Earth Juice?

tooldini

Do any of you use earth juice nutrients? I have been using earth juice bloom on my new plants, probably use it like 3-4 times in the last couple weeks. I am growing in Happy Frog soil. I have not been watering alot due to the colder temps. I have been putting 2 table spoons in the water I use to feed. Since they are flowering am I using enough or too much? I have some very dark spots on the lower large white widow leaves. Also some of the leaves on the Deep Purple are looking spotty not just dark but different. I will get pics up tomorrow. Any ideas

Here are some pics. I noticed that the dark spots on WW started right after transplanting into 2 gallon pot. Can being root bound cause this?

DinaFem White widow leaf

WWleaf.jpg

Deep Purple Top these may be fine. I had never seen a grown marijuana plant until I started growing so even though I have grown 6+ plants it is still new. In natural light there seems to be some slightly darker color around the veins in the leaves. Still seem flexable and not crispy.

dptop.jpg

white widow on left and Deep Purple on right, two little clones I thought were dead I had to put into flower are budding, they even had buds on them when I was given the clones LOL

wwdpclones.jpg

Oh ok cause I have told before I may have PH problems but have never checked. I use my well water which is excellent. I used to test it for my saltwater aquarium and it was good quality for that. I am gonna have to get something to check PH with. Do you know of something cheap for checking soil?

Well it is what I was thinking by the pics I have seen on the net so thanks guys. I do have some House and Garden nutrients I received for free as a sample. They sent alot so maybe I will try them and then General organics. So Longhair do I need to get some Cal/Mag to add or should I just wait and feed plain water for a bit and switch to the other nutrients I have?

Every nute I've used dropped ph. Can't seem to stress this enough. A good ph meter is as important as your light.. I would bet dollars to donuts that if you checked your ph of your run off it would be in the 4's. First thing that does is lock out Cal and first sure sign is those brown spots on the older sucker leafs. Cheap test kits are hard to read after you mix nutes so spend the dollars and get a ph meter. If at the very least if ya can't afford it this second and know someone that has one. Have them come over and mix you 1 gallon of your nute mix and wright down how many ml it takes to get ya 6.0. Then when you mix your food next time mix it the same way and you'll be close. Well water has it's issues to as most times the ppms/ec is high with god knows what. I always run a r/o system so my water starts out at zero ppms.

Yeah hopefully Santa is good to ya this year. My daughter bought a nice little ph only meter a week ago or so for like 60 bucks that worked well enough to use. It calibrated fine and held steady so worked anyways. I have the high dollar tri meters but those are closer to 300. Worth there weight in gold too.

Yep mix yer nutes and then set ph and then feed the plants. Save the water that runs out the bottom of the pots in a clean bowl or dish and re-check ph of your run off. This will let ya know where your medium(soil) ph is at. So if you mixed your nutes and then set ph at say 6.2 and you check run off and it comes out at 4.5,, well then ya know you have a soil ph issue and need to add dom lime to bring it back up.

Your run off will tell you all kinds of things like ph and how much nutes the plant is eating and how much nutes you have in your soil if your meter runs ppms too.

I just bought a small ph only meter for my daughter for x-mas for 65 bucks at our local hydro store. Works pretty good. I had to get my hanna tri meter back so I could track temps in my aero cloner. Now this meter is 3 years old and still have yet to have a issue with it nor changed a probe out yet. It's been a one rez or the other for 3 years and still works as good as when I bought the thing. I did check the cal on it yesterday when I got it back and it was within .1 of where it was set at.

Thing with a good meter like this one you can trust them and it's saved a many a sick plant by checking and working with my run off.

Archived