Patient Help - Dr Refusing To Treat Mmj Patient - Seeking Advice And Support

Hi all,

I am a caregiver in NE MI. My patient is a family member who suffers from severe rheumatoid and osteo forms of arthritis. She was just informed that she will be completely cut off from her prescribed opiate pain killers of 20 years since she was discovered to be a cardholding MMJ patient. They refuse to treat her pain while she is using MMJ. If anyone knows of a MMJ friendly doc in NE MI (who takes MI State health insurance) we would love to hear about it.

For now we have decided the right way to go is off the pain meds and stick to the MMJ if at all possible. We are looking for strong genetics known for pain relief or anti-inflammatory , seeds or plants, to improve our current med grow. We are also looking for enough medicine/ cannabis oil donations (free or super cheap) in order to start her on a cannabis oil treatment program. We don't have time to grow it ourselves before her pain pill supply it is cut off and we don't really have the money to go out and buy either.

I live up north of Alpena but I have to travel down state to Saginaw for medical reasons regularly these days so if anyone wants to chat, has suggestions, medicine, help, or whatever... please send a message.

thanks,

Daddee

You should take them to court. It is unconscionable for them to take away pain pills, that she very likely is addicted to, without weaning her off them. If nothing else, it goes against the Hippocratic Oath.

Would love to but she has no resources, or probably energy, for that type of fight. I agree it is a terrible thing to send her cold turkey but they don't seem to care...

You should take them to court. It is unconscionable for them to take away pain pills, that she very likely is addicted to, without weaning her off them. If nothing else, it goes against the Hippocratic Oath.

No case, sorry, the medical board has already addressed it.

Dr. Bob

We have full pain clinics that accepts folks with cards in Saginaw, Mt. Pleasant, and Marquette with others to start soon in Kalamazoo, Traverse City, and Cadillac. We don't accept insurance but are very reasonably priced. PM me for details.

Dr. Bob

Amazing. So they can get her addicted to opiates, but they do not have to help her get off of them?

They sure can cut you off and quit seeing you period, why that hasnt happened to you yet, I was with the same dr. for over 12 yrs, they never urine screened me till i asked about mm, they did not respond well to the mm question so I got my rec from a different dr. the mm dr needed my medical records, he got them from my dr. and about 3 months after receiving my card they gave me a urine screen it tested pos for thc and they quit me, I could not find another dr. before my methadone and xanax ran out, so I called the dr.'s office back that quit me, and asked ok now what do I do, Im gonna run out of my meds in a few days, the mm isnt doing the job yet, as im searching for the rite strain that works for me, so what e.r do you want me to check into? they told me to come get my meds and get them a letter to them from my new dr. when I find one, i called an attny, he said something about a no fault MI law, and nothing I can do about it, a dr. can quit seeing you for any reason, maybe the dr. wants less hrs so he is down sizing and quiting some pts! thats what i got, and i found a new dr. and now I will be on my 4th yr and 4th dr. Its not fair but it is legal!

Peace

Jim

Edited by phaquetoo

I have never really been on perscription meds so i can help their, but for what its worth i have been taking rso oil for about 3 months now and have found that it works on my knee and back pain. one of the most important things that i have learned is ingesting mm is working for me but i tend to under medicate and when off the oil all the pain r4eturns after about 3-4 days.

i take around .25 gram a day infused oil in glycerine and found it taste good and lowers the need to smoke a joint. i like the smoke for the head and oil for the pain. i also added lobellia in the oil for the antispasmatic it seems to provide good results but i wouldnt recommend adding this without doing some careful testing on your reactions as lobellia is a strong herb and is also posion if taken wrong dosages.

For some of us, getting off opiates isn't an option. I turned to painkillers after the MMJ was no longer helping with the intense pain I was enduring. I still use it to counter balance other problems I'm having such as nausea. Honestly, opiates changed my life and made it so I can live fairly normally. I have chronic pancreatitis. I also have back pain from three herniated discs and having broke my back from landing on my head in 1989. The back pain is nothing in compared to the pancreas pain. If I was suffering from just the back pain I'd be in heaven!

They sure can cut you off and quit seeing you period, why that hasnt happened to you yet, I was with the same dr. for over 12 yrs, they never urine screened me till i asked about mm, they did not respond well to the mm question so I got my rec from a different dr. the mm dr needed my medical records, he got them from my dr. and about 3 months after receiving my card they gave me a urine screen it tested pos for thc and they quit me, I could not find another dr. before my methadone and xanax ran out, so I called the dr.'s office back that quit me, and asked ok now what do I do, Im gonna run out of my meds in a few days, the mm isnt doing the job yet, as im searching for the rite strain that works for me, so what e.r do you want me to check into? they told me to come get my meds and get them a letter to them from my new dr. when I find one, i called an attny, he said something about a no fault MI law, and nothing I can do about it, a dr. can quit seeing you for any reason, maybe the dr. wants less hrs so he is down sizing and quiting some pts! thats what i got, and i found a new dr. and now I will be on my 4th yr and 4th dr. Its not fair but it is legal!

Peace

Jim

Pretty much the same story here Jim.

But hgve been unable to find another doc

willing to prescribe with MJ use.

Edited by Sledge

The pain management clinic that i am a patient at WILL treat MMJ Patients who need long term opioid treatment but, break-through pain meds are strictly limited if you are using MMJ for break-through pain control/relief.

I've been their Patient for six years and though I've been able to reduce the intake of Opiates by about 80%. The extent and degree of my injuries will require continued use even at reduced levels just to maintain a reasonable quality of life.

The clinic I go to, signs my MMJ paperwork, on the condition I don't have opiates in my system. They gave me a choice: pills or MMJ. For the time being, this works for me. But I do fear the day, if I need to have back surgery again, that "either or", not both, will not work for me. Until then, I will soldier on, with my "MMJ only" choice. For people with way more pain then I, keep looking for a Dr. that allows you to be on pills and MMJ.

@Edward Glenn, this pain clinic you go to, may I ask where it is?

I moved to bay city back in November an haven't found a regular Dr yet. I have fibromialga an hep c an been taking tramadol for 15 or more years, fortunately theres a Dr that has helped me to get by but he's not close by.

The clinic I made an appointment with is Bayside health center, i cant get in till October 22nd,an then i don't know if I'll be drug tested. So if anyone lives in bay city an has a "cool "Dr. Please let me know

thanks, peace

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The research into the different aspects of the Whipple operation commonly lead you to the truth that it's in reality a suitable cure. Individuals tend to be much more positive to battle cancer due to the the latest developments within this approach. Possessing ample understanding of the whipple procedure can lead to make initiatives regarding your well being. Thus, it is essential that you just don't lag behind because of your disinclination.

Edited by LawrenceMessing