Macc

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last Minute Intro for dispensary bill will not suffice. That is Unacceptable! This pertains to all of us.

Everyone needs to see a draft ASAP...

OK .. exactly which draft of what by whom are you requesting?

And how do you propose we find and capture these files from desks, servers etc for your viewing pleasure?

Will you change the text?

The Reps are still in the drafting proccess so I really and truely do not have all the details until they release their work. Also it not just me and Jaime, there are many many people involved in this proccess. Also we really dont have that much control, of coarse we are offering our opinion of how to best accomplish their goal without destroying the act but in the end they will write what they want to. Did you get my PM? I did send you my phone number and I would be happy to speak with you or any of you about this proccess and our intentions in greater detail on the phone. Anyone who wants to talk about this can PM me and I will get you my phone number.

My apologies I am not up to that right now, my minds reaction time is slow off and on which makes it hard to communicate over the phone, it might be these darn weather changes. When I said that about you and Jamie guess I should have stated that differently I had meant here at MMMA and I could be wrong about that too!

When I listened to all those people speak and tell their stories I thought how can anyone not listen to that and not have heart enough to keep those bills from passing. I thought for sure that compassion would rule. I am getting the feeling anymore that no matter what we say or do they will do with the law whatever they would like to.

So are you saying that we will be forced to pay to grow in a secured enclosed facility provided by others?

Well in my opinion the state does not want anybody to grow in their basement

i know about 2 years or more we were inn Lansing and at that time their were bills coming up to only allow 10 grows for the whole State it did not pass because we went down their and told them why it would not work

So are you saying that we will be forced to pay to grow in a secured enclosed facility provided by others?

That will be the end of my garden I'm barely squeaking by as it is if i have to fork over money to use someone Else's private space ill be forced to buy it from others who are well off enough to afford this nonsense at an inflated rate . :notfair:

That will be the end of my garden I'm barely squeaking by as it is if i have to fork over money to use someone Else's private space ill be forced to buy it from others who are well off enough to afford this nonsense at an inflated rate . :notfair:

to use someone Else's private space imo i do not think that will ever happen because they would not want people to come in to a building and bring inn things like bug's

So they are ok with patients growing in their homes what about the all felons being excluded from being a caregiver whats the final wording on that is that bill still on the table? :mellow:

[/quot

Who do you mean by "they"? There will always be some officials who are against every single aspect of the law. That doesnt mean they will get what they want. 75% is a tall order. Yes the felon bill is still out there, its been changed to "violent offenders". THat doesnt mean it will happen. Taking away the growing rights, in my opinion will definately never happen. Unless Schuette is elected as Govornor and finds a way to write an executive order LOL

Just because i am not sure, i believe this refers to the dispensary bill, but in the current bill being considered, HB 4851, they use the term "Assaultive Crimes" which i made a list up of so people knew what was being proposed.

I have a sneaky feeling they will move to "Assaultive" in the dispensary bill as well. Plus drug felons of course.... Buggers. I personally fight for a Sunset Clause of ten years or at minimum allowing family members to caregive for direct family regardless of crime.

He is the list of Assaultive crimes:

http://www.filedump.net/dumped/assaultivecrimes1333501960.pdf

If I were a betting man, I would lay money on the issue, if your a brick and mortar in the retail cannabis industry, state authorized or not, your a target for any Federal Agency that feels the need.

On any level, the Feds have time and time again, set focus on anyone trying to legitimize cannabis on any level. they want to keep it in the back alleys, and black market type deals, as that is the only way they can continue to legitimize their blatant attacks across the board.

Only until the rest of the industrial complex (government and corporate cronies) will cannabis be legal, and even then, it wont be legal for us to grow.

Watch and See.

Providing we make it thru this battle without too much blood loss I think the felony sunset (while eternally unpopular) with both sides of the isle is something that they readily admit is not unreasonable. That one could also be amended under administrative rules. A friendlier AG would go a long way on this one..

Just because i am not sure, i believe this refers to the dispensary bill, but in the current bill being considered, HB 4851, they use the term "Assaultive Crimes" which i made a list up of so people knew what was being proposed.

I have a sneaky feeling they will move to "Assaultive" in the dispensary bill as well. Plus drug felons of course.... Buggers. I personally fight for a Sunset Clause of ten years or at minimum allowing family members to caregive for direct family regardless of crime.

He is the list of Assaultive crimes:

http://www.filedump....s1333501960.pdf

Thats even broader than I thought! I like the ten year clause idea.

we argued the felony sunset ad nauseum at every meeting for the last year plus. As Malamute knows, it got little traction. And it was the right policy to sunset the felony, in this case especially. But the attitude was that felons are low hanging fruit not worthy of such rehabilitation. Now I do not agree with this, bug it is what it is, eh?

(3) As used in this section, “assaultive crime” means an offense against a person described in section 81c(3), 82, 83, 84, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90a, 90b(a) or (b), 91, 200 to 212a, 316, 317, 321, 349, 349a, 350, 397, 411h(2)(b) or (3), 411i, 520b, 520c, 520d, 520e, 520g, 529, 529a, 530, or 543a to 543z of the Michigan penal code, 1931 PA 328, MCL 750.81c, 750.82, 750.83, 750.84, 750.86, 750.87, 750.88, 750.89, 750.90a, 750.90b, 750.91, 750.200 to 750.212a, 750.316, 750.317, 750.321, 750.349, 750.349a, 750.350, 750.397, 750.411h, 750.411i, 750.520b, 750.520c, 750.520d, 750.520e, 750.520g, 750.529, 750.529a, 750.530, and 750.543a to 750.543z.

I guess i could be looking atthe wrong list... *shrug*

What about chemical fertilizers? Please don't maintain there wasn't enough MI meds, so we HAD to distribute Cali meds. BULL making whoopee bunny muffin!

Yes, it picks up everything in the testing. Here's a small example. We had a caregiver come in and have a couple strains tested. This caregiver grows single strains in separate rooms. On 2 of the strains that he brought in, the tester asked him if they used fly strips in the room. After thinking about it for a minute the caregiver couldn't believe that he was able to see which rooms he had hung fly strips in to catch a small gnat problem he caught early on. Just goes to show, this was something that never touched the plant and yet was able to be detected by the testing for mearly being in the room.

I never said there wasn't enough MI meds. There was plenty, just most of it was not even near the quality it is now a days in MI. When patients were looking for serious help to alleviate their conditions, the growers who were bringing in their "unused meds" just weren't able to help patients as well as some of the more experienced out of state growers. The one's who did have the experience, wanted so much for their time that patients wouldn't be able to afford it.

Archived