Totally Crap Day

So I was sleepy really well and Jay came into the bedroom just now to wake me up. He told me, "Come here and read this," then put his arms around me to hug me. So, my oldest daughter has been in a car accident. Her father posted on facebook that if any of her friends were with her to call him and let him know what happened to her or what is currently happening with her, I followed suit and did the same thing. So right now all I know is that she has been in a car accident, that she flipped her caar, and that she possibly has head trauma.

So I was sleepy really well and Jay came into the bedroom just now to wake me up. He told me, "Come here and read this," then put his arms around me to hug me. So, my oldest daughter has been in a car accident. Her father posted on facebook that if any of her friends were with her to call him and let him know what happened to her or what is currently happening with her, I followed suit and did the same thing. So right now all I know is that she has been in a car accident, that she flipped her caar, and that she possibly has head trauma.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to You and your daughter.

Hopefully everything will be fine . I had 3 kids roll a car seven times infront of my house a few years back and all were ok last time I talked to people that new them . Younger people really do heal well .

After everything settles out make sure someone files the appropriate claim form for a accident with injuries with the insurance company just in case problems develop down the road . I know there is a form you must obtain and fill in to notify the insurance compay . Often injuries start to increase their effects with time so you must protect each occurance . The Brain Injury Association of Michigan ( BIAMA ) are the leading advocates and a source of information to assistance as well as have clubs for individuals with Brain Injury and though I havent' used them in a few years the State Insurance Commisioners Office of Consumer Protection helps the injured also . You fill out a complaint form and they observe making sure you get a written reply in 30 days from the insurance compay you have a dispute with from their receipt of it back .

http://www.biami.org/

Thank you everyone for your well wishes, they have worked. She is going to be okay after some rehabilitation.

Ok, so I've talked to my daughters father. Evidently what happened is that she had drank a beer (I know I could kick her donkey for drinking and driving too.), and she was weaving in and out of traffic and someone walked out in front of her car so she swerved and hit a curb and rolled a couple of times, before her car struck a building. She hit her head, probably mutiple times, and has a bleed in her brain. She has had surgery on her head and they are keeping her in the hospital because of the bleed. I just spoke to her and she doesn't remember anything from last night which could be a good thing, it could be very tramatic to remember an accident like that. She is going to be in the hospital probably for a week. I wish that I could be with her but right now it is not financially feasible. If she lived near her father I wouldn't worry about being there, but she doesn't and doesn't have anybody to take care of her.

I thank God that this accident didn't turn out any worse than it did. I don't know what I would do if I lost one of my children.

I'm happy things did not turn out worse than they did, as there was a lot of potential for that.

I hope you are doing ok, and hope your daughter will be fine. Best wishes to all of you.

Mike

So far so good Mike. They are still watching a Cranial Bleed. And she wont be able to work for a couple of weeks. I was going to try and get to her to help her for a couple of weeks but without a lot of financial help there is no way I can get to her.

So health wise my daughter is going to be okay. But here's her problem, its probably going to be a few weeks until she can go back to work and she doesn't have any savings because she just did some mechanical work to her car and spent what she had. Now she doesn't have anything to pay for groceries and rent is due in just a couple of days. And this is all just in time for her 21st birthday on Saturday, January 28. Well, I guess we will try and figure something out.

Archived