Medical Marijuana

Hello Everyone,

I am currently working on a graphic design project dealing with medical marijuana. I'm attending a school that doesn't know much about this topic.

I want the students to be medically aware of marijuana and positive and negative sides to this drug. I want the students to hear first hand experiences of those who have received medical marijuana treatment.

If anyone can post their opinions, first hand knowledge, or anything. That would be great.

Thank you

What? A graphic design project? How do you intend to incorporate "first hand experiences" with medical marijuana into a graphic design project?

The possibilities boggle my mind. Posters and Beatles albums from the 60's and 70's are dancing in my brain.

Here's my first hand experience: The stuff either makes you feel so good that you forget about your pain, or it freaks you out so much that you pretty much forget about all of your mere mortal problems. Either way, it changes your attitude towards life and your place in it at the moment. It heightens your awareness of everything in the world. - and I mean everything. There is such an increased level of awareness, that the mind is no longer concerned with those nagging pains in the body. There is just too much other stuff going on to waste time dwelling on pain. There are days when I feel like I just don't want to move because every movement causes pain. I take a few puffs of marijuana and fifteen minutes to 1/2 hour later I am willing to claw my way through any discomfort just to be able to participate in the world. Participation in life becomes an overriding concern and a comfort.

Marijuana has helped make it possible to taper off prescription opiates.. well ALL prescriptions for that matter.

I helped me get over my nicotine addiction as well..(55 days)

It helps me forget about how much pain I'm in at any given time, and when I can feel my pain I know that if I use MM I will abruptly forget that I was in pain just moments before .

Marijuana helps me with my anxiety tremendously,  some days you would never know I suffer from agoraphobia..

The negitives of MM, police, court, jail, lose your second amendment rights.. basically its still illegal. Once we fix that I think I can live a normal(er) life.. without fear of arrest or stereotype.

Good luck on your project, Its a tremendously helpful herb and it deserves a positive write up.

Trix
:bong2:

@chauncey: you havent seen an infographic before?

its a popular internet informative image.

get ready to scroll down!

note that not all of these are scientifically accurate.

10-benefits-medical-marijuana-infographi

medical-marijuana_50290c0358501.jpg

Marijuana-Infographic-cb1325788781.jpg

GROWING-MEDICAL-INFOGRAPHIC.jpg

marijuana-on-the-brain.gif

@justina: medical marijuana can relieve my headache in about 5 minutes vs waiting 1hr for aspirin to start taking effect.

Edited by t-pain

@chauncey: you havent seen an infographic before?

its a popular internet informative image.

get ready to scroll down!

note that not all of these are scientifically accurate.

10-benefits-medical-marijuana-infographi

medical-marijuana_50290c0358501.jpg

Marijuana-Infographic-cb1325788781.jpg

GROWING-MEDICAL-INFOGRAPHIC.jpg

marijuana-on-the-brain.gif

@justina: medical marijuana can relieve my headache in about 5 minutes vs waiting 1hr for aspirin to start taking effect.

WOW! great info

i agree back before our Law we all wanted Tax and Regulation because their where nothing else but now that we have had a taste of what we have now no one wants to go back to that

i also agree that we should be writing another Law for Legalization but we need to work on replacing the money that Leo's/and city's will loos 

And Taxing it for the people that grow wont work any ways people are not going to tell the Tax man i grew X amount in my basement here's your Tax $$

Really?

Considering your almost 7700 posts attacking leo, this statement smacks "Double Minded"....No?

If cannabis were legal, I would have zero fear of LEO.. So would a Lot of otherwise law abiding cannabis users.

I do not think it double speak at all.

The drug war has brought military grade weapons and tactics to our police forces. That is not what we need. Ending prohibition can and will help fix this, but they will still need jobs after the war is over.

If cannabis were legal, I would have zero fear of LEO.. So would a Lot of otherwise law abiding cannabis users.

I do not think it double speak at all.

The drug war has brought military grade weapons and tactics to our police forces. That is not what we need. Ending prohibition can and will help fix this, but they will still need jobs after the war is over.

I  agree completely...maybe leo can start going after the wall st and energy and war criminals that infest the GOP

We the People are taking our country back.....Michigan Go Blue 2014

.VOTE all fknrepublicans out 2014

Free the Weed       Legalization  without Regulation

Edited by beourbud

Have you ever told people you used medical marijuana? Also what were their reactions?

The only people that I discuss marijuana use with is other marijuana users. That is a lot of people for me. I do not discuss my marijuana use with anyone who seems even the slightest bit swayed by the propaganda spewed out by prohibitionists. For the most part these people seem to already have their mind made up about marijuana and anything that I say won't sway them. If they know I use marijuana, they would view my statements as coming from a person who is "under the influence of marijuana" and that its use somehow doesn't allow me to be objective about it. I choose just to not get involved in the conversation other than to direct people to information available on the internet so they can make up their own mind. I suspect that some people who are in favor of legalization/decriminalization still view marijuana with suspicion. They only want to stop the war on drugs solely to stop throwing money at a problem that seems immune to law enforcement. I really view these people with suspicion. I think they look at marijuana use as some sort of mental illness that needs to be treated.

Edited by Chauncy Gardner