Issues Remain With Medical Marijuana Law

Mike Arney

Police and prosecutors throughout Michigan are still struggling with issues related to the enforcement of the state's medical marijuana law. Berrien County Prosecutor Art Cotter spent a good deal of time Thursday morning talking with a committee of the Berrien County Board of Commissioners about the law, which voters passed in 2008. Commissioner Mack Elliott says there have been a lot of unintended consequences.

Listen:

Elliott says the ballot proposal was worded to get people to believe they would be approving medical marijuana for those who were in severe pain or chronically ill. He says regulations have been lax and unenforced, leading to the state having the second-highest number of medical marijuana patients in the nation and nearly five-times more than in all of Canada.

http://www.wsjm.com/Issues-Remain-With-Medical-Marijuana-Law/15800408

Edited by maxmax

Theres always problems with laws if you don't agree with them or believe in them its like the guy your daughters dating i never approved of any kid my child brought here now pass a law that conflicts with your beliefs i think you see my point no matter how the law is destroyed Michigan politicians and those in other states will not be satisfied until the laws overturned thats the only thing that will make them accept a voter initiative total reversal of the law.