No Driving Allowed For Medical Marijuana Patients.

thats right its been weeks,

Play everything close to the vest. Don't even tell them you are a patient unless they NEED to know because they found meds on you. Just SHUT UP. Too many people talk themselves into a corner. The only reason they should know you are a patient is if you need to tell them to prevent arrest for possession. If they randomly ask if you are a patient say, "no." It is none of their business unless it it relevant.

We need to find any studies regarding intoxication levels of marijuana. ( 1. How long does the euphoric effect last vs how long thc stays in ones system. )

The law for a dui is something like 0.08??? Not sure at this time . But you get the ideal?

This story about a Colorado man testing the theory that blood THC level = intoxication, was posted exactly 1 year ago today.

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:08 PM

http://blogs.westwor...limit_sober.php

Last week, in advance of today's Senate debate over a bill that would set THC driving limits, I had blood drawn (for a second time) to see just how much active THC was in my blood even after a night of sleep and not smoking for fifteen hours. As it turns out, I've got a lot. So much that I and thousands of other medical marijuana patients may be risking arrest every time we drive if the measure passes. Even when deemed sober by a doctor, my active THC levels were almost triple the proposed standard of 5 nanograms per milliliter of blood.

Among the concerns about HB 1261, the THC driving bill first offered by Representative Claire Levy, is the fact that THC can stay in the body days after patients medicate. And my latest test offers proof.

The lab ran a serum/plasma test which showed my THC count to be at 27. According to Dr. Alan Shackelford, who ordered the blood work and evaluated my results, the number of active THC nanograms per milliliter count is about half of that total, or 13.5 nanograms of THC per milliliter of blood.

In short: If this bill passes and I was pulled over by police, I would be over the limit by 8.5 nanograms. By that logic, I would be more likely to have mowed down a family in my car on my way to the doctor's office that day than actually arriving there safely. But I didn't -- because I wasn't impaired.

Don't take my word for it. According to Shackelford, who evaluated me before writing the order to have my blood drawn last Wednesday, I was "in no way incapacitated." According to him, my test results show that it would not be uncommon to see such a high level in other people who use cannabis regularly -- like medical marijuana patients. "Your level was about 13.5 for whole blood... which would have made you incapacitated on a lab value," he said. "They need to vote this sucker down based on that alone."

Frankly, I didn't even need to go through this effort to prove that. Levy appears to understand that the limit might unintentionally hurt patients like me, since she's shared her concern that <a href="http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2011/03/medical_marijuana_thc_driving_limits_bill.php" target="_blank">5 nanograms is too low. Yet the bill still moved through to the senate.

Now, with some actual proof from a Colorado medical marijuana patient that this is the case, could someone curb this bill?

The Senate Judiciary Committee will discuss HB 1261 today at 1:30 p.m. at the Capitol Building. The hearing will offer the last time public comment will be heard about the proposal.

More from our Marijuana archive: "THC driving limits could cause more innocent people to spend months in jail, attorney says."

Four basic rules for surviving a police encounter.

1. Admit to and consent to NOTHING, searches without probable cause, speeding, etc...

2. shut up

3. shut up

4. shut up

Amen brother amen, That's the best gospel I have heard.

Thanks Wash for posting that information. With that said I stand opposed to HB 4856.

Edited by Fat Freddy

I HAVE NOT USED MMJ IN WEEKS...... I know that's right.

NOTHING has changed. You would face the same problems today as any other day in Michigan.

repeat after me: I HAVE NOT USED MMJ IN WEEKS.

thats right its been weeks,

"Yep, I got my card, got some meds, and decided that Cannabis was just too dangerous to be used officer." :angel:

Fraudulent representation to a law enforcement official of any fact or circumstance relating to the medical use of marihuana to avoid arrest or prosecution shall be punishable by a fine of $500.00, which shall be in addition to any other penalties that may apply for making a false statement or for the use of marihuana other than use undertaken pursuant to this act.

e) All other acts and parts of acts inconsistent with this act do not apply to the medical use of marihuana as provided for by this act.

We can screw each and everyone of you over with no recourse for you yet if your not totally honest with us a big fine and loss of your card is the result we are dealing with a very evil force here people these republican attack dogs are smelling blood we can only pray to our higher powers to sway the needed 26% to stop these bills from passing because if a traffic stop alerts LEO to your legal status they will pick us off one by one .

I would propose that everyone who applies for a drivers license, must submit a blood sample to screen for all illicit, recreational, and prescriptions drugs that are a threat to the public safety due to operator imparment.

If we are going to be safe, then let's stop #@(&ing around and really get down to brass tacks.

If you don't get tickets, get in wrecks, and are a good driver this is really not a big deal. The same thing applies to alcohol and prescription drugs.

Just because a doctor prescribes you a narcotic or opiate AND you get in a wreck and they take a blood sample from you it (the prescription) will not protect you. Drugged driving.

Just be smart. Don't smoke or vaporize in the car while you are driving or just before you get behind the wheel and eliminate the smell! Be smart.

Sorry, but to me this is a non-issue and nothing to get my boxer shorts all up in a wad about

2 hours, 4hours, 6 hours ??? At some point, we are not impaired. We need an accurate test. Cops need an accurate test. Just like alcohol.

That is not the answer anymore then it is a answer to all other medications . The State has a points system and if a patient is having a problem they should be made aware first before being arrested . We are patients we didn't ask to be patients and don't want to be patients . If anything we should and always have had a extra measure of tolerance by society . There have been no major problems . The people going to court now all broke other laws , speeding , mixing alchohal etc . There is no other medical substance you do not keep a measured therapuetic dose in your system at all times . Why again is cannabis different . It is not toxic or a poison like alchohal . This is medical use by qualified patients .

(e) All other acts and parts of acts inconsistent with this act do not apply to the medical use of marihuana as provided for by this act.

Edited by Croppled1

The State has issued me a Driver's License, and a MMJ Card. I assumed I could do both, as long as I wasn't IMPAIRED. What is "impaired". There is no test for MMJ impairment, or a "legal blood level" content for MMJ.

If we had tests for active THC, not stored THC, then we could prove to the cop, at a traffic stop, that we are below the legal limit.

Maybe a modified glucose test meter modified to test for active THC. Cops could have them, and so could we. If we left home just below the "legal Active THC" limit, then any cop pulling us over, would have to let us go. Just like a drinker who has a PBT tester for alcohol. Sure would clear things up for the cops, and us. That would be nice.

The bottom line is that Michigan law allows any amount of blood THC as indicating impairment. This is regardless of whether one is a cardholder or not. We all know that's a crock of horse pucky, but I guess it's understandable since the only alternative is for our honest and incorruptible state gummint to admit that there is simply no standardized method to test for cannabis impairment like there is for alcohol.

So drive safely, stay in the speed limits, make sure that your taillights & such are working. Don't give a cop any excuse to pull you over. If he does, follow the shut up principle stated in this thread and many times elsewhere in the forums.

Or, simply avoid driving for about 2-7 days after the last time you medicated.

z