Medible In The Airport

I'm flying out tomorrow from DTW and have a 6 hour flight. I have a medible chocolate I would like to eat before my flight. I would like to wait as long as possible before boarding to eat it.

How far can I bring it through the airport without any problems? Should I eat it before going through security or should I just throw it in my carry-on bag until after?

Edited by Criard

If you are a carded patient and flying into another state that has a medical cannabis law on the books, TSA will not harrass you for taking your medicine with you. Caution...if you have lay overs in states that do not have medical cannabis laws, do not leave the airport. I always carry my meds in my carry on while traveling...peace ... j.b.

Thank you for the advice, but I dug a little harder with the search engine and found exactly what I was looking for:

thread: Amazing News For Mmj Patients And Flying!

Just tested TSA again, and we have won again. I talked to head of TSA at DTW and she told me that TSA does not not allow it, but if they see it they will alert Wayne County Sherriff. I was directed to talk to Captain Smoothers, as well as Sgt. Kolakowski, both whom told me that I was ALLOWED to bring my medical marijuana with me. I went through the body scanner with my meds in my bag in a glass jar, it went through the scanner and I went through the body scanner, TSA didn't even stop me and I didn't even have to talk to a deputy. TSA, DTW, and medical marijuana are all going by what the state law says about possession and let you have it.

Edited by Criard

its a candy or food. treat it as such, not as cannabis, and no one will be the wiser. put it in a secrets tin and put it in your pocket and carry it with you.

Follow step one of this advice but ignore step two. Treat it like any other carry on snack...pack it with other snacks and forget about it until you want to ingest it.

perhaps the OP should just stay home for your safety huh?

I mean, if using a candy tin to carry home made candy well, hells bells he may blow up the fraking plane with it...

nothing like telling everyone to act like a criminal huh?

Act like a cirminal? In case you have forgotten you ARE a criminal as far as federal law is concerned. So advice that is designed to avoid scrutiny is good advice. I don't know about you but hearsay regarding what the TSA will or will not do isn't exactly settling advice. Unless the TSA takes an official position then I would take all steps necessary to avoid scrutiny/questions from the TSA.

And putting chocolate in a "secrets" box . . . what is a secrets box? All I can think is you meant a sucrets box. That isn't a candy box it's a cough drop box. So I would think that putting something like chocolate in such a box could raise the level of suspicion.

Lastly, and AGAIN, you ARE a criminal in the eyes of the feds and since the feds have the power to prosecute you I would strongly suggest exercising extreme caution. If it were me I wouldn't attempt to take any cannabis through a security checkpoint and I definitely would avoid having it in my possession in an out-of-state airport. The last thing anyone who is traveling needs is some nosy drug dog getting too close.

I flew from dtw to phoenix declared my Meds at the check in counter at dtw the customer service agent this was her first experience with med Mary j. She made a phone call and I heard her boss ask if I had paper work and she said yes. Never looked at my card or any other paper work. She told me to go have a seat and wait like 15 to 20 min and if no one contacted me I was good. I waited 30 min longest half hour of my life looking down that never ending hall way and thinking are they comeing to get me or not. Me and my 2 oz of stinking Meds made it no problem

paul stanford , on his public access show 'cannabis common sense', and that also runs the thc-foundation (which just opened up a clinic in michigan), says he travels with his medicine all of the time. he recommends that you dont announce you have it, as the tsa will make a big deal of it or steal it sometimes (they also steal ipads like crazy). just carry your card with you (plus copies! plus doc reccomendation letter, plus doctor number) and you will be A-ok if they even find it.

i wouldnt put it in a metal container just because they have to inspect all metallic objects, especially metallic objects with things inside of them. the tsa once investigated my candy ciggarettes so yeah.

re: medibles, make sure the tsa doesnt classify it as a liquid or paste or gel. if its over 3oz , they will steal it. just google for cupcakes tsa.

the only other problem i've heard is about that guy in oregon who had mmj and a card, and was driving to idaho. the cops stopped him in oregon but let him go because he was legal, then the cops called their cop buddies in idaho where there is no mmj... and he was arrested there..

finally, the tsa isnt the same from airport to airport, or even in the same airport. in one airport you may get nice agents, in another airport you will get one mean female parental fornicator. so keep it in mind.

Edited by teethpain