Browning Leaf Tips

HonestOlive

Hey everyone,

This is my first time posting and first time personally growing meds , but I am getting help from people who have grown a couple times. Some of my leafs are brown or look kind of burnt towards the ends, we can't pin point what it is coming from. We are using soil, they are still in veg and are under a HPS light that is on 700 watts, we also are using a RO system for water, have three fans surrounding them and haven't gave them nutes in a couple weeks. Here are some pics (Last one is the just a pic of the room a while ago so you could get a idea of what I'm working with)

IMG_12481.jpg

IMG_12491.jpg

IMG_12461.jpg

IMG_12201.jpg

the larger damage on the leaf looks like as Q said, a cal and or mag deficiency can do that.

the very end of the leaf, the tips, on a few pics are looking like it could be nute burn... hard to say atm.. but you may be a little hot with the rest of the nutes...

From what I see you are using to much nitrogen. Back off the veg fertilizer to a reduced strength.

I've had leaves die like that in my veg room. I believe it had something to do with high ppms relative to the amount of light I had in the room. Added 1kw SuperBlue to fix that.

That is definitely nute burn and a magnesium deficiency. I had to giggle at this suggestion though... adding an expensive and hot 1000 watt is not the solution to overfeeding.... lol. Just don't overfeed.

What are you feeding anyway? It must be very hot if you can go weeks without using it. I bet that's your problem. Please don't say miracle grow...

We did have mites 7 or 8 weeks ago and thought we got rid of them spraying them AzaMax but now we have noticed we have a very small amount again (making whoopee pieces of bunny muffin). The room is around 80 degrees and I just started adding cal mag to the water. Before we Hygrozyme like every three days and use about a cap full per gallon and shared that between 2-3 plants depending on size. Didn't know about PPM's until you mentioned it in this post. the light isn't on a 1000 watts either its on 600. We also had a issue of mildew a couple weeks ago (Ya I know, are plants hate us) and sprayed them with fungicide twice, and have been spraying neem oil on the plants every other day. Haha, no we didn't use Miracle Grow. Should I just use regular tap water?

??is that all you have been feeding them is hydrozyme with ro water?If so then yes thats the problem, you need to actually feed them with nutrients and add cal/mag to your water, if not and youve been doing all of your nutrients this way, with u kno a cap here and a cap there then you probably over fed them ..."adding an expensive and hot 1000 watt is not the solution to overfeeding"....actually a plant under a 1k light can use more nutrients than one under a 600, same as a plant in optimum conditions with co2 supplement can use alot more nutrients than one without co2...but no you cant just add a 1k and fix it.

??is that all you have been feeding them is hydrozyme with ro water?If so then yes thats the problem, you need to actually feed them with nutrients and add cal/mag to your water, if not and youve been doing all of your nutrients this way, with u kno a cap here and a cap there then you probably over fed them ..."adding an expensive and hot 1000 watt is not the solution to overfeeding"....actually a plant under a 1k light can use more nutrients than one under a 600, same as a plant in optimum conditions with co2 supplement can use alot more nutrients than one without co2...but no you cant just add a 1k and fix it.

That much is obvious. The point was if your issue is overfeeding you should cut back on the nutrients. Getting a 1000 watt only introduces more issues: electricity bill, heat, equipment cost, etc. Feeding less costs...

That is definitely nute burn and a magnesium deficiency. I had to giggle at this suggestion though... adding an expensive and hot 1000 watt is not the solution to overfeeding.... lol. Just don't overfeed.

What are you feeding anyway? It must be very hot if you can go weeks without using it. I bet that's your problem. Please don't say miracle grow...

Lol, I laughed as I re-read my post. I changed a couple things but somehow I attributed the light to the fix.

Archived