Macc

they want all the money. duh... just watch. corporate farm with a gov. deal. outlawing homegrown would be great for them the same way it would be great for organized crime. and after they get the deal the drug companies will pay them off to make sure it doesn't heal anything and won't pass med. trials.

It would be extremely unwise to adopt large, corporate grows. That invites federal attention.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

really/ cause that's what I did before I got legal. and if they outlaw it again. then I will be an outlaw. and I put patients first over anything now that we have been given the cure for cancer. so they'll want to ban me too. cause we all have to have the same views or something.

am glad you did and keep up the good work

i think it's because you have not gotten caught yet and am also glad of that because after you do get caught(i hope it does not ever happen) you won't ever do it again like me

It would be extremely unwise to adopt large, corporate grows. That invites federal attention.

it won't be long before it goes national. big brother want's his taxes. they get the deal they can start out in a less conspicuous way and grow to join others like them when we get med approved for more and more states. it will grow like a plant. let's not plant the seed. and dispenseries please that's what started the new problems. them prices, they do it again and we will complain again. they charge $400-$600 an oz. that's more than on the street. and short of regulating prices (which nobody wanted)their going to get rich off the sick and dying just like the evil drug companies. yes I was one of those who complained about the legal patients paying black market prices.

am glad you did and keep up the good work

i think it's because you have not gotten caught yet and am also glad of that because after you do get caught(i hope it does not ever happen) you won't ever do it again like me

when I was young there was this guy called hippie joe he had a plane called seed bomb and he had NORMAL stickers on everything except were the Eco-flags were. what an influence. but now they made me legal and that's a little better on the stress.

when I was young there was this guy called hippie joe he had a plane called seed bomb and he had NORMAL stickers on everything except were the Eco-flags were. what an influence. but now they made me legal and that's a little better on the stress.

LOL

who made you legal? we thought that too long ago

LOL

who made you legal? we thought that too long ago until we got raided i kept saying that very thing to leo and it didn't help

Perfectly reasonable explanation if you ask me.

Maybe not couched in the most diplomatic way, but some people tend to bring that out in other posters here...

I asked nicely and said please, very diplomatically. That is a nasty and personal wet blanket to throw on someone. Totally uncalled for and unproductive in the conversation. Please refrain from these type of cut downs in the future or you simply poison the well. Thanks in advance.

I asked nicely and said please, very diplomatically. That is a nasty and personal wet blanket to throw on someone. Totally uncalled for and unproductive in the conversation. Please refrain from these type of cut downs in the future or you simply poison the well. Thanks in advance.

Oh, come off it. You've been mischaracterizing and re-interpreting what the MACC folks have said since the beginning.

You can't blame them for reacting negatively, given your accusatory tone.

Oh, come off it. You've been mischaracterizing and re-interpreting what the MACC folks have said since the beginning.

You can't blame them for reacting negatively, given your accusatory tone.

I don't see it that way at all. But you can blame me for what other's say. That's cool. At least we are looking at some language now, rather than not even knowing who's writing what. Last I heard Joe said CPU was writing language for dispensaries. Image that, it was just the other day he wrote that. We are so much better informed now. Thanks to free speech and few honest questions. Hopefully, we can continue to learn together.

I work at a compassion center and I know most of the samples we receive, we don't even ask for. People just want an opportunity to get rid of some of their "unused meds". Some of the samples we do, sample ourselves. Sometimes we give the samples we receive back to patients we know are short on cash, and request that they tell us how well it worked for them.

From the perspective of the compassion centers, I don't see how they would be able to operate without the caregiver model. If they tried to grow all of the medicine themselves, that would result in grow facilities that would raise the red flag for the Feds. Anything over 99 plants under one roof is a huge no no. By keeping the caregiver system intact it makes it EXTREMELY difficult for the federal government to shut down the program. And that keeps supplies coming into our facilities. As far as wanting to stop patients from growing for themselves, that couldn't be farther from the truth, at least where I work. We're constantly trying to get people to grow for themselves.

On the subject of California or Colorado meds being sold, yes, we used to back when we first opened up. But Michigan wasn't producing enough medicinal quality medication to satisfy people's medicinal needs. But, for months now, if not over a year, we have not had out of state medication in our facility. In fact, we've been sending some of it out for testing to provide to our patients results of not only THC levels, but also CBD, CBN, mold and pesticide levels.

What about chemical fertilizers? Please don't maintain there wasn't enough MI meds, so we HAD to distribute Cali meds. BULL making whoopee bunny muffin!

I was on the state's site for buying business licensing and noticed I can purchase a permit to study class 1 drugs. wow talk about drawing attention. now if they'll sell me a medical license I could grow large quanity, hire a crew, and cure half the cancer in the state. right?

It is possible to run a dispensary that the Feds won't be interested in. I do not think the same can ever be said of a commercial grow.

Hmm, is that really true?

US Attorney Explains His Stance On Pot Dispensaries‏

Newshawk: Herb

Pubdate: Fri, 06 Apr 2012

Source: Call, The (Woonsocket, RI)

Copyright: 2012 The Call.

Details: http://www.mapinc.org/media/2394

Author: Jim Baron

U.S. ATTORNEY EXPLAINS HIS STANCE ON POT DISPENSARIES

WOONSOCKET -- Sometimes painted as the Molly Hatchet of the Rhode

Island medical marijuana movement, putting the axe to the state's

three proposed compassion centers before they had a chance to open,

U.S. Attorney Peter Neronha says he just wants to make sure everyone

knows where his office stands on the issue so there will be "no

surprises" when, and if, a dispensary opens up.

Gov. Lincoln Chafee put the licensing of three compassion centers that

had gone through two lengthy Department of Health application

processes on hold after receiving a letter from Neronha saying the

centers could be subject to raids and their employees subject to

prosecution.

Now lawmakers, working with Chafee, have reworked compassion center

legislation but Neronha said nobody has discussed the proposed measure

with him. He is making no promises about the acceptability of the new

plan.

"We don't have an issue with individuals who are sick, cancer patients

who are really truly sick, and we don't have an issue with their

individual caregivers," Neronha explained on a recent visit to The

Call office. "What the department does take issue with are commercial,

large-scale marijuana enterprises and certainly the three dispensaries

proposed in Rhode Island were, in my view, large-scale, commercial,

for-profit enterprises. Nothing in this legislation has changed." <--Obama Position

Citing the applications made by owners of one of the proposed

facilities, the Summit Medical Compassion Center in Warwick, it would

start by employing 45 people and that by its third year of operation

it expected to have 80 people on staff plus 12 security guards.

Although the operation would be required to be non-profit, it expected

to lose $844,000 in the first year but by the second year would take

in $13 million, $7.8 million of that above expenses. There were even

rosier projections for the third year: $23.4 in revenue, $16.5 beyond

what its owners expected to spend.

By the third year, the developers anticipated having about 8,000

patients under their care, which, under the law, would have allowed

them to grow 96,000 marijuana plants.

"I can not ignore a 96,000 plant facility," Neronha said. "That's not

a small, individual, non-profit grow. That is an industrial grow facility.

"The issue for us is not if it is legal or illegal, it is clearly

illegal under federal law," he said. "The question is, how should we

use our federal resources? We're not going to use them on the ill

patient who has cancer and believes that this is helping. But we are

definitely going to use them on 96,000-plant grows. Things of this

magnitude can not go unnoticed."

Neronha likened it to a police officer who sees a car go by at 65 or

70 m.p.h. when the speed limit is 55, and might let it go. But when

the next car goes by at 105 m.p.h., "the lights are going to go on and

it is going to get pulled over."

So how much marijuana is too much for a U.S. Attorney to

abide?

Neronha won't say.

"You are asking me to say, for something that is illegal, how illegal

does it have to be. I'm not comfortable answering that question," was

his answer. "While I understand the question, and I understand why

people want to know, I can't answer the question."

The problem is, medical marijuana patients make the point that they

are using the drug as medicine and therefore need a reliable,

year-long supply. If a patient must rely on an individual caregiver to

supply his or her medicine and that person is hit with an extended

power outage or some other problem, such as insects, that can ruin an

entire crop, the patient may be forced to go several months without

medicine. That is one of the reasons that the patients championed the

compassion center concept.

But Neronha balked at the idea of helping craft acceptable

legislation.

"Last year, looking at it objectively and fairly, my position probably

caught some people unawares," he acknowledged. "I'm not sure why it

did, but I can see why it might have.

"What concerns me this time around is that when I read in the press

that there has been a compromise, I'm not a party to that compromise.

Nobody reached out to me and asked me. I'm certainly not going to go

up and testify about state legislation. Department policy doesn't

allow me to do it and it is not something I am going to do. Certainly,

if someone were to ask me specifically what my thoughts are, I would

tell them. But it is really not the job of a federal prosecutor to

weigh in on state policy except to remind people of what federal law

is and what the options are. I want to make sure going into this

process that there isn't any confusion to what our position is. I just

don't want anybody to be surprised if we take action should these

things open."

Neronha suggested that the presence of medical marijuana dispensaries

tend to greatly increase the number of patients who find a need for

them. He cited Montana as an example, saying its population of right

around 1 million people is similar to Rhode Island's. When

dispensaries opened in that state, he said, the number of medical

marijuana cardholders exploded from 3,000 to 30,000. The Montana

legislature eventually repealed the dispensary law.

Pointing to a statistic that there are 42 medical marijuana

cardholders for every 100,000 Rhode Islanders without the compassion

centers while Maine, which does have the facilities operating has only

20 cardholders per 100,000 -- that tells me there is an appetite for

marijuana that does not exist in Maine."

"Once the cork is out of the bottle, it is very hard to put it back

in," Neronha said. "That is my concern; that it is going to be very

hard to undo the damage once it happens. And I have to tell you, if

there is damage, it won't be damage that the federal government will

be dealing with.

"If there is an explosion of marijuana use as a result of these

dispensaries, which I think there is every indication that there will

be, by that I mean improper use of it -- people driving under the

influence of marijuana, the marijuana found in schools, the marijuana

being used by people who shouldn't be using it, those are not going to

be federal enforcement problems, those are going to be state and local

problems. I feel it is important with respect to these dispensaries

that we make our views clear in advance to what the possibilities are.

We'll have to wait and see if they do open as to what our response

will be."

Distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in

receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

---

MAP posted-by: Matt

It is possible to run a dispensary that the Feds won't be interested in. I do not think the same can ever be said of a commercial grow.

Can you please elaborate, and be specific, because I just don't see how it's legal on a federal level? I'm perplexed trying to see what you're seeing.

Over 99 plants is almost a guarantee of fed involvement. Any of these grow centers will have over 99 plants. That is the point people are trying to make.

I completely agree but what grow centers are you talking about? How could a caregiver ever have more than 72 plants?

I completely agree but what grow centers are you talking about? How could a caregiver ever have more than 72 plants?

The grow centers are in 'The Language' posted here.

What does it say about this in the newest dispensary language? How many plants can your model commercial grow facility grow?

The grow centers are in 'The Language' posted here.

What does it say about this in the newest dispensary language? How many plants can your model commercial grow facility grow?

My understanding is that its just affirming that a caregiver can use a space other than their home if they choose to. Not that anyone gets any extra plants. Dispensarys cant grow, only caregivers and patients can. There have been situations where caregivers were raided and told they were only allowed to grow at home. The laungage is only meant to confirm that a caregiver can rent space other than in their home but it doesnt change the existing law or give anyone any extra plants. And again the dispensarys cant grow.

My understanding is that its just affirming that a caregiver can use a space other than their home if they choose to. Not that anyone gets any extra plants. Dispensarys cant grow, only caregivers and patients can. There have been situations where caregivers were raided and told they were only allowed to grow at home. The laungage is only meant to confirm that a caregiver can rent space other than in their home but it doesnt change the existing law or give anyone any extra plants. And again the dispensarys cant grow.

Thanks.

All of that will need to be included in the language then. That's why Horn said on tape that they would need to write a book to make a law that covers everything. The book will be very interesting when it comes out. In my opinion, MPP wrote that language very vague so that it can be 'interpreted' later. That's where we run into trouble.

Really glad to see your input since you and is it Jamie? are the only ones that actually are privy to what is in the bill or the language of it. Does this mean that caregivers and patients who have no caregivers, both, can sell to the dispensaries?

Really glad to see your input since you and is it Jamie? are the only ones that actually are privy to what is in the bill or the language of it. Does this mean that caregivers and patients who have no caregivers, both, can sell to the dispensaries?

The Reps are still in the drafting proccess so I really and truely do not have all the details until they release their work. Also it not just me and Jaime, there are many many people involved in this proccess. Also we really dont have that much control, of coarse we are offering our opinion of how to best accomplish their goal without destroying the act but in the end they will write what they want to. Did you get my PM? I did send you my phone number and I would be happy to speak with you or any of you about this proccess and our intentions in greater detail on the phone. Anyone who wants to talk about this can PM me and I will get you my phone number.

Archived