Macc

Yes, it picks up everything in the testing. Here's a small example. We had a caregiver come in and have a couple strains tested. This caregiver grows single strains in separate rooms. On 2 of the strains that he brought in, the tester asked him if they used fly strips in the room. After thinking about it for a minute the caregiver couldn't believe that he was able to see which rooms he had hung fly strips in to catch a small gnat problem he caught early on. Just goes to show, this was something that never touched the plant and yet was able to be detected by the testing for mearly being in the room.

I never said there wasn't enough MI meds. There was plenty, just most of it was not even near the quality it is now a days in MI. When patients were looking for serious help to alleviate their conditions, the growers who were bringing in their "unused meds" just weren't able to help patients as well as some of the more experienced out of state growers. The one's who did have the experience, wanted so much for their time that patients wouldn't be able to afford it.

that's odd because cannalytics maintained in previous posts that they can't test for pesticides or chemical fertilizers, unless I misunderstood their post. .. Again your last paragraph is bunny muffin cause they are still selling Cali meds cause the price is cheap and they are still selling for top$$$. How much markup the dispensaries wanted made it so patients could't afford it not caregivers prices, stop the BS here

that's odd because cannalytics maintained in previous posts that they can't test for pesticides or chemical fertilizers, unless I misunderstood their post. .. Again your last paragraph is bunny muffin cause they are still selling Cali meds cause the price is cheap and they are still selling for top$$$. How much markup the dispensaries wanted made it so patients could't afford it not caregivers prices, stop the BS here

I don't know what EVERY center does. I'm telling you what the one I work at does, or has done. If you have in your mind that EVERY place is exactly the same, than you are a closed minded person. That would be like saying EVERY dept store gets most of their crap from China, just because Wallmart does. We have not had Cali meds in over a year. And if the caregivers are asking for over 300 for each of theirs, than yes, the centers have to increase that price so that they can pay for rent, utilities, payroll, and everything else involved in having a business. So if the caregivers can part with their extras for less, than it allows the centers to keep the prices lower as well.

All in all, it comes down to voting with your wallet. If you think the prices are to high, or just plain don't like compassion centers, than don't go there. If everyone agreed with you, these places would make no money and be forced to either lower their prices or go out of business. So just because you disagree with how something works, doesn't mean everyone is on the same page as you. If nobody wanted these places or the prices were to high, than they would eventually close up and cease to exist.

As far as the testing, I was referring to Michigan Testing Authority, not cannalytics. There are different machines out there that test the medicine slightly differently. Once again, not all of them are the same. And even though MTA doesn't list every single thing they can test for in the meds, they can still see things in the results. For instance, the story I told of the fly strips does not show on the printout he provides after testing, he just recognized it's footprint that was left behind and was able to call it out as he was conducting the testing.

I don't know what EVERY center does. I'm telling you what the one I work at does, or has done. If you have in your mind that EVERY place is exactly the same, than you are a closed minded person. That would be like saying EVERY dept store gets most of their crap from China, just because Wallmart does. We have not had Cali meds in over a year. And if the caregivers are asking for over 300 for each of theirs, than yes, the centers have to increase that price so that they can pay for rent, utilities, payroll, and everything else involved in having a business. So if the caregivers can part with their extras for less, than it allows the centers to keep the prices lower as well.

All in all, it comes down to voting with your wallet. If you think the prices are to high, or just plain don't like compassion centers, than don't go there. If everyone agreed with you, these places would make no money and be forced to either lower their prices or go out of business. So just because you disagree with how something works, doesn't mean everyone is on the same page as you. If nobody wanted these places or the prices were to high, than they would eventually close up and cease to exist.

As far as the testing, I was referring to Michigan Testing Authority, not cannalytics. There are different machines out there that test the medicine slightly differently. Once again, not all of them are the same. And even though MTA doesn't list every single thing they can test for in the meds, they can still see things in the results. For instance, the story I told of the fly strips does not show on the printout he provides after testing, he just recognized it's footprint that was left behind and was able to call it out as he was conducting the testing.

Turn them into Farmers markets and the bills can still be paid. why should the high price of a "BUDTENDER"

ever enter into the price of medicine... give us a break!

JustDan is right about how things have shifted over the last couple of years. There continues to be misconceptions about what people refer to as dispensaries.

Now that there can be rational discussions, instead of false accusations, on this site, these things can be talked about without any more mud-slinging and statements being made without factual support.

There was a series started on Planet Green Trees about the different testing services and technologies that are used. These shows can be listened to again, and should be for those who are interested and want to learn more about it. So far, Cannalytics, Iron Labs and Michigan Testing Authority have been on. There will be more services interviewed and more discussion on what we have learned, as the series resumes.

"There's a sucker born every minute" that's why their willing to pay the high prices. egress this way!

do you have a report from MTA you can post?

As the series on testing continues on Planet Green Trees, we can get into these types of specifics. This is interesting stuff. People should listen to the webisodes with the testing company interviews, including Northern Lab, most recently. I'm sure that MTA and others will come back on to keep the discussion going. The series continues on Thursday night.

Edited by jamieuke

Again, listen to the testing interviews on PGT. I'm not sure if MTA covered the situation of determining improperly flushed medicine when they were on tne show, but the basic concepts of the ZNose technology is discussed. Cannalytics, Iron Labs, MTA and Northern Lab have all been on, so far. The series and discussion will continue Thursday night.

Keep in mind most growers in Michigan were not growing prior to 2009. There is a learning curve with cannabis and as time goes on I think it is safe to say quality will continue to improve.

Hand up flaying in air, that's me, didn't start until then but I am always trying to learn better ways of doing things and what in this plant helps what conditions. :)

I have a question....

I understand that GC's will be protected (hopefully), but what about patients that grow for themselves.

Are they in any harm of loosing that right?

If patients lose the right to grow for themselves, the MMM Act will be finished!!!!