The Michigan Medical Marihuana Provisioning Act Hb5580 (dispensary Bill)

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, well it kills a lot of other stuff too that shouldn't be killed. And for what benefit, seriously? I am definitely not for it.

I already outlined the benefits for you;

It helps stop outsourcing, and spreads the wealth. Any Michigan caregiver, or patient grower, with great meds, should be able to offset their bills.

Edited by Restorium2

I live in Birmingham. This community has passed a very restrictive ordinance, one that would disallow any provisioning center under this bill. I do not think that trying to force (I say trying, because nobody will force them to allow dispensaries, guaranteed) Birmingham to accept a farmer's market or dispensary is the right way to go with this. It won't work anyway and will simply cause more problems in the near term.

I don't know all the answers Zap I just get a really bad feeling about the wording of that. I already see this as a problem now, I'm sure you can agree that it is a problem that needs to be addressed, I just don't know how to word that so it would be acceptable and not infringe on caregivers and patients rights.

That is something else someone had mentioned about the amount of MM being purchased by a caregiver or a patient every 10 days. For a cancer patient that will not work or someone who has great pain and requires more.

BTW I am not trying to fight I am just throwing ideas out about things that concern me in the language of the bill. If I repeat things already mentioned my apologies.

Hmm. I bet the limitations on how much they can bring might loosen him up a little with his fears about 'Certain Caregivers'. I think you need to think along the lines of helping a lot of caregivers/patients, rather than helping a few a lot. We really don't want caregivers focusing so much on getting their wares to a dispensary now do we? It's job two, not one. A caregiver/patient needs to be 'their patient(s)' oriented first, then overage oriented, second.

I do not know that a bill has actually been submitted on the mine growers thing. Talk about a "pie in the sky" idea.

I would be happy to help with any specific wording changes that people want to field. I need to understand all of the reasons why, of course, so I can explain why we want them, but it seemed to me that Callton is open to just about anything if it passes his 75-year-old Grandma test.

He has a different way of looking at this than we do. He has concerns about a specific type of caregiver, and does not think that type of caregiver should be involved with this program.

Is it the caregiver who is looking at this in the sense of a cash cow? Most of those people are growing and selling illegally now. Not sure if that is what your referring to but I believe most people are against that. I just want to make sure that patients and caregivers who are in this program for the benefits of MM are protected.

So how do we go about getting this organized enough for you to write up an amendment?

I would think that one of the nice things about provisioning centers would be that cancer patients could get their oil directly there, rather than purchasing gobs of bud from, essentially, a middle man, and making it themselves.

The limit is there to prevent diversion, I'd guess, but like the purchase limit, I doubt it will have the desired effect. I will ask for it to be removed, and try to find out the rationale from his perspective.

I am sure wording is not the easiest thing to do, heck I know it isn't from just posting here, if he insists on keeping that in might he be more accepting of it if provisions were made for certain situations or illnesses?

That makes sense about the Simpson oil but if more bud is required by a patient then 2 1/2 ounces every ten days then they would be doing something illegal even though they are able to buy that now without the 10 day wait and it is legal under the MMMA.

The caregivers he is concerned about likely do not have "real" patients. They are growing for the black market under the guise of the MMMA. I do not personally know anybody fitting the description, but he does.

And I should say that I do not think there is much in this current bill that expresses his desire to eliminate that person, I am just trying to let people know where he is coming from.

At 5 ounces a month... they go away. You are providing reasons for the limit. You really need to take away "The Pie In The Sky". At 5 z's a month they can only make about $1000. Not going to get rich, but it would help with the grow bills of a legit grower. This 'tool' needs to be 'specialized' so it can't be used as a 'hammer'. Take away the dreamers and it all goes smoothly.

No they don't. There are actually more of them in total, and they go from dispensary to dispensary to get rid of it all.

Lets see I need to word that better, doesn't it state that the patient or caregiver can only buy that amount for the patient every 10 days? If so that is too restrictive. The dispensary prices are too high for someone to purchase it to resell and make a profit so there should not be a worry there.

Lets see I need to word that better, doesn't it state that the patient or caregiver can only buy that amount for the patient every 10 days? If so that is too restrictive. The dispensary prices are too high for someone to purchase it to resell and make a profit so there should not be a worry there.

It happens, believe it or not.

Ooops you all left the room! LOL

?? if everyone who has a concern or an idea about the bill were to print it out, go over and highlight each section they want discussed further or changed or amended, then make their suggestion if that is required, then submit this to someone, Zap?, or have meetings? it might be a lot easier then this. I have no clue how to get people together in a central location since we are all over the state. Input Jamie or Zap?

All these bills look alright, but my main problem is honesty and integirty of our LEO. They need to make a bill holding the Leo to be unable to bully and to change there proceedure on the knock and talk.

Signed a consent to search under the influence....is that legal? (they were already in my house at the time they were asking) what a joke!!!

Can't sign contract under the influence.

Can't drive a car under the influence.

LEO takes avantage of patients under the influence!!!

Absolutely correct on both points, Restorium. I am fairly sure the policing is already being done, both by the community and the actual police.

People do resell dispensary meds, especially if we are going out of our way to create a system that can offer cannabis safely to those that need it at prices below "street value."

LOL yep I forgot about asking to be able to have a FM model within this. My bad but still I feel like it needs a bit of clarification and that certain conditions a patient has should make it where they are allowed to or their caregivers allowed to purchase more often then the 10 days.

OK From what I saw of the original;

Take out the possibilty of a grow tied to the dispensary, and include patient growers as suppliers, and I can't see any problems... yet. That's my 2 cents. (you get your moneys worth lol) I would enjoy marking that baby up if someone would type it out for us.

Remember that 2.5 oz in 10 days is only the max amount, over a period of time that a patient can get medicine from a Center- It does not restrict the patient from obtaining meds elsewhere. It is an additional option, not a replacement.

Restless- Any work group like meeting will have to happen fairly soon. I will help out as much as possible. What area are you in or near?

I'm in Grand Rapids. OK that part is good if they do have a caregiver but what if they don't or they grow for themselves? I think a provision for those in situations where they can not procure more elsewhere should be added and for those that really do require much more then most patients do.

What type of time limit are we talking about?

You have seen how they write the amendments, right? Do it that way and we can review it here.

Copy it out as written, strike out the wording we want implemented or taken out, if implemented add wording? Someone is going to have their work cut out for them if very many are submitted.

I'm in Grand Rapids. OK that part is good if they do have a caregiver but what if they don't or they grow for themselves? I think a provision for those in situations where they can not procure more elsewhere should be added and for those that really do require much more then most patients do.

What type of time limit are we talking about?

So your condition should dictate the frequency that you're allowed to purchase?

Edit: Found the answer rest!

I think if we were to put it out there where only certain conditions are allowed to purchase at said frequency would open the door to lawmakers deciding the frequency of medicating for any condition.

Edited by Tyin'Flies