Macc

From what I know, MACC is a group of dispensary owners that are trying to get dispensaries legalized. They are the ones behind the current dispensary bill. Personally, I have the feeling they will throw caregivers under the bus to achieve their goal if they have to.

That is the vibe I was feeling

Thanks

Anyone know them by name?

From what I know, MACC is a group of dispensary owners that are trying to get dispensaries legalized. They are the ones behind the current dispensary bill. Personally, I have the feeling they will throw caregivers under the bus to achieve their goal if they have to.

I'm not saying you're wrong here, because I know very little about the intent of all these advocacy groups. I'm just doubtful that dispensary owners would want to scrap the CG system. Diverse sources of meds are integral to offering your patients wide choices in products, strains, and price.

It would be foolish and a large magnet for federal attention if we went with large, dedicated grows and kitchens that supply dispensaries.

Northern,

That's exactly what the politicians want! They do not want 10,000s of people growing all over the state. Why do you think MPP dropped the caregiver model in all the states that they gone after MMJ legality since Michigan? There are many in our community that feel we have a better chance of ultimate legalization if we go that route. I admit restriction and regulation would make everything easier for the government.

My idea of legal marijuana is being able to grow it next to my tomato plants, not being able to go to a store two towns over and buy it for $20/gram.

MACC will do anything to get dispensaries legal. If they have to get rid of caregivers and go to well-regulated warehouse grows to do this, trust me, they will.

Northern,

That's exactly what the politicians want! They do not want 10,000s of people growing all over the state. Why do you think MPP dropped the caregiver model in all the states that they gone after MMJ legality since Michigan? There are many in our community that feel we have a better chance of ultimate legalization if we go that route. I admit restriction and regulation would make everything easier for the government.

My idea of legal marijuana is being able to grow it next to my tomato plants, not being able to go to a store two towns over and buy it for $20/gram.

MACC will do anything to get dispensaries legal. If they have to get rid of caregivers and go to well-regulated warehouse grows to do this, trust me, they will.

I agree that freedom to cultivate is paramount to preserving the spirit in which the initiative was passed.

Macc has got to know that any attempt to scrap the CG system in favor of exclusive larger grow ops will be vigorously opposed by the rest of us. There are so many reasons why they shouldn't go that route, it seems like a huge waste of time to even attempt it. It seems to me that much needed sensible dispensary regulation and the CG system should not be enemies, but allies.

Sure, they may get a bill out of committee by scrapping the CG system, but that's as far as it's likely to go. Those who already oppose medical cannabis will use the same arguments I mentioned about federal attention to vote it down. Combine that with severe opposition from patient advocacy groups and it's guaranteed loser. They've gotta know this, don't ya think?

Like I said, I don't know much about any of these unnecessarily secretive advocacy groups, so maybe they're dumber than we give them credit for.

Is someone actually offering that to MACC? I doubt it.

So would MACC trade your first born child for their own favors? Who knows? I bet the deal isn't being offered.

Would you allow the sun to be turned blue so that you can have meds? maybe .. but it's silly to talk about since it will NEVER happen.

That is assuming that MACC is hell bent on destroying the caregiver system. Which they are NOT.

I'm not a dispensary owner. Yet I was in the inside of the formation of MACC. I watched. I was invited inside.

MACC is NOT out to destroy the caregiver system. It simply isn't true. Some folks have tried to destroy MACC by telling this false story.

Most folks that say that about MACC, don't have bad intentions. They are simply uninformed.

The caregivers are their supply. Why would any business conspire to eliminate their product supply?

Edited by peanutbutter

So would MACC trade your first born child for their own favors? Who knows? I bet the deal isn't being offered.

Would you allow the sun to be turned blue so that you can have meds? maybe .. but it's silly to talk about since it will NEVER happen.

That is assuming that MACC is hell bent on destroying the caregiver system. Which they are NOT.

I'm not a dispensary owner. Yet I was in the inside of the formation of MACC. I watched. I was invited inside.

MACC is NOT out to destroy the caregiver system. It simply isn't true. Some folks have tried to destroy MACC by telling this false story.

Most folks that say that about MACC, don't have bad intentions. They are simply uninformed.

The caregivers are their supply. Why would any business conspire to eliminate their product supply?

Thanks PB

I am sure that some folks have pointed questions about the MACC

Stick around maybe I can find out the truth

This is an interesting topic.

I have pretty much assumed that it is to the benefit of MACC to have a caregiver system in place that can assist them with inventory. I clicked the link a few posts back to go to MACC's website and found that it lists a caregiver membership. This seemed to support my original assumption that caregivers would be important to their business model. I clicked their link to become a "caregiver coalition" member as well as the link to become a "community/free user". Seems neither work. Now a non-working link does not absolutely represent a position statement from an organization, but it sure creates some doubt.

Seems like MACC is getting the same treatment that some have been giving CPU. :drinking-coffee:

As a courtesy, I was sent a copy of the dispensary bill. I promised not to circulate it, and I intend to keep that promise. But...

There is no exclusion for caregivers in the bill, and in fact it will have provisions for dealing with overages and transferring them into the distribution system. To me, that would be a great thing, and would help keep them from the black market. And that is very desirable.

Now will this bill be lit up like a Christmas tree with amendments?

NO/YES/MAYBE

take your pick. Until things go into committee and then potentially the floor, we will not know.

I have been assured, and I choose to believe, there is no intent to cut out caregivers from the mix.

This is another Joe Cain made up rant. He simply could not know at this point. Heck the proponents of the dispensary legislation themselves don't know what the results will be...

As a courtesy, I was sent a copy of the dispensary bill. I promised not to circulate it, and I intend to keep that promise. But...

There is no exclusion for caregivers in the bill, and in fact it will have provisions for dealing with overages and transferring them into the distribution system. To me, that would be a great thing, and would help keep them from the black market. And that is very desirable.

Now will this bill be lit up like a Christmas tree with amendments?

NO/YES/MAYBE

take your pick. Until things go into committee and then potentially the floor, we will not know.

I have been assured, and I choose to believe, there is no intent to cut out caregivers from the mix.

This is another Joe Cain made up rant. He simply could not know at this point. Heck the proponents of the dispensary legislation themselves don't know what the results will be...

Can you say if the Caregivers would have to participate in what fashion to be compensated. Such as a dispensary? I am not sure if I am reading this correctly, it will be legal for the caregiver to do this through others besides their patients?

These questions have been answered a few times over. We believe that the caregiver system must be preserved and always have. The dispensary models and standards we implement, work in conjunction with the caregiver system and to carry out the spirit of the MMMA. The dispensary bill that we support and have worked on is based on a local option concept that would allow each municipality to decide whether or not to embrace zoning for commercial activity. The bill does not address residences and is designed to foster a symbiotic relationship between the farmers and the safe access points.

An early version was posted on this site and was primarily met with approval.

I think getting on the same page with a common definition of "dispensary" would cut through a lot of the uncertainty and concern that some people have.

MACC, agrees with CPU and MMMA on everything, as far I am aware.

Just thinking out loud here, but it would seem to me that the model that many now closed dispensaries used, something like a 5,6,7 day-a-week farmer's market, would be acceptable to most. The farmer names the price on the counter, and pays a consignment fee to the owner of the dispensary for sitting there in his/her stead.

This holds prices down through increased competition, allows any cardholder with enough growing or cooking skills to participate, and promotes a diverse and distributed supply network.

That's not to say that this distribution model should supplant all others, it should just compliment/supplement it.

I never said anything definitive and welcome input from MACC. From what I understand they are not advocating the end of the CG system.

However, it is my belief that if it came down to it, they would throw CGs under the bus to get what they wanted if it was the only way for them to realize their objectives.

It is also a fear of mine that if the legislature gets a hold of this bill then they will use it to further their own anti-drug views.

Sorry if I caused confusion by my former posts. I will try to make sure that all my opinions are posted as my opinions only.

Also, I can and often do change opinions when presented with more/more/better information. If I don't agree with you, know I can often be swayed to other opinions.

I've been wrong so many times in the past that I don't have a problem admitting it.