Musical Musings

Bisharoo

The Willie Nelson / Johnny Cash VH1 Storytellers changed my life. I had loved country my whole life but the "Young Country" made me turn away, Cash had pulled me back with American Recordings but the two working together on this simple set made me seek out what I always thought of as "real" country. Hank Williams Sr. Like Hardcore country.

I have no use for "young country", and my roots go way back to eastern KY in the 1950's, so this is some of what I had playing in the background of my early youth.  Way too old for most here, too corny, too raw and old and gritty but it is what it is.  I still smile at much of it, as it gives joy and good vibes.

Thanks for posting here YesMichigan. 

Peace...

Hey you're welcome thanks for the love and right back at ya.

The "Oh Brother" Soundtrack (to me) is one of the greatest treasures in recent music history. The 6 degrees of separation from the performers on that compilation is phenomenal.

That "Herding Cattle" that is what music will return to. Organic and real. Musicianship on display. Outstanding! I'm pretty well ADD so those 1:36 songs tickle me just right. Repetitious songs over 3 minutes and I start to wander.

My favorite Country Song I think...

Tompall & The Glaser Brothers - Put Another Log on the Fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4KJrvlMccw