Macc

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see anything in this bill that would limit an individuals' right to grow, I think some may be seeing things that aren't there.

But this isn't the MACC bill, it's the MPP bill, as was pointed out earlier.

It's very close to the same.

I think it clears up the falsity that dispensaries want our overages. They will be growing their own as was obvious to me all along. That's just common sense. See them as they really are, a business that grows and sells. Having said that, they would be in the position to help a lot of patients, just not with their overages.

I don't see anything in this bill that would limit an individuals' right to grow, I think some may be seeing things that aren't there.

But this isn't the MACC bill, it's the MPP bill, as was pointed out earlier.

I read it the same, there is a part that says if grown by the patient or caregiver, course in their words though., :)

It's very close to the same.

I think it clears up the falsity that dispensaries want our overages. They will be growing their own as was obvious to me all along. That's just common sense. See them as they really are, a business that grows and sells. Having said that, they would be in the position to help a lot of patients, just not with their overages.

it does nothing of the sort. Dispensaries will want quality overages from anyone who has them.

"quality" being the operative word there.

it does nothing of the sort. Dispensaries will want quality overages from anyone who has them.

You are a business man, think business. They can make more and run a better business being their own supplier so why wouldn't they if they can(see draft)? Look at the two business models and ask yourself which is better for the business. Also, which has a better chance to appeal to a conservative legislator?

overages that may be a set up right their you can not have over your limit or you are not following the law and if you get caught with to much then what

(i) “Seedling” means a marihuana plant that has no flowers, is less than 12 inches in height, and is less than 12 inches in diameter.

(k) “Usable marihuana” means the completely dried leaves and flowers of the marihuana plant but does not include the seeds, stalks, leaves and roots of the plant. Any cooking mixture or preparation used to prepare marihuana infused ingestible or topical products shall not be included as “usable marihuana” so long as the ingestible or topical product has the amount of actual plant material used in its preparation clearly marked on its packaging.

They can buy it fairly cheap and turn it for a profit.

Maybe. The collective model I was familiar with made a 20% consignment fee, and allowed the grower to name the price on the counter.

Not sure how familiar any of you are with retail, but 20% gross profit isn't much.

Only if those overages are grown in a commercial facility

Doesn't say that anywhere.

Only if those overages are grown in a commercial facility

This is not true of this older version or any subsequent version. The only version that matters is the one that will be introduced in a few days.

I suggest that people review the actual language in the introduced bill before making assumptions or determinations on anything.

In the mean time, take the time and energy spent in this and point it toward the 26% project.

This is not true of this older version or any subsequent version. The only version that matters is the one that will be introduced in a few days.

I suggest that people review the actual language in the introduced bill before making assumptions or determinations on anything.

In the mean time, take the time and energy spent in this and point it toward the 26% project.

So this is not the bill that is going forth now? If that is the case then why are we even discussing this?

You are a business man, think business. They can make more and run a better business being their own supplier so why wouldn't they if they can(see draft)? Look at the two business models and ask yourself which is better for the business. Also, which has a better chance to appeal to a conservative legislator?

Will there be dispensaries that grow all of their own product? Eventually, yes. I think there will also be facilities that grow some of their own, and outsource the rest to patients and caregivers. I think the latter model will dominate in most areas. It would be foolish to rely on a single source, sets you up for all sorts of supply issues if something happens.

As an aside, I don't know what 'conservative' means anymore. It would seem that a 'conservative' would support the idea of a distributed supply network that spread the commerce by allowing small time entrepreneurs to participate.

overages that may be a set up right their you can not have over your limit or you are not following the law and if you get caught with to much then what

Not a setup at all. This bill clearly states that:

(a) Except as provided in this act, a dispensary that has been granted a municipal registration or license, or that is otherwise allowed by municipal law, and the dispensary’s dispensary agents acting on its behalf shall not be subject to criminal penalties under any state law; state or local prosecution; search or inspection, except for inspections authorized by the municipality that registered or allowed the dispensary; seizure; or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau for:

(1) purchasing or receiving marihuana seeds from visiting qualifying patients, registered qualifying patients, registered primary caregivers, or dispensaries;

(2) purchasing or receiving marihuana, including seedlings, from one or more other dispensaries if purchasing or receiving marihuana from the dispensary is allowed by the municipality where the dispensary is located;

(3) purchasing or receiving marihuana from registered qualifying patients and/or registered primary caregivers if purchasing or receiving marihuana from registered qualifying patients and registered primary caregivers is allowed by the municipality where the dispensary is located, and if the amount purchased does not exceed the registered qualifying patient or registered primary caregiver’s possession limits;

You would have to prove to the purchaser that you are allowed to possess the amount you're bringing in. If you cannot, they cannot buy it from you.

So this is not the bill that is going forth now? If that is the case then why are we even discussing this?

Because it the closest thing we have, and it was said by someone who saw their draft that it is a close representation. Maybe MACC could point out the differences if their are many?

I already sent 40 some snail mails

How about you?

Sorry I am not an attorney but seems to me this whole thing is a lot like Colorado

Where a few people own all the dispensary rights and allow franchises accordingly

I already sent 40 some snail mails

How about you?

Sorry I am not an attorney but seems to me this whole thing is a lot like Colorado

Where a few people own all the dispensary rights and allow franchises accordingly

You are entitled to your own opinion, but the language in this old MPP bill doesn't support your statements.

To be able to grow the dispensaries have a lot of strict rules to adhere by. It would seem they couldn't actually follow all those rules and produce enough to keep it stocked by themselves unless they had a large cash flow to begin with. The start up cost on this would be huge.

Because you know who posted it over at the other site and so and so re-posted it here.

:drinking-coffee:

You left out the part about the credible person having seen the 'more up to date' draft and saying this is very close. It's where they were a while back and have made some small changes I hear.

Archived