Cannabis Cures Cancer

Here mezz, take a look at this. The 5 year survival rate, for all cancers combined, in the US in 2007 was 68%. Now, granted some cancers are not treated with chemo so if you took those out of the result it would be lower than 68%. But it sure as heck isn't 3%.

http://www.google.co...QNp_XSSMCvaQtVQ

The question isn't the survival rate, it's the contribution of chemotherapy to the survival rate, estimated in a 2004 Australian study to be 2.1%. That means chemo is responsible for only 2.1% of the surviving cancer patients.

Edited by MightyMightyMezz

The question isn't the survival rate, it's the contribution of chemotherapy to the survival rate, estimated in a 2004 Australian study to be 2.1%. That means chemo is responsible for only 2.1% of the surviving cancer patients.

We can argue the percentages but we have to agree they have proven chemotherapy cures cancer, to some extent.

The question isn't the survival rate, it's the contribution of chemotherapy to the survival rate, estimated in a 2004 Australian study to be 2.1%. That means chemo only helped 2.1% of the surviving cancer patients.

NO KIDDING! The chemo from the clinical trials only helped 2.1%. How do you not get this? The patients in this study were already at least 1 time losers with chemo so they were put into a clinical trial. Then the chemo given for the clinical trial only saved 2.1% to, and beyond, the 5 year mark. So the people for whom first line chemo treatment didn't work were given a 2nd chance at a new chemo to participate in a clinical trial. Of the 1 time losers 2.1% survived to 5 years.

Excuse me while I bang my head against the wall.

NO KIDDING! The chemo from the clinical trials only helped 2.1%. How do you not get this? The patients in this study were already at least 1 time losers with chemo so they were put into a clinical trial. Then the chemo given for the clinical trial only saved 2.1% to, and beyond, the 5 year mark. So the people for whom first line chemo treatment didn't work were given a 2nd chance at a new chemo to participate in a clinical trial. Of the 1 time losers 2.1% survived to 5 years.

Excuse me while I bang my head against the wall.

If that is true, how much does chemo contribute in "first-line" treatment to five-year survival?

I wouldn't say a 2 percent overall contribution is anywhere close to a cure. You really would?

Again, it isn't a 2% contribution. I suggest you reread the exchange here because I'm not going to continue banging my head against the wall. I could say the same things 20 times and you still won't get it. This isn't me spinning anything. This isn't me making things up. I read the same journal article that you did and I have no clue how you walked away with the conclusion you did unless you just don't understand what you are reading. Which, apparently you don't. If you did then you would have understood from the beginning what a clinical trial is and how it impacts the research done for the article.

I think most people can understand things here and for the few (or you) who don't I no longer see it as my job to spoon feed. At first I thought you were being obtuse but it has become apparent that you don't understand basic things in that article. I'm not going to teach you.

Again, it isn't a 2% contribution. I suggest you reread the exchange here because I'm not going to continue banging my head against the wall. I could say the same things 20 times and you still won't get it. This isn't me spinning anything. This isn't me making things up. I read the same journal article that you did and I have no clue how you walked away with the conclusion you did unless you just don't understand what you are reading. Which, apparently you don't. If you did then you would have understood from the beginning what a clinical trial is and how it impacts the research done for the article.

I think most people can understand things here and for the few (or you) who don't I no longer see it as my job to spoon feed. At first I thought you were being obtuse but it has become apparent that you don't understand basic things in that article. I'm not going to teach you.

Answer my question then, XXXXXXX What's the overall contribution to survival of first line treatment?

Edited by mibrains
removed personal attack

Answer my question then, fool. What's the overall contribution to survival of first line treatment?

I don't need to answer your question. All I need to do is point out that the theory you were pushing is complete bunk.

Parenthetically, you are hardly in a position to be calling anyone a fool here.

As for your question, can you anser it? No. Does your referenced article answer it? No. Is there really anyway for anyone to answer it? Not without a control group of patients that are not given the standard of care treatment. What we can answer is how many people make the 5 year mark now as opposed to pre 1950 before the development of the cytotoxic drugs. Furthermore we can point to CT scans that show tumor shrinkage and elimination during chemo. That doesn't answer the question but then neither does your study. Chemo drugs are approved by the FDA once they can prove effectiveness. That means they eliminated or reduced a cancer in a clinical trial and patients were better off than their counterparts who did not take part in the clinical trial. So that is a partial answer to you as well. But there is absolute answer. So what?