Macc

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My point was just that it was the same "Jamie Lowell" representing MMCC in this article. http://www.annarbor.com/news/ypsilanti-to-host-pot-competition/ and this one http://www.pressandguide.com/articles/2010/10/18/news/doc4cb8a9e3a4f37505904295.txt

I don't believe that I show up in that article, anywhere. However, it was one the causes that led to some significant changes in our organization. It is about the time that I became more personally involved and active in the movement. This was also around the time as some major personell changes. We moved away from the Chamber concept, not long after, as well.

This article was a significant source of controversy at the time. Other than its historical significance, it really has no current relevance.

Anybody that was around during the whole cup deal back then should also remember that Jamie was the one that stepped up and rode into the shitstorm we thru at him. He answered for it and did his best to make it right. What more do you want him to do, what have you done?

Any caregiver that thinks the dispenencerys will give them options for overages at a fair price are sadly mistaken. For one they will flood the market with out of state product and some will want you to leave samples and never call you back. What did they do with all those free samples? Laughed all the way to the bank.

To say that you have "overages" is admitting that you broke that law, as overages are not allowed within the MMA. It's an easy problem to fix, just use the term "unused medicine" instead.

Sometimes I can be a cunning linquist.

Anybody that was around during the whole cup deal back then should also remember that Jamie was the one that stepped up and rode into the shitstorm we thru at him. He answered for it and did his best to make it right. What more do you want him to do, what have you done?

I don't really want him to do anything. I give him credit for having the sack to step up and take the heat for his organization back then instead of ignoring it like his partners did. I'm not attacking his character, just his ideas that we need more regulations on growers.

All I'm saying is that MACC appears to be the same crew as MMCC. And MMCC was openly against the current caregiver model.

Am I wrong?

"However, it is my belief that if it came down to it, they would throw CGs under the bus to get what they wanted if it was the only way for them to realize their objectives."

Absolutely NOT true.

how many patients were/are purchasing Cali and Colorado "pot" from these places? they have already shown they turned their backs on patients and caregivers . isn't this purchasing from the black market? :unsure:

Show us the dispensary language. There is no valid excuse not too. You show it to the legislature. You pass it out amongst your friends and tell them NOT to show us. Why is it so hard to be on the up and up? Quit treating us like mushrooms or forget about any support from patients. Show us the language or continue to be the group that patients look at with distaste. You may have done things in the past to be forgiven for, but the backroom stuff need to stop if you want any real forgiveness.

Show us the dispensary language. There is no valid excuse not too. You show it to the legislature. You pass it out amongst your friends and tell them NOT to show us. Why is it so hard to be on the up and up? Quit treating us like mushrooms or forget about any support from patients. Show us the language or continue to be the group that patients look at with distaste. You may have done things in the past to be forgiven for, but the backroom stuff need to stop if you want any real forgiveness.

If you have determined that these people are untrustworthy, then write your own to submit. That way you know every word before it is even written down.

As for myself, I'm happy to not bother with laws that aren't even written yet.

And that is your choice to be in the dark. Some of us would rather keep these things in the bright light of day for all Michigan patients to see. Can you blame us for that? Does anyone have a valid reason the language should be secret? We are reasonable and would understand a reasonable explanation.

And that is your choice to be in the dark. Some of us would rather keep these things in the bright light of day for all Michigan patients to see. Can you blame us for that? Does anyone have a valid reason the language should be secret? We are reasonable and would understand a reasonable explanation.

Is it customary for proposed laws to be released before they reach the relevant committee?

Is it customary for proposed laws to be released before they reach the relevant committee?

Customary? I don't know if other groups are kept in the dark until the whip comes down. If they are they shouldn't be (IMO). I don't think that others being kept in the dark is a valid reason for us to be included, do you? Have you seen it yet? You seem to be very close to the dispensary people. They show CPU, did they show you?

Customary? I don't know if other groups are kept in the dark until the whip comes down. If they are they shouldn't be (IMO). I don't think that others being kept in the dark is a valid reason for us to be included, do you? Have you seen it yet? You seem to be very close to the dispensary people. They show CPU, did they show you?

Ah, well, things aren't always what they seem. I have had a total of one dispensary (now closed) as a customer and I am not acquainted with more than a handful more. Most of my clients are caregivers with full rosters, as we don't have many dispensaries up here. Those that are semi-open don't really care about testing, sadly.

I have not seen the bill, but I'm eager to do so. However, I won't berate the authors of it into releasing it before they feel confident in doing so. It makes sense to just let it out the same day it's ready to be submitted to the legislature for a few obvious reasons.

No berating BY ME here either. I just want a valid reason for the secrecy about something that effects all of us patients. For this question to go unanswered... I believe some people berate themselves.

So you are saying the reason is that 'it's not ready' yet? Is that the obvious thing you are referring to? Or is there some other obvious reason I'm missing? You say there are a few obvious reasons. What are they? To guess what they are... well... there might be some obvious reasons that one would jump to that would be considered berating. That's why I want the real reason right out of the horses mouth. Just lay it right out there and be done with it. Tell us exactly why you can't post what you have come up with to effect our lives, or simply post the language.

No berating BY ME here either. I just want a valid reason for the secrecy about something that effects all of us patients. For this question to go unanswered... I believe some people berate themselves.

So you are saying the reason is that 'it's not ready' yet? Is that the obvious thing you are referring to? Or is there some other obvious reason I'm missing? You say there are a few obvious reasons. What are they? To guess what they are... well... there might be some obvious reasons that one would jump to that would be considered berating. That's why I want the real reason right out of the horses mouth. Just lay it right out there and be done with it. Tell us exactly why you can't post what you have come up with to effect our lives, or simply post the language.

It very well could be revised and tweaked until the last possible moment, so the 'final draft' is what we should be seeing.

I have no inside knowledge, just gleaning what I can from what others have said. I do agree that we have a right to see the bill in the same form as it will be submitted to the legislature.

Perhaps there are people that aren't comfortable supporting it's current form .. a work in process.

That would be speculation. Why doesn't the boss that frequently flies through here do some answering? Not enough unity in MACC to even say anything(more speculation)?

Sorry it took me so long to respond to this thread, its been a very busy day. Im not sure if your refering to me as "the boss" lol but I will try to answer your questions. Of coarse Im not asking you to believe me, our actions will speak for our intentions. MACC was formed after the Oakland CO raids and consists of both Center owners and caregivers. I am not a center owner but I am a caregiver. MACC believes that above all else the caregiver/patient system must be protectedand remain in tact. Yes as we all know there are several Reps working on dispensary legislation. I believe some will be very bad and am hoping at least one will be fair and positive. At this point we have given input and advice as to how dispensarys could be implemented without amending the act or interfering with the caregiver system. There of coarse are individuals pushing for a Colorado Model, Massive Grows, Pharmacy Model, ect., and we do not support any of those things as they would interfere with the caregiver system. I am really hoping that one of these bills will be a positive thing but of coarse until it is finnished being drafted and introduced I cant say for sure whether or not we will support it. I will say that as soon as any of these bills are introduced I will post them here immedeatley. As far as "secrets" could you be more specific as to what you mean by that? I am not sure what "secrets" you are refering to. Also I would like to encourage all of you to participate in the political proccess, we all have that right.

Archived