Getting High = 'enhanced Sense Of Well Being'

All medications get you high, lyrica, Vioxx, heck you even get a caffeine buzz from Excedrin.

Foods get you high too, you feel euphoria from sugar, and drinks - alcohol sure - but what about Pepsi and Coke too?

There is a medical or scientific term for "getting high" - they call it - "enhanced sense of well being"

And doctors want you to get high off the medicine, any medicine - because as a part of your recovery or quality of life as a sick person - they want you to have a "enhanced sense of well being." They know that a patient who feels better about him/herself - will recover faster and stronger.

Of course the foods, the booze, and the street drugs - those death dealers want to you get high simply because they want you to bring more money next time you visit. That is a sucker's play - they figure you are stupid enough to focus on getting high all day, chasing the ghost.

We can be intelligent and make the distinction between 'getting high to get stupid' and 'enhancing my sense of well being so I can be normal'.

If we are sick, there is no question we need this medicine. I can't tell you how many times I was sick and throwing up in the am - can't get pills to stay in. Smoking my medicine is radical - but it is necessary for me. To be social - with family, to function at work - I had to use. Was I high? no, I was mostly scared they would find out I feel good lol.

So when people start giving you crap about "oh you are getting high" - you need to explain that for a patient with a chronic illness (meaning it does not go away and it can be bad or semi-good days) - you need "enhanced sense of well being' so you can get out and function through the pain, the depression, the nausea, and vertigo. Why shouldn't you have a right to feel good about life? Can I feel good enough to eat something, Can I feel good enough to get to church? The enhanced sense of well being decides if you will continue with living, it is that important - for me to get high.

I like your logic and it is dead on. :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

In the same vein: a lot of prescription drugs are used to "get high", so it is obvious that all the "accepted" drugs get people high yet they are not proposing to reclassify opiates now are they?

thank you - lets take a look at the warnings the federal government approved for those 'hard drugs' - "Use Care While operating a vehicle or heavy equipment" , "Take time to get used to the effects of this medicine before driving", "Keep out of reach of children". If the federal government trusts people to read and obey those instructions for hard drugs like oxycontin, Opana, Ms Morphine - then why can't they trust us with labels like these on medical marijuana?

when people get high off prescription drugs, they call it drug ABUSE. So they did make a distinction - use the drugs for a medical reason - its DRUG USE - ok. Use a drug for recreational or 'getting high' only - its DRUG ABUSE. So it was my thinking that we use the 'current system' in place - we conduct ourselves, our use of marijuana - as drug use - for a medical reason. We act responsible with the drug. We avoid drug abuse - as we would with any drugs and alcohol. We need to separate marijuana use in to their two classifications - abuse or use.

If we can get the rest of society to see it this way, that marijuana can be used responsibly - it could be the last hurdle for all of us.

thank you - lets take a look at the warnings the federal government approved for those 'hard drugs' - "Use Care While operating a vehicle or heavy equipment" , "Take time to get used to the effects of this medicine before driving", "Keep out of reach of children". If the federal government trusts people to read and obey those instructions for hard drugs like oxycontin, Opana, Ms Morphine - then why can't they trust us with labels like these on medical marijuana?

when people get high off prescription drugs, they call it drug ABUSE. So they did make a distinction - use the drugs for a medical reason - its DRUG USE - ok. Use a drug for recreational or 'getting high' only - its DRUG ABUSE. So it was my thinking that we use the 'current system' in place - we conduct ourselves, our use of marijuana - as drug use - for a medical reason. We act responsible with the drug. We avoid drug abuse - as we would with any drugs and alcohol. We need to separate marijuana use in to their two classifications - abuse or use.

If we can get the rest of society to see it this way, that marijuana can be used responsibly - it could be the last hurdle for all of us.

Quote: "then why can't they trust us with labels like these on medical marijuana?"

Because that would take CHANGE in FEDERAL laws in Washington DC.

But, it appears you are not the only one that doesn't get that connection.

Oh GB - and your plan of attack on the federal law is "Legalize!"

how do you plan to get there now? A big smoke out? Legislation for Responsible Partiers?

Yep! Pretty much, No Mad.

'Legalized' through a a citizens vote at the state level, and then the federal government will HAVE to deal with the issue of BOTH MMJ and cannabis legalization.

You never answered the question about what makes you a 'special' person when it comes to the use of cannabis.

HMMM???

green butter - what makes YOU so special? Legalization is a choice, being a sick patient is not a choice. nothing special about it.

your logic is flawed "put it to vote at the state level" - true - but you need two ballots - one for medical use, another for legalization. There is public support for medical use, - so you want to stall it and confuse people about it - so you can insert another topic - legalization for people to recreate with it. That is two separate goals - and you want to lump them both together - why? so both can fail?

Sorry, but keep patients and caregivers separate from people who want to recreate, they are not the same group.

over 55% of michiganders support full legalization already... but dont expect them to be vocal about it, atleast not until it has been legalized in some manor.

over 70% support Medical still. Im in Midland, Bull Schuitte's extremely conservative republican home town. Delta College in late spring did a poll as part of their political classes that is recognized on a national level. they polled midland county and the pol showed over 70% support for Medical Cannabis, and Legalized Distribution points, ie, Farmers Markets, Dispensaries ect.. and over 60% supported straight up legalization, though in a Tax and Regulated parsed sentence on the poll....

I agree completely on the Well Being gained from meds. State of Mind is crucial when healing, especially with serious or chronic illness.

green butter - what makes YOU so special? Legalization is a choice, being a sick patient is not a choice. nothing special about it.

your logic is flawed "put it to vote at the state level" - true - but you need two ballots - one for medical use, another for legalization. There is public support for medical use, - so you want to stall it and confuse people about it - so you can insert another topic - legalization for people to recreate with it. That is two separate goals - and you want to lump them both together - why? so both can fail?

Sorry, but keep patients and caregivers separate from people who want to recreate, they are not the same group.

No one is asking for your help in supporting 'legalization'. We can get it done without you.

Don't need your negativity.

Have a nice night.

your logic is flawed "put it to vote at the state level" - true - you need two ballots - one for medical use, another for legalization. There is public support for medical use, - so you want to stall it and confuse people about it - so you can insert another topic - legalization for people to recreate with it. That is two separate goals - and you want to lump them both together - why? so both can fail?

Logic? What this about 'two' ballots? The MMM Act has already passed here in Michigan, if that's what you're referring to. AND MMJ has ALREADY been passed into legislation in ALL of the states that have 'legalization' on their ballots for the coming election.

Might want to reduce the "haze' in your room. It may be blocking your abilty to see the computer screen real well?

Love a good debate... but the stuff about 'two ballots' is way out there.

Gonna drop out of this one ... MUCH better things to but my time towards.

Choi.

I am sure you will drop out of this one, when they "legalize" marijuana and someone starts a public forum for that - you will leave this patient/caregiver forum pretty choi. You are using this forum as you use patient's rights to medicate as a cover for your push for recreational use.

You failed to support your 'logic' with insults. I disagree with your legalize rhetoric (which you gave no valid argument to gain public support for, except to hide it under the guise of medical use.)

Two ballots, because I don't want medical use confused with recreational/legalize bs.

Peace! lol