for like 6 years.

Good luck in your quest.

Cinderella is a lovely lady.

If you're breeding, you'll find cannabis stable at f8.

There is no strain of cannabis that will not hermie, even a pure landrace. It's nature's way of guaranteeing the continuance of the species. It works perfectly, as cannabis is found in the fossil record back to 180 million years.

Never heard of a sativa done in 50 days. I just smoked a Durban Poison jib this afternoon. Pure sativa and done in 108 days. A buddy had a Kush from SSSC years ago that was done in 49 days of 12-12 but that's pure indica not sativa.

Show me a sativa done in 50 days and I'll show you an indica dominant plant.

Peace. :rock:

C99 has sativa qualities is what I believe he was getting at. Euphoric up lifting high, and growth structure that leans sativa. The only indica trait I've ever seen or heard of with Cindy is her fast flowering time. I'll be running some progeny's of BG stock soon. Hopefully including the gentlemans IBL. But if you wanna true fast flowering sat. go with Sensi's Silver Haze #9 fems. They'll cost u a bit. But well worth it to find a great keeper.

Peace

Hello all! I'm currently on my 4th generation of Train Wreck clones that were donated to me in November of last year. I've noticed every cycle that I run into hermies towards the end. I'm looking for advice on what would be a very durable strain that is reluctant to hermie, i.e. its environment can be to hell and back and no weiners after the trip. Is the hermie problem inherent to Train Wreck strains from any of your experience or am I continuing bad clones? Any strains out there that fit my needs that any of you would be aware of? Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If it is not a stress issue like temps or light leakage, maybe try taking them a week earlier ?

What color are the trichomes when you harvest ? If they are way past the clear stage, going past amber..... then you are waiting too long to harvest.

Ok I just looked Cinderella or C99 up on seedfinder.

Complete pedigree is available, check it out for yourselves . Says Mostly Sativa. Jack Herer's little girl.

Finish mine at 53 days.

Nice Mostly Sativa. Looks to have been. Jack Herer's girl( Princess ) x shiva skunk x princess. Then successive back crossing to the princess cut until cubed.

Did I say it was a pure sativa?

Finish mine at 53 days. I have had pure Westmoreland Lambsbreath that takes 23-24 weeks that was a TOP NOTCH Pure sativa.

But C99 is a nice Mostly Sativa. Did I say it was a pure sativa?

By the way I much prefer Cindy's high to that of the wreck( too chaotic for me).

My 2¢…

@ BubbleBerryKush-Around 50-60 days so I may be pushing her too long.

@ Budz 4 U-I will admit there is a little bit of light leakage throughout flower such as ambient light reflected into the room, not sure how much is too much though? I've never checked the tri's with a scope but I will say they are visibly amber so maybe I'm taking her a bit too long.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations and advice!

Cinderella.

Just Try getting her to hermi. Nice Fast stable sativa. Once described as the holy grail of sativas. Short, fast (50-56 days of flowering, take mine at 53 days) and an all around awesome plant. Did I mention her high yet ? Delightful !!

As you can tell I love Cinderella (AKA. C99) my favorite girl.

I love Sativas and have smoked most of the varieties available since '84. C99 is in my top 5 highs. Love that stuff.

The breeder stopped production in 98 I believe. Copies are available from several seed banks. Got a copy myself, been looking for a breeders pack of her seeds for like 6 years.

Good luck in your quest.

Cinderella is a lovely lady.

Yes, Cinderella 99 is a bullet proof non hermie plant. The thing is that real C99 seeds are no longer available and very few have an actual original C99 clone. Plenty of knock off seeds and supposed clones though.

If you want to get seeds that are close to the original C99 go with seeds boutique and get dutch grown's C99 "F2" seeds. Joey Weed's C99 "F2" is probably next in line after dutch grown.....

Trainwreck in notorious for kicking out hermie flowers but she is yummy if you do her right..... C99 is delicious also but on a total different spectrum.

C99 has sativa qualities is what I believe he was getting at. Euphoric up lifting high, and growth structure that leans sativa. The only indica trait I've ever seen or heard of with Cindy is her fast flowering time. I'll be running some progeny's of BG stock soon. Hopefully including the gentlemans IBL. But if you wanna true fast flowering sat. go with Sensi's Silver Haze #9 fems. They'll cost u a bit. But well worth it to find a great keeper.

Peace

C99 euphoric??? lol

C99 is known for inducing paranoia etc. It's more trippy than euphoric by a long shot...................

If you're breeding, you'll find cannabis stable at f8.

There is no strain of cannabis that will not hermie, even a pure landrace. It's nature's way of guaranteeing the continuance of the species. It works perfectly, as cannabis is found in the fossil record back to 180 million years.

Never heard of a sativa done in 50 days. I just smoked a Durban Poison jib this afternoon. Pure sativa and done in 108 days. A buddy had a Kush from SSSC years ago that was done in 49 days of 12-12 but that's pure indica not sativa.

Show me a sativa done in 50 days and I'll show you an indica dominant plant.

Peace. :rock:

dude............ C99 has been around since 1999. She's got very little indica influence in her effect, extremely heady. Yes she is done in 50 days give or take. There are several traits that marijuana expresses and earlieness/lateness are two of them.

When you cross an indica to a sativa then take them to an f2 you will get a mix of traits. Some plants can look like an indica and smoke like a sativa.............. some may be just the opposite. I've seen plants that look 100% indica go over 100 days. These things happen when breeding cannabis. Different traits can line up that seem to contradict each other. Wide leaf does not always equal narco and thin leaf does not always equal racey in the world of hybrids.

Earlieness and racieness can and have combined on the same plant my friend. Ever grown a dutch bred durban poison? They look stone cold indica and smoke just like a sativa. These were developed long before the Brothers Grimm created Cinderella....

Bro I've ran plenty of Cindy. Still have my Mango mom in Veg. F2 from original stock. Was lucky to get a handful to go through last year. IMO, Cindy's nice. I run her for my lady patients who like fruity daytime buzzes. Some ppl call her the Grail. I just haven't had that experience with her is all I'm sayin. Waiting on a dude to finish up a re-cubing. If u want hit me up in a pm and I'll give further detail. I believe he's been working on his Grail. From original BG stock for close to 5-6 years now. Carefully selecting. I'm a Chem dude personally. My '91/D pheno of D Bx3 is the Grail for me. But again that's me.

Peace

Someone explain trippy weed to me. Guess I've been growin bunk all along and didn't know it. Cause I ain't never had trippy weed. Euphoric, thought provoking, yes, but trippy. As in acid? Nope not yet. Maybe this '76 Circa Columbian Gold pheno of Goldendawg I got will be it. Cause I grew a crap load of '84 Landrace Thai also, last year. And that was racey, Euphoric, daytime smoke. But not trippy. Been growin my Cindy for a bit and don't get that. But I have an extraordinary tolerance.

Not trying to tinkle in Anyone's wheaties. Happy Growing!!!

Peace

Someone explain trippy weed to me. Guess I've been growin bunk all along and didn't know it. Cause I ain't never had trippy weed. Euphoric, thought provoking, yes, but trippy. As in acid? Nope not yet. Maybe this '76 Circa Columbian Gold pheno of Goldendawg I got will be it. Cause I grew a crap load of '84 Landrace Thai also, last year. And that was racey, Euphoric, daytime smoke. But not trippy. Been growin my Cindy for a bit and don't get that. But I have an extraordinary tolerance.

Not trying to tinkle in Anyone's wheaties. Happy Growing!!!

Peace

I've grown C99 for moons and guarantee it was from original stock. I've also grown C99 F2's. The C99 F2's can't shine a light on the real thing. Also the real thing wasn't perfect, you had to find the right pheno. The flavor has little to do with the potency outcome. Some plants were a little on the less potent side but some were crazy potent.

The F2's just don't pack the punch of the original even when they are made with the better females. Some F2's are very tasty and pretty nice but that freaky paranoia trip usually just aint there............. Some might think that's a good thing but I'm not on that boat......

If you ever smoked some of the killer brown weed like we used to get back in the 70's you would know what trippy means. They don't make weed like that anymore...... Same goes for that landrece Thai you speak of. By the way, there is NO such thing as real Thai weed anymore. It was lost when they killed off the monks that were growing it.

Also forget about putting trippy and euphoric in the same description, it's probably not going to happen. Bubblegum is euphoric, Colombian Gold is trippy. If you have the real Colombian Gold she's going to grow like a tree inside. Good luck though, having a real Colombian Gold plant would be very special...... If that is the real CG and a prime example you will find out what trippy smoke is if you can grow her properly indoors.

Sorry, don't mean to be a richard but I can't stand to see misinformation posted in a medical marijuana forum.

Archived