Macc

Sooooo.....No one cares about the patient growing for themselves?

Or, it isn't an issue. I can't imagine it not being an issue.

If the dispensaries want as many patients as possible, and CG's want as many patients as possible, then.....who is fighting for the little guy just maintaining his own?

Any ideas on this?

I think you question is in what should be the perfect place since we don't know what is in that bill and who all it will affect. I would be interested in this answer myself.

Is it true that lawmakers have incentivized pushing the Walsh Bill Pkg through, perhaps quicker, by claiming nothing happens with the dispensary bill until they get through the first set of bills through? This would possibly make the Macc crowd less concerned about protecting all us from the Walsh Pkg and certainly uninterested in a significant showing of unity through a peaceful protest at The Capital on April 17th. This division concerns me.

Good question. Whitney first posted about the bills being voted on in the House on April 17th. We had heard independent of her info, that the dispensary bill would be introduced on or about that date. I have heard that the first four bills need to pass in order for a dispensary bill introduced. But I did not hear that from a legislator or their staff, so I take it with a grain of sand.

I asked Rep Irwin about this date, Rep Horn was asked this question today, Rep Cavanagh was asked yesterday... all by different people may I add (and that is teamwork!!!!), none confirmed the bills will be voted on the 17th. Additionally they need to do two readings of the bill, and the 17th is day one if they were to read it on the floor then. As Rep Irwin told me, this could be truthful, it fits the Republican pattern over the last two years, but he was not aware of this occurring on April 17th.

I have spoken to a founder of MACC and the Walsh bills and the dispensary language have NOTHING to do with MACC's view of the proposed peaceful protest. Again that is a untruth originating on Joe Cain's facebook page. I have not heard a position from MACC on the protest. I truly doubt they would participate or even comment, as they have their bill in it's early stage and that could complicate things. It would be nuts to protest due to that fact alone. But I would be shocked if they had made any public pronouncement of opposition to people's right to gather peacefully at the Capitol.

Well, understanding the legislative process, i would assume the bill language that MACC or whoever currently has may not necessarily be what is presented in the near future.

These bills tend to have a life of their own and change on a dime.

I believe it is not anyones intent currently to intrude upon the Act from MACC. My worries are that this bill has so much low hanging fruit, it will be destroyed and will never pass unless it does strip away alot of rights fromt he original bill. That is 100% speculation from me, but well founded. It is not like we exactly have a friendly legislature at the moment in Michigan. This current set of bills kinda sets the tone. They want to screew us a bit. So... intent and end results i fear will not matchup.

This would be a key zone of contention between MACC and CPU. Do not intrude upon the Act or patients and caregivers rights and we remain neutral.

Pretty straight forward stuff.

Threading the needle for dispensaries is a tough task though. We shall see.

:watching:

Pretty childish to say I know a secret, give out little hints and then not say anything Hayduke. Should have said nothing if you weren't trying to stir the pot so to speak.

I answered the question to assuade yours and others concerns. I answered the question to make sure rumor and the like did not get out of hand as oftened as happened here.

I have no obligation to you, to let you determine what I may or may not say... sorry... it's called being an American... I can speak or not. I was trying to be honest and still keep my word. Maybe you are right, maybe I should not tell you anything and just let you freak out with inaccuracies about substantial matters in the bill. Nah, you are wrong and all I can say is time will tell who is telling the truth, eh?

I am very childish, thank you...

But it is not a secret to those needing to know. And when I give my word it is not a secret. Take it for what it is worth to you...

"In the bill there is language that will give caregivers additional options in regard to the distribution." & "I would prefer to not reveal my source. Suffice to say it is from one of the principal's involved." <---- You call that honoring an agreement to keep things private.

Edited by Mememe

Any caregiver that thinks the dispenencerys will give them options for overages at a fair price are sadly mistaken. For one they will flood the market with out of state product and some will want you to leave samples and never call you back. What did they do with all those free samples? Laughed all the way to the bank.

These questions have been answered a few times over. We believe that the caregiver system must be preserved and always have. The dispensary models and standards we implement, work in conjunction with the caregiver system and to carry out the spirit of the MMMA. The dispensary bill that we support and have worked on is based on a local option concept that would allow each municipality to decide whether or not to embrace zoning for commercial activity. The bill does not address residences and is designed to foster a symbiotic relationship between the farmers and the safe access points.

An early version was posted on this site and was primarily met with approval.

I think getting on the same page with a common definition of "dispensary" would cut through a lot of the uncertainty and concern that some people have.

MACC, agrees with CPU and MMMA on everything, as far I am aware.

http://www.annarbor.com/news/ypsilanti-to-host-pot-competition/

MACC is the Freed/Lowell/starvos crew right?

The ones who said:

"“If you’re in a neighborhood, would you want your neighbor’s house full of weed? Probably not, but that’s what’s going on,” Stavros said. “We are 100 percent pro-marijuana, but we do need to think there needs to be regulations involved.”

The MMCC envisions designated growing zones where caregivers can grow their plants, while keeping them all in one spot to improve oversight. It would also allow authorities to keep tabs on who is growing the plants.

Stavros cited an example of a 55-year-old Detroit woman who allowed a 21-year-old man to be her caregiver. The man promised to provide her with her medicine, but instead began demanding money and sex for it."

I answered the question to assuade yours and others concerns. I answered the question to make sure rumor and the like did not get out of hand as oftened as happened here.

I have no obligation to you, to let you determine what I may or may not say... sorry... it's called being an American... I can speak or not. I was trying to be honest and still keep my word. Maybe you are right, maybe I should not tell you anything and just let you freak out with inaccuracies about substantial matters in the bill. Nah, you are wrong and all I can say is time will tell who is telling the truth, eh?

I am very childish, thank you...

But it is not a secret to those needing to know. And when I give my word it is not a secret. Take it for what it is worth to you...

you want to protect us from unsubstantiated claims with unsubstantiated claims,,,priceless

unless it is an opinion, then yes keep it to yourself unless you can back it up

Is it true that lawmakers have incentivized pushing the Walsh Bill Pkg through, perhaps quicker, by claiming nothing happens with the dispensary bill until they get through the first set of bills through? This would possibly make the Macc crowd less concerned about protecting all us from the Walsh Pkg and certainly uninterested in a significant showing of unity through a peaceful protest at The Capital on April 17th. This division concerns me.

the problem with this imo. If the MACC, or any distribution entity, is so foolish as to not protect the MMM Act of 08, then they are not worth the paper their policy is wrote on.

No Act, No Patient, No Plant, and thus No Dispensaries. I would find it hard to believe a least Some faction of their UPs dont see this vital relationship to the Act bing "Actvie" and the MACC having any "Customers" to pander too.

you want to protect us from unsubstantiated claims with unsubstantiated claims,,,priceless

unless it is an opinion, then yes keep it to yourself unless you can back it up

great point, so true...

Forget I ever said it, it is obviously something I saw written on the bathroom wall at Comerica Park....

and has no basis in fact....

lol....

No, I am wondering if MACC is interested in making any deals where patients would have to give up their RIGHT to grow their own medicine.

So, all patients would EITHER have to have a CG or go to a dispensary.

But, thanks for laughing at me, PB.

Not at you .. at the idea of a new law against marijuana that would actually work. Has never yet and never will.

Not at you .. at the idea of a new law against marijuana that would actually work. Has never yet and never will.

Well......if you are comfortable growing If/when it is no longer allowed. KNOWING the State and POSSIBLY police know you WERE for the last 3 years.....then, I don't know what to tell ya. It sounds like suicide to me. I know others will still grow, but I am talking about welllllllllll, me.

Well......if you are comfortable growing If/when it is no longer allowed. KNOWING the State and POSSIBLY police know you WERE for the last 3 years.....then, I don't know what to tell ya. It sounds like suicide to me. I know others will still grow, but I am talking about welllllllllll, me.

I'm laughing at their stupidity.

If you want to be insulted by that, I'm sorry.

I'm laughing at their stupidity.

If you want to be insulted by that, I'm sorry.

Who's stupidity? I am the one that asked the question....

I am not usually touchy. But, I feel like you are now calling me stupid as well.

I asked if MACC would be willing to barter away the patient whom is growing for themselves rights, and you laugh at me and call me stupid!?!

Perhaps there is a miscommunication somewhere......

I doubt the mmcc and macc are the same?

Not sure

They sure seem to be. Same people, different initials.

A turd by any other acronym is still a turd.

I won't support any group that wants to limit people's right to grow.

They aren't running around telling stories of old ladies being forced to give their CG a BJ for their meds because they support the caregiver model.

Unless it's another Jamie Lowell representing MACC they're taking about here: http://annarborchronicle.com/2012/04/07/tension-grows-in-medical-marijuana-debate/

If it is, I sincerely apologize.

We need to carefully examine other states, say Colorado, that have developed a dispensary based distribution system.

The ability for the patient and caregiver to produce their own medicine, with a sufficient plant count, MUST NOT BE NEGOCIATED AWAY.

Everyone would be complete fools to not believe that this is where certain parties will attempt to go with the quick arrival of a proposed dispensary bill. If these rights are compromised, all patients and caregivers will be at the mercy of Dispensary Owners. All the proceeds will be in the hands of only a few and Not spread throughout counties within the state.

Maybe it's not a great idea to have a major showing of solidarity in this 11th hour... That is if you just want a precious few to TAKE care of your business.

They sure seem to be. Same people, different initials.

A turd by any other acronym is still a turd.

I won't support any group that wants to limit people's right to grow.

They aren't running around telling stories of old ladies being forced to give their CG a BJ for their meds because they support the caregiver model.

Unless it's another Jamie Lowell representing MACC they're taking about here: http://annarborchronicle.com/2012/04/07/tension-grows-in-medical-marijuana-debate/

If it is, I sincerely apologize.

Not sure I understand your point. Jamie is identified as speaking for MACC, no mention of any other group. The newspaper quote talks about the McQueen case and how well dispensaries are working out in AA. Is there something in there about MACC lobbying for the elimination of patient or caregiver grow rights?

I have met Jamie at virtually every legislative, judicial and activist event I have attended in Michigan. While I can not describe him as a close personal friend, I have found him to consistently speaking out infavor of patient and caregiver rights. Did I miss something in the article?

Not sure I understand your point. Jamie is identified as speaking for MACC, no mention of any other group. The newspaper quote talks about the McQueen case and how well dispensaries are working out in AA. Is there something in there about MACC lobbying for the elimination of patient or caregiver grow rights?

I have met Jamie at virtually every legislative, judicial and activist event I have attended in Michigan. While I can not describe him as a close personal friend, I have found him to consistently speaking out infavor of patient and caregiver rights. Did I miss something in the article?

My point was just that it was the same "Jamie Lowell" representing MMCC in this article. http://www.annarbor.com/news/ypsilanti-to-host-pot-competition/ and this one http://www.pressandguide.com/articles/2010/10/18/news/doc4cb8a9e3a4f37505904295.txt

Edited by nsmn8r

I don't think they are going to pull it off.

It will require work from our side.

In the end, they won't pull it off.