Deer Season 2012

SFC

Anyone else have any luck? Wednesday I watched a buck all day and knew where he was holing up. Thursday morning it took about ten minutes to get him. Scrubby 8 point but I will take it.

This morning I had a pretty neat little ambush planned out at another spot by the river. The farmer left several beet piles about 65-70 yards from the edge of a strip of woods along the river that I know the dear bed down in. Well I got out there at the crack of light and laid right down prone on one of the beet piles. Within about 10 minutes my gut started rumbling. I held out for a few hoping it would pass but it soon became apparent that if I didn't immediately start booking for the truck I was going to have a problem. So I got up and of course three does were within 35-40 yds of me in the field to my right (never saw them lol) they boogied out. I make it back to the truck but at this point I realize I am not going to make it home! So in conclusion I left my own cowpie in the field. lol.

When I was in first grade, I was out on the playground and had to go. They wouldn't let me. I showed them. I went anyway (thought is was just gas at first but it ended up getting messy in a hurry - no dropped trousers either) Somehow I thought I could go the rest of the day without anyone noticing...I guess a lot like Joe Cain showing up to talk at a hearing reeking of burnt weed. I got sent home early and didn't hear another word about it until one of my classmates brought it up in a speech for high school graduation. During graduation rehearsal, the HS principal asked me if I was OK with that. I said, "Well, it's true, so why would I care?" Life is a lot better when we don't take ourselves too seriously.