Mich. Supreme Court Justice Charged With Fraud

bobandtorey

DETROIT (AP) - Michigan Supreme Court Justice Diane Hathaway has been charged with bank fraud just a few days before quitting the state's highest court.

The charge was filed Friday and titled as a criminal "information," which means a guilty plea is expected in federal court.

Hathaway is resigning Monday, months after a series of suspicious real estate transactions were revealed. The government says Hathaway and her husband deeded a Florida home to a relative while trying to negotiate a short sale on a house they couldn't afford in suburban Detroit.

When the sale went through, the Windermere, Fla., home went back in their names.

Her attorney, Steve Fishman, declined to comment Saturday.

Hathaway quietly filed retirement papers with the state on Dec. 20. Her last day as a justice is Monday.

http://www.wwmt.com/shared/newsroom/top-stories/stories/wwmt_mich-supreme-court-justice-charged-fraud-7199.shtml?wap=0&

i'm curious why she didnt just leave that house in her daughters name ?

might have even gotten away with it if she did that.

i am also curious to see all of the details.

i'm guessing the banks werent 100% innocent in this affair either.

i am also curious to see all of the details. Me to but we will ever know all of them