No Driving Allowed For Medical Marijuana Patients.

(4) Operate, navigate, or be in actual physical control of any motor vehicle, aircraft, or motorboat while under the influence of marihuana.

"simply avoid driving for about 2-7 days after the last time you medicated."

We are, by MMJ law, allowed to have THC in our systems. We are not allowed to drive WHILE UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF MMJ. That SHOULD mean we can drive, with THC in our systems, as long as we are not impaired..... with the proof of impairment falling on the arresting officer, at the traffic stop....... just like that other legal DRUG, alcohol. I was charged with the Zero Tolerance OWPD Law a year ago, a 93 day Misdemeanor, and it was plead down to a civil driving ticket, as they couldn't prove impairment, as I hadn't Medicated in 18 hours.....and the results of the blood test never came back.

I was released after a road side test by 3 cops the one cop in charge after pulling his weapon and putting it to the head of a disabled vet decided to let me drive and will submit a report to the PA. now i must wait and call and see if the will arrest me.

this is no way to treat a cancer surivor and a man that served your country

I was released after a road side test by 3 cops the one cop in charge after pulling his weapon and putting it to the head of a disabled vet decided to let me drive and will submit a report to the PA. now i must wait and call and see if the will arrest me.

this is no way to treat a cancer surivor and a man that served your country

Obviously there are not enogh details for people to comprehend exactly what happened . There should be video of a traffic stop . We are sick and disruptions to our daily routines can cause harm . We are all under terrible stress as patients and also due to criminality and ridicule when we need support with reasonable flexibillity to participate in this program and society . These attempts to isolate program participants unlike those on other medications are very harmful . This tough love with substance abuse theory is a terrible policy and cruel to use on patients whom often are refused care for medication problems and forced to continue on with little practical support . I have seen case over case where health professionals are blaming substance abuse for what society can simply not solve medically in current times .

As God is my witness I have known people who asked for help with medication issues politely and resonabley only to be refused , treated horrendously , and in some instances where treatment was given were harmed mentally , physically and financially by our health care system . Some people have died in treatment and our jail system and I refuse to believe it is necessary . If they let you drive away your surely not going to be charged with a DUID . If you had a card and were within your limits you should be fine . Orginally we were supposed to have compassion clubs where law enforcement participated and recreation along with exchanges of information about treatments would be avialble to patients and their families . It is sad how individuals have divided themselves and how negatively well meaning law has effected ithis community due to those who cannot tolerate eachothers differences and or abuse criminality as a evil tool to lash out at those with different moral compasses . This is a herbal treatment no more no less . Hopefully all will be fine if they took no evidence and let you drive away it sounds like you have little to fear . You are in our prayers . It is a election year right now I know things will improve soon as the election passes and people reflect on what patients are going through daily . Somehow the effect of criminality needs to be removed from the patient equation and true legal access needs to be supported for all aspects of medical use . Patients should not feel like recreation is something they can't do when medicated also . We all need recreation infact every single fraternal orginization including the Fraternal Order of the Police recognize that .

When your able to rest maybe you can share more precisely what occurred . IMy own understanding is there is no standard to apply to all patients that actually defines impairment and it is very disruptive and harmful to force patients to just stagnate in their homes .....especially harmed are those who live alone and due to disabillity cannot use public forms of transportation at will .

Edited by Croppled1

croppled1

thanks for your support has this affected my ability to secure and travel to work and recreational activities YES

WILL THEY TRY TO SWAT MY HOUSE =MAYBEE

WILL THEY NEXT TRY TO TAKE AWAY MY HUNTING RIGHTS =PROBABLY

WILL THEY TRY TO TAKE AWAY MY GATHERING RIGHTS AS A NATIVE AMERICAN A MICH NATIVE = PROBABLY

WILL THEY TRY TO KEEP ALL OF US FROM HAVING GUNS = PROBABLY

WILL THEY TRY TO KEEP US FROM DRIVING = YES

WILL THE BUILDERS BOARD TRY TO STOP MY BUILDERS LICENCE = MAYBEE

WILL THEY TRY TO KEEP PEOPLE FROM FREEDOM OF SPEECH = YES

WILL I ADVOCIATE TO PROTECT OUR RIGHTS =YES

WILL MY HERRITAGE AS A TRUE NATIVE AMERICAN FROM MICHIGAN ONCE AGAIN BE STRIPPED FROM MY REGLIOUS BELIEF MY RIGHT TO HUNT/GATHER/PRATICE REGLIOUS CEREMONY/AND DO THIS IN THE STATE THAT MY PEOPLE GAVE TO MICHIGAN TO HOLD IN TRUST BY THE GOVERMENT = MAYBEE

ARE WE A FEDERAL TRIBE= NO

ARE WE A STATE TRIBE= YES

WILL I PLAY THE INDIAN CARD= MAYBEE

WILL THE GOVERMENT SAY ONCE AGAIN THAT MY PEOPLE HAVE NO RIGHTS EVENTHOUGH WE SIGNED A TREATY = PROBABLY

AT WHAT POINT WILL THIS STOP

I HAVE ADVOCATED FOR INDIANS, BLACKS AND ALL BROTHERS OF COLOR

ARE WE A MINORITY HERE IN HEMP WORLD = YES

CAN WE WIN THIS FIGHT SO I CAN FREELY MOVE ABOUT MY LANDS DO THE THINGS WE AS NATIVES ARE SUPPOSED TO DO= I PRAY SO.

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT

HEMP4LIFE

Obviously there are not enogh details for people to comprehend exactly what happened . There should be video of a traffic stop . We are sick and disruptions to our daily routines can cause harm . We are all under terrible stress as patients and also due to criminality and ridicule when we need support with reasonable flexibillity to participate in this program and society . These attempts to isolate program participants unlike those on other medications are very harmful . This tough love with substance abuse theory is a terrible policy and cruel to use on patients whom often are refused care for medication problems and forced to continue on with little practical support . I have seen case over case where health professionals are blaming substance abuse for what society can simply not solve medically in current times .

As God is my witness I have known people who asked for help with medication issues politely and resonabley only to be refused , treated horrendously , and in some instances where treatment was given were harmed mentally , physically and financially by our health care system . Some people have died in treatment and our jail system and I refuse to believe it is necessary . If they let you drive away your surely not going to be charged with a DUID . If you had a card and were within your limits you should be fine . Orginally we were supposed to have compassion clubs where law enforcement participated and recreation along with exchanges of information about treatments would be avialble to patients and their families . It is sad how individuals have divided themselves and how negatively well meaning law has effected ithis community due to those who cannot tolerate eachothers differences and or abuse criminality as a evil tool to lash out at those with different moral compasses . This is a herbal treatment no more no less . Hopefully all will be fine if they took no evidence and let you drive away it sounds like you have little to fear . You are in our prayers . It is a election year right now I know things will improve soon as the election passes and people reflect on what patients are going through daily . Somehow the effect of criminality needs to be removed from the patient equation and true legal access needs to be supported for all aspects of medical use . Patients should not feel like recreation is something they can't do when medicated also . We all need recreation infact every single fraternal orginization including the Fraternal Order of the Police recognize that .

When your able to rest maybe you can share more precisely what occurred . IMy own understanding is there is no standard to apply to all patients that actually defines impairment and it is very disruptive and harmful to force patients to just stagnate in their homes .....especially harmed are those who live alone and due to disabillity cannot use public forms of transportation at will .

WANTED TO POST HERE SEE COMMENTS BELOW

THANKS HEMP4LIFE

croppled1

who can i go to for help with my case it maybe a possesion charge all the way upto a trafficing fellony and a

can you send me some links for the laws and help me get in touch with council for natives and for kanagroo court system if i need to build a defense for my reglious rights as a native i will.

hemp4life

dont know who you are but i hope you are committed to helping people whos life depends on hemp

maybe i shoul loosen up a bit but the cops are really getting me stressed out it seems like just after i filled out the application they targetted me

so is it trully confidential this sign up for a card bullsh##

WANTED TO POST HERE SEE COMMENTS BELOW

THANKS HEMP4LIFE

its funny that you mentioned the faterinal order of police, i got a call afew days after the traffic stop and they were asking for a donation for the FOOP dance in i said i was unable to go. in fear of getting busted was really the reason but i then asked for a sticker to put on my car he said ok i did donate 20.00 why i dont know.

but here is what i found out on a defense http://www.njweedman.com/religious_defense.htm

let me know what you think

Texting at the wheel is considered far more dangerous than driving drunk. Driving "stoned" is considered safer than driving at the legal BAL of .08.

Driving "stoned" is now a potential felony and years in prison, texting at the wheel was recently made a $100 ticket with no points off your license.

dont know who you are but i hope you are committed to helping people whos life depends on hemp

maybe i shoul loosen up a bit but the cops are really getting me stressed out it seems like just after i filled out the application they targetted me

so is it trully confidential this sign up for a card bullsh##

If the cops are getting you stressed then maybe you need to stop doing the things that make you keep getting in close proximity to the cops.

Or, medicate more.

Or, watch more Spoony Luv videos and chill

Nichols' Law Office provides the following gem:

...the ability of the Michigan State Police lab to detect THC at lower levels means that you still have hope if you are arrested for driving even if you are charged with having “any amount” of THC in your system and the MSP lab analysis claims that THC was found in your blood. Nichols, author of the manual by Thomson West on drunk/drugged driving for Michigan lawyers, adds: “the key is to not admit that you medicated. If the officer claims he smells marijuana that does not prove there is THC in your system. Remember, THC is the schedule 1 drug that is the strictly illegal compound in your system while driving. There is nothing wrong with saying: my medical conditions are private.”

Nichols points out that the leadership at the Lansing lab is fighting against modern scientific requirements to properly analyze and report uncertainty and the probability of a false positive in a test. “The lab supervisor literally testified that there was zero chance of a false positive in a case recently,” Nichols said. “He went on to testify in response to my questions that the basis for that claim is that his data is ‘nice’ – that is not a scientific statement.”

A medical marijuana patient who wants to operate a motor vehicle will be unable to reliably determine if they have THC in their system. “The Michigan Court of Appeals has put Michigan Medical Marihuana patients in between a rock and a hard place; they are forcing sick patients to choose between treating their serious medical condition and operating a motor vehicle” says attorney Joshua Covert. Covert added: “my passion and the focus of my practice is on protecting medical marijuana patients from unjust and erroneous interpretation and enforcement of the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act.”

Edited by GregS

Texting at the wheel is considered far more dangerous than driving drunk. Driving "stoned" is considered safer than driving at the legal BAL of .08.

By who?

Anyone with any sense at all... drunks are at least looking at the road, and cannabis doesn't really affect motor coordination like alcohol.

http://www.cnbc.com/...ing_and_Driving

http://abcnews.go.co...-driving-drunk/

Take 100 random drivers I'll lay odds that 30% or better would show impairment of some kind w/out having anything in there system. A lot bad drivers out there. I would like to see results of mm in a dexterity test.

Yeah, exactly. If they were actually serious about cutting traffic fatalities they would go after poorly performing drivers, not just ones with an arbitrary chemical in their system who are functional, while ignoring some sober guy swerving over the sidewalk from texting with his left hand, making meth with his right hand, and steering with his buttcheeks (he's looking for a potato chip he dropped in the seat).

Edited by purklize

From a comment on an article: http://www.livingsto...na-law-up-smoke

Here is a graph which indicates that the presence of certain amounts of cannabis in your body actually appears to REDUCE the risk of being involved in an accident:

http://img269.images...picture9iqg.png

Reference: http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/17916224

* Fact: When combined 2002 to 2005 data are compared with combined 2006 to 2009 data, the United States as a whole experienced a statistically significant reduction in the rate of past year drugged driving (from 4.8 to 4.3 percent), as did seven States: Alaska, California, Florida, Hawaii, Iowa, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. Four of these seven States have legalized medicinal marijuana, Alaska, Hawaii, Michigan and California.

http://oas.samhsa.go...ggedDriving.htm

* Fact: California led the US to a nationwide, statistically significant reduction in the incidence of "drugged" driving during a time period when the number of patients claiming the protection of the California Compassionate Use Act and SB-420 increased by at least a factor of 10.

http://stopthedrugwa...arijuana_patien

* Fact: The Journal of Psychoactive Drugs, Hartford Hospital in Connecticut and the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine document states that MARIJUANA DOES NOT CAUSE DANGEROUS DRIVING: http://peaceandlovei...?showtopic=4692

Google "MARIJUANA DRIVING STUDY". You'll see two common findings:

1. Drivers under the influence of marijuana are VERY SLIGHTLY impaired.

2. Unlike those under the influence of alcohol, marijuana consumers are aware they are VERY SLIGHTLY impaired and they CONSISTENTLY ADEQUATELY COMPENSATE by slowing down and being a little more cautious. That doesn’t mean they get in the fast lane on the interstate and drive 15 miles per hour. Marijuana makes you cautious, not crazy. - Those Cheech and Chong movies were comedies, NOT documentaries!

* On November 30, Gil Kerlikowske presented this to the press: New Data On The Dangers Of Drugged Driving.

http://ofsubstance.g...1/30/51736.aspx

Looking at only fatalities, the data that Kerlikowske provides makes absolutely no distinction between the parties at fault and innocent second-vehicle casualties. No distinction between impairment and the mere presence of metabolites and no distinctions between drunk or drugged drivers (illegal or prescription).

Kerlikowske also conveniently forgot to mention the fact that U.S. traffic fatalities are at a record low despite U.S. Department of Transportation statistics that show that drivers traveled farther than they did in 2008. - A National Highway Traffic Safety Administration study of traffic injuries and fatalities in 2009 found that 33,808 people were killed in vehicular accidents, which is a decline of 9.7 percent from 2008’s figures. In fact, you’d have to go all the way back to 1950 to find a year when fewer people were killed.

According to the DOT there were only 44.7 million cars on U.S. roads in 1950 and a population of 150 million compared to today’s 255.9 million cars and a population of 310 million. Despite this increase, the probability of being involved in an auto fatality is dramatically lower than it was 60 years ago.

http://blogs.cars.co...storic-low.html

* A comparison of meta-analyses of experimental studies on the impairment of driving-relevant skills by alcohol or cannabis suggests that a THC concentration in the serum of 7–10 ng/ml is correlated with an impairment comparable to that caused by a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.05%.

http://www.bobkeefer...uana___2007.pdf

* It takes approximately 2-3 hours for your serum THC concentration to fall below 10ng/ml after smoking cannabis (of different strengths). In other words, you’re probably safe to drive after 2-3 hours of using:

http://img825.images...3/picture3u.png

http://www.springerl...4q1mq4820h7264/

Bear in mind that THC-COOH is the inactive metabolite.

* Cannabis tends to make you calm and cautious while alcohol makes you reckless and aggressive.

Many of us, I'm sure, have heard someone say they didn't want to smoke any more because they had to drive and therefor didn't want to be too stoned - or that they were too stoned to even bother going anywhere. Many of us have also heard a drunk slur that they definitely weren't impaired and considered themselves more than fit to slouch behind the wheel of their 3000 pound lethal weapon - prepared, even, to fight anybody who would dare to try and stop them.

NEW STUDY:

On 29-Nov-2011, a study was published by University of Colorado Denver Professor Daniel Rees and Montana State University Assistant Professor D. Mark Anderson showing states that have legalized medical marijuana experience fewer fatal car crashes compared to states that have not. The researchers suggest that there may be fewer fatal drunk driving accidents in those jurisdictions because more people may be choosing to smoke marijuana instead of making the more dangerous choice of consuming alcohol - both traffic fatalities and alcohol consumption declined.

The rate of fatal crashes in which a driver had consumed any alcohol dropped 12% after medical marijuana was legalized, and crashes involving high levels of alcohol consumption fell 14%. The study thoroughly accounted for other contributing factors regarding this decrease, such as changes in the number of miles traveled each year and new traffic laws.

"Our research suggests that the legalization of medical marijuana reduces traffic fatalities through reducing alcohol consumption by young adults," - Daniel Rees, professor of economics at the University of Colorado Denver who co-authored the study with D. Mark Anderson, assistant professor of economics at Montana State University.

So, the prohibitionist scare-tactic of claiming there would be an increase in traffic fatalities if marijuana were to be legally regulated for all adults should now be banished to the fantasy realm from whence it came.

http://www.eurekaler...d-ssm112911.php

* Hall & Hommel (2007) considered whether there was “sufficient evidence to discourage cannabis users from driving by conducting roadside drug testing. They concluded that there was “no scientifically persuasive evidence that” random drug testing has saved lives.

Similarly, Weatherburn et al. (2003) argued “there are no solid grounds for asserting that cannabis intoxication is a major cause of road trauma”. Consideration needs to be given to evidence that THC serum concentration does not always denote impairment (Bedard et al. 2007). -- Laumon et al.’s (2005) conclusion corroborates these findings and reports that the role of cannabis in “fatal crashes is significantly lower than that associated with [any] positive blood alcohol concentration.”

ADDITIONAL DATA:

* Relative risk of vehicle collision whilst under the 'acute' influence of cannabis is 1.92 whilst the relative risk of a similar vehicle accident with a blood alcohol content of 0.8 g/100 mL (the legal limit in many places) is 2.69.

http://www.bmj.com/c...nt/344/bmj.e536

* A 2002 review of seven separate studies involving 7,934 drivers reported, "Crash culpability studies have failed to demonstrate that drivers with cannabinoids in the blood are significantly more likely than drug-free drivers to be culpable in road crashes."

REFERENCE: G. Chesher and M. Longo. 2002. Cannabis and alcohol in motor vehicle accidents.

* A driver with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.10 or greater is seven times more likely to be involved in a fatal motor vehicle crash than is a driver who has not consumed alcoholic beverages, and a driver with an alcohol concentration of 0.15 or greater is about 25 times more likely.

* In a 60 km/h zone the risk of involvement in a vehicle accident with casualties increases exponentially (doubles) with each 5 km/h increase in traveling speed.

http://www.infrastru...peed_Risk_1.pdf

* Talking on a Cell phone while driving Increases accident risk by a factor of 4.

* Texting while driving Increases accident risk by a factor of 23.

* Eating and drinking is a factor in more accidents than DUI, cell phone use or texting while driving.

http://www.montlick....han-cell-phones

* The smokers of cigarettes - even if they do not smoke while driving - have an increased accident risk of 1.5

* Smoking cigarettes while driving Increases accident risk by a factor of 2.

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/2331646

* Alcohol-related accidents are so prevalent, an estimated 40 percent of all persons in the United States will be involved in a traffic mishap blamed on alcohol at some point in their lives.

http://alcoholism.ab.../a/aa070297.htm

*** It is important to note that once marijuana is 'Legalized and Regulated' it will still be an offense to drive while impaired - DUI laws already apply to marijuana just like they do alcohol. The fact that being under the influence of a substance makes you a worse driver should have no bearing on its legality in general - otherwise we would be forced to hand the market in alcohol back to machine-gun tooting bootleggers.

NEW STUDY:

A provider of free online auto insurance quotes says it has conducted a study that concludes marijuana uses are safer drivers. “What law enforcement agencies and insurers do not understand is that driving while high is actually a safe activity,” - James Shaffer, chief executive officer of the national auto-quote provider, in a statement.

According to the study, marijuana users may get into fewer accidents than other drivers. The study looked at data on accidents, traffic violations and insurance prices. The only significant effect of smoking marijuana may be slower driving.

http://www.4autoinsu...e-safe-drivers/

Edited by purklize

• 2 weeks later...

It is just like drinking and driving. The answer is" no sir i have not been drinking." If you say i just hat 2 beers, you have just admitted to drinking and driving . The officer "HAS TO TEST" you.Because you just admited to drinking and driving.If he lets you go and you kill someone, he's libal for letting you go. But when you answer" no i have not", he can chose to beleave you. Just try real hard not to slur you words .lol So when the officer askes if you have been smoking. say" no sir i have not" not its been 3 days since i smoked , it is" no sir i have not".

On the surface to some this may sound good but it is very subjective we truly are becoming a police State . This is a crime that can be fabricated where corrupt officials exist . I have always had respect for law enforcement as one of my parents was a officer but it appears you have to remain silent and defer any questions until you have a lawyer present or if you can't afford one still ask for one to stop all questioning .

This is proballey one of the worst pieces of legislation that will clog up the courts and be used against people that will not deserve it I have ever seen . Be sure it will be used against anyone that complains of a corrupt department or State institutional action . These individuals do not understand 99% of all Citizens would never do this but you can't make a subjective law to enforce it . A person respects Law Enforcement because they believe in Law and Order and they cooperate because they know it is the right thing to do not because of threats . Bad guys don't care this hurts the honest individuals fragmenting our society because courts only deal with facts the dozens of individuals who were set to be executed in Illinois that were innocent via DNA technology proved that .

We need to vote in people with common sense putting someone in jail for 90 days to 2 years isn't worth the damage to our populous from the carnage bad people can cause with a law like this when they have it in for someone . It is just like with our rights under the MMMP : who are you going to call ? It was always the US Marshalls before but they are players in the drug war whose sympathy will not be with patients more then likely . Especially when they see what cartel crime is like . Many can't differentiate sadly they see all cannabis users as bad .

. Since being a severe chronic pain patient at times I have been hurt so severely by the system which is all upset it can't prove your suffering nor understand how it effects any normal person over time but if they force you to do things and when you break down they want to punish you . Put you in behavioral programs infact all medicine in Michigan as sponsored by the State is considered behavioral medicine . I would like to see them ride around in cars with a knife in their back or deal with dependency and permenent damage done under care that required " compliance " . No patient should be ever required to either have their normal care disrupted ( even under arrest ) or subjective treatments forced on them ( which killed a lady in oakland county under arrest ) . Our society is becoming so cruel and non inclusive .

On driving I will repeat as always many patients require a therapuetic dose in their system . 5 ng is the same as zero tolerance . People can safely evaluate themselves like any other medicinal item there is no evidence that this is any worse then taking a drug like zyperexa or valium . There is evidence that restricting people from being as active as they safely can be is harmful to both their physical and mental health as well as hurts economic activity .

Edited by Croppled1

• 5 weeks later...

Im fighting with dumb potheads here in Washington over I502 which legalizes for recreational use, BUT a .05 thc duid level that has no scientific backing, no home grows, only one ounce possesion and ONLY THE STATE CAN SELL IT! Really the only part that directly affects PATIENTS is the bogus duid limit. But even so its a crappy law and i hope it doesnt pass...

• 4 months later...

i got lucky one time. a friend of mine had a roach in his pocket in a cellophane. i was speeding and a state boy pulled me over. right away my friend ate the roach. i dont know why cause i would have said it was mine since im legal. the cop could smell it and i told him i had nothing in the car. he said i can make this really hard for you. i said actually i dont think there is anything in the car but you can search if you want to. i then said i also have a card and handed it to him. he was actually cool after that. he asked if i smoked that day and i said no. i told him again your free to search if you want to thinking if i act nice maybe he would just let me go. he tells me why would i want to search, you have a card LOL. he gave me a ticket for 5 over and said im going to give you a break at 5mpg over, nothing personal. i was going about 15 over. i said i appreciate you being lenient. i was scared as hell of a duid because that cop had to know it was at least in my system. i was bummed with the ticket but darn happy the cop actually wasnt a jerk.