Operation Education Will Be Getting Off The Ground At Greater Clare Area Compassion Club

We are happy to announce that we will be seeking Non-profit status for Operation Education. We currently have a legal team working on this now. For those who are not familiar with Operation Education, it is a platform to educate the masses regarding the benefits of Medical Cannabis, as well as dispel the negative PR that has been presented to the masses for the past 80 years. Goals include reaching out to lawmakers, promoting legitimate research (without the back door funding by big pharma, textile, petrol, and chemical companies), and fighting for safe access to medicine for all.

With a strong showing in both member numbers and funding, we intend to be a force that our lawmakers can not ignore. Stay tuned as we work on the legal back end with full disclosure and regulations necessary to operate as a 501©(3) educational organization. Would you like to serve on the board? Would you like to be part of this ground-breaking endeavor? Come to our next Compassion Club Meeting at 411 W. 5th Street,  July 6th 12-PM-2PM. I know its a holiday weekend, and we will also be discussing this further on the July 20th meeting as well, but the time to put words into action is now, and what better way to celebrate Independence Day Weekend than to work for your rights to freedom?

Let this be known. All financial details will be fully disclosed per regulations associated with operating as a 501©(3) non-profit organization. There will be absolutely no "mystery money" or soft financial costs not recorded. EVERYTHING will be accounted for. This is the opportunity so many of us have been looking for. People working together for a common goal. We look forward to all of your hard work, expertise, passion, and spirit! 

In solidarity,

The members of GCACC and Operation Education

I personally do not think safe access means dispensaries...I think it means a right to cultivate your own medicine despite your personal background, not being overbearing as many local law enforcement agencies are, or by not giving in to scare tactics that lawmakers try to use based on fear and inaccurate superstitions. its all about educating people so medical cannabas patents are not being treated like the boogyman, and they can have amounts that are indicative to their need. (For example RSO manufacture requires more than the 2.5 oz allowed by the MMMP). This is all just one opinion (mine), and it will take a whole group of people to decide on whats appropriate in our cause. If you would like to be part of that MAL, please come by to our meetings. 

As for a direct answer regarding dispensaries, MY personal opinion is there isn't a need outside of convenience. Caregivers would be much more plentiful if the laws and enforcement of these laws were relaxed when it pertains to them. There is no legal mechanism for people to obtain clones to start their own garden (caregiver to patient is legal, but where do the caregivers get theirs?) Perhaps a medical patient to patient approach would be appropriate in this instance; something not for profit maybe? These are just my personal beliefs, but I'm really not looking for a debate on this topic, as it does not pertain to the cause of Operation Education. Operation Education is more geared towards factual info regarding medical marijuana, and to loosen the grip big pharma and other strongly entrenched organizations have on the propaganda machine. Our etching away of medical marijuana laws has more to do with the grip of:

Big Pharma

Petroleum Co's

Law enforcement agencies and unions

Prison Unions

Textile Co's

Paper Co's

Chemical Co's

and food seed conglomerates (could you imagine a protein base for livestock feed that would rival soybeans?)

These are the organizations who sway your senators and representatives. It would sure be nice to hold them accountable with factual information through education. 

The "dispensary or no dispensary fight" is small potatoes compared to what needs to be done in my opinion. How are we going to even bring up things like that when a large portion of the population think Marijuana can kill you, or is a gateway drug to Heroin? How about all the people who DO know better but spread lies for personal financial gain? Lets educate the public, so they can demand support from their health care providers, police, and lawmakers!

I think Zap is referring to GCACC obtaining non profit status, then having a conflict with fed laws...(correct me if Im wrong) Just to be clear GCACC is not looking to obtain Non Profit status, and will continue to hold to the policy of no exchange of cash for any endeavors we take on. Operation Education will be a separate endeavor, which will be obtaining non profit status. GCACC is allowing an area for Operation Education to assemble, work, and hold operations. It's an endeavor that GCACC members can participate in or not, their choice.

Good for you guys GCACC!

Don't let the paranoid shut ins get you down! :goodjob:

Yes!!!   Some of the best news I've heard in a very long time.

Sounds like you guys at GCACC have your stuff together and your priorities right. 

Education is what 'cannabis' needs...and the more the better.

Congratulations and many thanks!!!

I think Zap is referring to GCACC obtaining non profit status, then having a conflict with fed laws...(correct me if Im wrong) Just to be clear GCACC is not looking to obtain Non Profit status, and will continue to hold to the policy of no exchange of cash for any endeavors we take on. Operation Education will be a separate endeavor, which will be obtaining non profit status. GCACC is allowing an area for Operation Education to assemble, work, and hold operations. It's an endeavor that GCACC members can participate in or not, their choice.

Zap is a smart guy. Let him answer for himself. Otherwise you appear to be disingenuous by trying to put words in his mouth.

My understanding is that 501©(3) organizations may not educate patients and caregivers about growing medical marijuana.

I was advised, when we created a compassion club, to leave anything and everything regarding cannabis out of the text of the application for business status by a woman with the Secretary of State's Office. I am unaware that our efforts were in any way illegal, and included growing discussion and instruction.

You merely applied for a state non profit. Fill out a few pieces of paper make a board send in bylaws with your $20 and it is done. :-)

Federal Non Profit is a much larger process and requires much higher scrutiny much more extensive paperwork and founding documents and serious guidelines from which to remain qualified. 

Zap is a smart guy. Let him answer for himself. Otherwise you appear to be disingenuous by trying to put words in his mouth.

It appears I was correct on that. Teaching someone to grow is not something Operation Education will be doing, of course. We will however be trying to give cannabis a fair shake by showing powers that be some real data re medical marijuana, as well as get unbiased studies conducted. We need to provide a legitimacy to the movement. This line we take will allow us to obtain non-profit status. we have legal counsel, and will do what is right to be legal.

I understand peoples natural reaction to nay-say...I just say get involved and show up to a meeting before judgement is placed. 

Gee thanks. You can start with the transparency here and now. Who are the principals to this point? Will you name names please?

GregS- I have no desire to cater to your belittling tone. Not going to do it. Come to a meeting...principals will be announced as they are formed. We are purely facilitating the formation and legal strategy at this point. I will got get into any tit-for-tat with anyone in here. Im not interested in non-productive energy being spent.

Knowing the guy that started operation education personally, I'd be happy to help with educational material and to put some of your programs up on the website.  I've spoken with him a number of times and 'dispensary' never came up.  Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.  I think this goes right along with the GCACC's agenda of education and fellowship.

Couple of suggestions.  Mal offered his input, take him up on it, he will help.  Don't worry about GregS or his various personas, he is harmless, but don't let him distract from your content.  This is the same guy that keeps demanding my CV, work history, and a blood sample.  That is just his thing.

Dr. Bob

Edited by Dr. Bob

GregS- I have no desire to cater to your belittling tone. Not going to do it. Come to a meeting...principals will be announced as they are formed. We are purely facilitating the formation and legal strategy at this point. I will got get into any tit-for-tat with anyone in here. Im not interested in non-productive energy being spent.

So much for transparency.

Oh well.

I more than welcome legitimate efforts to move the issues ahead. Efforts with apparent hidden agendas and people do not meet that standard. What is B*B's involvement?  Who are you please?

Your premises appear sound. I like them. It is not too much to vette an organization before becoming involved. Or is it?

Edited by GregS

I'm good with pot shops only  if it doesn't affect caregivers and patients growing rights but  I'm   afraid that if and when they do get implemented that they will then say nobody can grow within a 30 mile radius of the dispensary..

Agree 100%.  Put up all the dispensaries wanted or needed as long as a patient keeps the right to grow for themselves or have a caregiver do it for them, EVEN if the patient lives right next door to a dispensary.