Top Worst Answers From Patients To Their Lawyers

t-pain

as requested on planet green trees... lets try to come up with some bad answers.

some from the show:

1. i got my cert from high times cannabis cup

2. we grow in the same room

3. i dont know my doctors name

lets try to use this thread for patients to have the correct/best answers instead of these bad answers.

4. i was smoking while driving

5. my doctor doesnt have my previous medical records

6. i havent been to a doctor in 10 years, except to get my cert

Yes I had 178 plants, but I grew them from seeds and half must be males and they don't count, right?

Honest to God, I had to deal with that one 2 years ago.

And my personal favorite, I renewed by mail after I got a post card. Variation, I saw the lady at the clinic and she was taking my stuff to the doctor in a couple of days.

Dr. Bob

Edited by Dr. Bob

the police said i could go home if i signed a confession. they didnt read me my miranda rights and they didnt have a warrant. they said they'd go easy on me if i confessed.

i think thats the big one. people dont know the police can lie to them. how is that fair? thats not fair.

the police said i could go home if i signed a confession. they didnt read me my miranda rights and they didnt have a warrant. they said they'd go easy on me if i confessed.

i think thats the big one. people dont know the police can lie to them. how is that fair? thats not fair.

Very true the police can lie to you.. Everyone should know this. police can tell you whatever they wan't, true or not. police will tell one lie after another until they get the response they want. They also exaggerate and flat out lie on police reports. It's best to take the 5th and not answer any questions or talk to the police at all, let your attorney talk for you.

It was jokes in fun, but this one is serious. So true and so fatal to a deft who cannot conceive that the cops might LIE.

It really cost the Duval family who did flip-and-rolls to cooperate and ended up trapped.

Edited by pic book

Dear Dr Bob,if a pt tells you that they are a legal MMJ pt,can they then tell you NOT to note it in your medical records? Thank You.

Good question. No you don't have to, but may be called upon to answer for it if it was significant. Only time will tell if it is significant.

I routinely don't record certain details- cheating spouses, illegal marijuana use, etc If something was material to the medical condition being addressed, example using meth with a heart condition, the doctor could be questioned if they didn't address it in the record, but it could be shown they were aware of it.

Doctor are under no obligation to edit their records to conform with a patient's request, any more than a patient can dictate what medications are prescribed. It all goes into the calculus the doctor uses to write the note and make decisions.

Dr. Bob

I think he thinks he has pt/dr confidentiality, but if a pt gets hit, they can subpena the dr. as a witness to the cert process, correct?!?

answer to a lawyers question, were you medicating in the car, answer yes but i was not driving and it is private property!

Peace

Jim

Well if Jim is right in what you are asking, yes the court can get a doctor's records. Always has been that way. And if you are charged with a crime or suing someone for an injury or malpractice, you records are also available to the court if they are shown to have bearing on the case.

For example if you sue a doc for malpractice, you wont be asked to release your records so the doctor can use them to defend him/herself. You raised the question, you released the records.

In a marijuana case, you are releasing your records because you are citing a medical excuse based on those records. It is up to you to prove it. Don't want them released, don't raise the question.

Dr. Bob

Edited by Dr. Bob