I Want To Grow Indoor Basement But Have Kids

cars4show

i have kids and i know that the kids cant have any knowledge and the doors have to be locked and secure. But i will be growing inside the basement and was wondering if there is any other not to do things that could possibly get my kids taken away? i will appreciate if someone that has kids and is doing similar thing walk me through this. or anyone with experience and knowledge can also help too.

It's a touchy issue for sure. If the child is smart they will figure out what you are doing eventually. My best advice would be to keep all of your ducks in a row legally. Make sure that everything is clean,and locked all the time. No stray leaves or stems should make it out of the grow, and keep your meds locked up at all times.

That being said, once they figure it out...and they will, tell them the truth, that you are growing medicine to help the sick, they don't need to know what kind of medicine, just tell them it is natural remedies that you are dealing with.

I am dealing with this myself, tell or not tell the kids that is.

Mine are ages 5, 7, and 10.

They all know that I make medicine candies and cookies that they cannot have. After explaining that eating them would make them feel very weird, they are afraid of all my medibles. Good.

But that is all they know right now. They are curious and wondering more and more, mostly the 10 year old.

When he asks, I explain that he does not have the correct vocabulary for me to explain in a meaningful way, learn some more words and check back in a few years. (That worked for questions about sex as well)

He is a smart kid and no doubt would understand better that most politicians, but I think the stress of knowing Dad could be arrested anytime is a little much for a ten year old. So I am putting that off as long as possible.

Also I do not grow or store anything at home, I am fortunate enough to have another discrete place to do that.

With the current political situation, don't think I could deal with having it at home. Stresswise that is. If I was only a patient, not a caregiver, maybe I could.

I get a small relief knowing that even if a swat team bust down my door, they will find nothing unlawfull or even questionable.

Very difficult situation, but could be done.

I would suggest timing your dark cycle so you could do all garden work when the kids are sleeping or at school.

Come up with a plausible explanation for the new door/room, then never let them see you use it. Around a corner or otherwise out of view would be helpful. That hopefully would keep unanswerable questions to a minimum.

If possible include space within the room to trim, package as well. That would keep the smell in a controlled area.

Odor control is essential to concealment and should not be taken lightly. Charcoal filter with a back up ready to install, ozone or ionizer in adjoining space helps too.

Good luck with this tough situation,

R

i have similar question posted on caregiver issues: becoming cg questions, and phaquetoo, said "locked room, no one allowed in it, dont tell kids, dont tell peeps your growing, act like its still ilegal, dont get caught w/o your room being locked and secured!Loose lips sink ships!read the law, than read it again!"

Peace

Jim

yea i said dont tell kids, but that dont mean you should not educate them, I was a pt way before i started growing, i dont tell the kids about my room, I do tell them about my meds, now my kids are old enough to know whats going on, but Id rather just let them wonder if im growing than come out and tell them, Kids have big mouths, they may not tell the law or school on me, but they may tell one or 300 of their friends, I dont tell anyone accept on mm sites, that doesnt mean they are not allowed to know, all you need to make sure of, if you realy want to be safe, dont educate them about your garden or show them it, if ever cps or cops come you dont want them to be able to describe your room to anyone!

Grow Grow Grow!

again Loose Lips Sink Ships!

Peace

Jim

I told my kids right away. They were 10 and 13 at the time and both were always making the honor roll at school. There was no hiding it from them for long. We had a talk and I explained that I didn't want anyone to know about what I was doing because it was worth a lot of money and I didn't want people breaking into the house to steal my medicine. Everything has been fine since.

With programs like DARE in our schools plus the horror stories about CPS taking ki. ds away because they feel Marijuana is

dangerous, i wouldn't tell the kids.

How old are they? .

Just keep everything locked at all times and say nothing!

ironically enough you just said the exact reason why you need to be honest. my parents told me when i was a kid.... when dare ( i was in my towns first class) asked me do your parents smoke pot.... i told him. "my parent smoke nothing, and what goes on in my home is none of your business".... i still passed dare class...and i didnt rat on my parents because they didnt lie to me..... honesty is the only policy.

ironically enough you just said the exact reason why you need to be honest. my parents told me when i was a kid.... when dare ( i was in my towns first class) asked me do your parents smoke pot.... i told him. "my parent smoke nothing, and what goes on in my home is none of your business".... i still passed dare class...and i didnt rat on my parents because they didnt lie to me..... honesty is the only policy.

That is sickening that they would even ask someones children that. It is even sicker that they would even be ALLOWED to ask someones children that.

Back to topic -

Really what you need to do is show how serious you are about keeping your medicine locked up and your kids safe.

Build a secure room, wood walls, not a tent. Install at least one lock on the door, post "Restricted Area" sign and your paperwork from the MMMP. Copies of your card.

If you want trouble, you grow plants in an open basement that everyone in the house can access. You smoke, and grow in the open, so not only your kids have to see it everyday, but so do their friends, and so on, and so on.

As parents - you locked up your booze, your kept your pills in the medicine cabinet - not on the kitchen counter. You talked to your kids about it, and you did not keep it in their face.