The Michigan Medical Marihuana Provisioning Act Hb5580 (dispensary Bill)

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And your point is? We should not discuss or read the bills? We should only concentrate on who did or didn't write them and try and figure out what their motivations are? Nothing wrong with playing devils advocate and looking for potential pitfalls mind you, but just questioning motives without discussing substance doesn't make much sense to me.

Dr. Bob

I believe Representative Callton is on the right side of this debate. I just believe he, like most everyone else, is being given a nice little package to look at, while the real issue is what is going on with the 08 Act.... and the dismantling of it while we watch the carrot.

Look at the carrot while the booty is plundered.

Classic seizure tactics by slight of hand.

All I want to know now is who submitted the language and I'm done talking about it.

Rep Callton submitted the bill. I'm sure many folks handed in suggestions of blocks of text .. Rep. takes a block here and one there..

That's just guessing. I believe MACC could have some chunk of it, not all fer sure ..

In the end, I figure Callton is, at least, forwarding ideas he agrees with. If not, text that one of his staff or himself came up with.

He is the gatekeeper of the bill .. his name.

Rep. Calton voted with a big YES, against our unified stance, on all 4 previous bad bills. Now he is FOR us? Please.... How soon some peel off from the unified stance. I mean, couldn't you even stand up with us for a few weeks? Why not submit the bill to one of the reps that voted NO showing their GOOD motives? It's a crazy ship of fools that does not learn from RECENT past actions.

Wow.. Just catching up on a Saturday morning. Resto I would suggest you contact the reps directly, maybe even start your own group. You have some good ideas but your methods of communication often times negate them. Have you wrote or called Rep Calton?

Nick and I had a friendly debate but he did listen to me and explained "why" unlike some that just totally tune you out like Romney :) Yea these guys think there doing the right thing but they obviously have no clue why we use it and how the law, bills, politically stuff affects us.

How soon some peel off from the unified stance. I mean, couldn't you even stand up with us for a few weeks? Why not submit the bill to one of the reps that voted NO showing their GOOD motives? It's a crazy ship of fools that does not learn from RECENT past actions.

WORD

Edited by Timmahh

Whether or not anyone thinks any dispensary bill will pass this session, it can be assured that the move to establish them is a big deal for the State. The reactionaries will continue to marginalize the people's provisions and move to gain control of the market. These things are oftentimes matters of inches, and there will continue to be tension and pressure in the entire foreseeable future. Looking at the long view, we would be remiss to think that things are, in any sense, winding down. Take a deserved short breather, because the next act is already playing.

The whole fear of this is the 'slippery slope' concept, right? Once a dispensary model is in place and working, the small caregiver model will be bashed and stories of bad caregivers and pesticide poisoning will be planted everywhere. The dispensary interests and the state interests will work together to trump the patient interests in the long run. At least that's my fear of Rep Callton's plan.

I agree that we are really pawns in this whole game. We have so little influence and we will get played by most of the politicians with whom we talk. We are told by the politicians that they are now enlightened and carefully considering our issues. We are so grateful to them for meeting with us, but in the end they go with the political contributors not the patients. But, at least it was after careful consideration...lol.

Again, I stress that the press can be a force multiplier for us. That is why I hate the ongoing secret meetings with the reps concept. I understand the need for confidential aspects to difficult negotiations but transparency should work in our favor with this issue. We need to help keep the light shining. We need to work harder to do that.

How about after any meetings discussing medical cannabis, warriors write an email to the Rep or Sen summarizing the discussions and copy everyone we know from the press. Perhaps publicly divulging the issues under consideration will keep the discussions more honest. If nothing else, if we get steamrolled, more people will be aware of the injustice that was done and it may help in November.

Whoa, I almost fell off my soapbox. I had a couple of points about dispensary rules

With respect to pricing, if all these cannabis transactions, incoming and outgoing have to be meticulously tracked and accounted for, why not just put a maximum mark-up over the provider's price to the dispensary? Say, like 10, 15, or 20%, something simple to understand for everyone that will cover expenses and allow for a small profit for a reasonably run business. Then, if over time the prices do fall with more supply, the patients benefit, the providers get some money, and the dispensary gets to make enough to cover their expenses and pay their people.

Testing should not be required, but if it is done on incoming product, that needs to be tracked explicitly and passed along to those wishing to pay that premium for testing. If the store receives 5 oz's of Bubba Kush from a caregiver, the dispensary can decide to test it or not, as the market in their local area will eventually dictate. If tested, label it as TESTED Bubba Kush and provide the analysis. Spread the testing cost across the 5oz's and pass any testing costs on to the consumer that wishes to pay that premium to ensure themselves of quality. If the dispensary chooses, it could offer untested meds as many do today. Experienced patients have a pretty good eye and nose and may not want to pay the premium for the tested meds. The dispensary could say 'we stopped testing from this provider because the quality is consistently high, but we have tested Bubba Kush for this much more'.

Lastly it would be great to have explicit recourse written into the law for those being abused by local officials. Just think of the power these former low level councilmen and inspectors are now going to have. Instead of imposing fines, their power now will be the threat of prison. Abuses will be reported to who, the local police or to Mr. Schuette for immediate action?

Rep. Calton voted with a big YES, against our unified stance, on all 4 previous bad bills. Now he is FOR us? Please.... How soon some peel off from the unified stance. I mean, couldn't you even stand up with us for a few weeks? Why not submit the bill to one of the reps that voted NO showing their GOOD motives? It's a crazy ship of fools that does not learn from RECENT past actions.

PROOF that money is the grease that makes the wheels of government go round.

The whole fear of this is the 'slippery slope' concept, right? Once a dispensary model is in place and working, the small caregiver model will be bashed and stories of bad caregivers and pesticide poisoning will be planted everywhere. The dispensary interests and the state interests will work together to trump the patient interests in the long run. At least that's my fear of Rep Callton's plan.

I agree that we are really pawns in this whole game. We have so little influence and we will get played by most of the politicians with whom we talk. We are told by the politicians that they are now enlightened and carefully considering our issues. We are so grateful to them for meeting with us, but in the end they go with the political contributors not the patients. But, at least it was after careful consideration...lol.

Again, I stress that the press can be a force multiplier for us. That is why I hate the ongoing secret meetings with the reps concept. I understand the need for confidential aspects to difficult negotiations but transparency should work in our favor with this issue. We need to help keep the light shining. We need to work harder to do that.

How about after any meetings discussing medical cannabis, warriors write an email to the Rep or Sen summarizing the discussions and copy everyone we know from the press. Perhaps publicly divulging the issues under consideration will keep the discussions more honest. If nothing else, if we get steamrolled, more people will be aware of the injustice that was done and it may help in November.

Whoa, I almost fell off my soapbox. I had a couple of points about dispensary rules

With respect to pricing, if all these cannabis transactions, incoming and outgoing have to be meticulously tracked and accounted for, why not just put a maximum mark-up over the provider's price to the dispensary? Say, like 10, 15, or 20%, something simple to understand for everyone that will cover expenses and allow for a small profit for a reasonably run business. Then, if over time the prices do fall with more supply, the patients benefit, the providers get some money, and the dispensary gets to make enough to cover their expenses and pay their people.

Testing should not be required, but if it is done on incoming product, that needs to be tracked explicitly and passed along to those wishing to pay that premium for testing. If the store receives 5 oz's of Bubba Kush from a caregiver, the dispensary can decide to test it or not, as the market in their local area will eventually dictate. If tested, label it as TESTED Bubba Kush and provide the analysis. Spread the testing cost across the 5oz's and pass any testing costs on to the consumer that wishes to pay that premium to ensure themselves of quality. If the dispensary chooses, it could offer untested meds as many do today. Experienced patients have a pretty good eye and nose and may not want to pay the premium for the tested meds. The dispensary could say 'we stopped testing from this provider because the quality is consistently high, but we have tested Bubba Kush for this much more'.

Lastly it would be great to have explicit recourse written into the law for those being abused by local officials. Just think of the power these former low level councilmen and inspectors are now going to have. Instead of imposing fines, their power now will be the threat of prison. Abuses will be reported to who, the local police or to Mr. Schuette for immediate action?

may be they violated the open meetings Act