Strains For Sleep

I've been doing some research to find a good strain or two for sleep. Leafly has three that look good... Butterscotch, Jupiter OG, and Purple Urkle. I'm looking for strains whose primary effect is 'sleepy'. It seems that the BS and Jupiter OG are clone only, and I found one site that sells BS seeds, but it's $89, which is a tad steep. Does anyone here have or know were I can get any of these strains (to grow, not to buy an oz)? Thanks.

I've been doing some research to find a good strain or two for sleep. Leafly has three that look good... Butterscotch, Jupiter OG, and Purple Urkle. I'm looking for strains whose primary effect is 'sleepy'. It seems that the BS and Jupiter OG are clone only, and I found one site that sells BS seeds, but it's $89, which is a tad steep. Does anyone here have or know were I can get any of these strains (to grow, not to buy an oz)? Thanks.

I had some stuff called magic merlin it's rare to come by and cant find seeds except Canada and they dont ship to usa. How ever it starts out a head high after about 20 min though you you can't get off the couch or keep your eyes open.

Also the urkle I didnt make me the slightest sleepy.

Also seems as the OGs put me down every time.

Thanks for the responses. For whatever reason my strains don't want to produce much amber. I've let strains go 10 weeks without seeing much amber. How much longer than 8 weeks do you guys tend to go to get enough amber? What about the danger of hermies with letting them go long? I've been told that increases the chances that will happen. Thoughts?

A 1 oz shot of Absolut and 5 mgs of Valium.

:P I have ambien, but don't want to take it much since after about 4 nights of it, I can't sleep at all without it. Of course, I can't sleep without mmj either, but I'll take that over ambien anytime. I bet your technique works though! 

Thanks for the responses. For whatever reason my strains don't want to produce much amber. I've let strains go 10 weeks without seeing much amber. How much longer than 8 weeks do you guys tend to go to get enough amber? What about the danger of hermies with letting them go long? I've been told that increases the chances that will happen. Thoughts?

:P I have ambien, but don't want to take it much since after about 4 nights of it, I can't sleep at all without it. Of course, I can't sleep without mmj either, but I'll take that over ambien anytime. I bet your technique works though! 

I know what you mean with the "takes forever to get amber" statement. I recently tried some stuff that I have held over (cured) since last April. I believe that it has a more pronounced body effect than it did when it was fresh. I think I read somewhere that THC breaks down to CBD after about 6 months of cure. I think that the rate of breakdown increases rapidly after the first 6 months also. So an alternative to letting the glands go amber "on the vine" may be to let it cure for more than 6 months?

I know what you mean with the "takes forever to get amber" statement. I recently tried some stuff that I have held over (cured) since last April. I believe that it has a more pronounced body effect than it did when it was fresh. I think I read somewhere that THC breaks down to CBD after about 6 months of cure. I think that the rate of breakdown increases rapidly after the first 6 months also. So an alternative to letting the glands go amber "on the vine" may be to let it cure for more than 6 months?

Yeah, I don't know what's up with that. Strain? Environment? The only amber I've ever seen has been on the sugar leaves, not on the buds. I typically use Purple Kush to help me sleep, so maybe I'll try letting that go long to see what happens. 

Interesting thought on letting the cure go long. Maybe I'll sprinkle some buds on my sidewalk and let the sun do it real fast :lol: Actually, I just remembered that I have some Snowcap (supposed to be the indica pheno) that has been in my fridge for over a year. I think I'll try that tonight and see what happens.

I run Free Leonard (G13 x Butterscotch Hawaiin) to 25% amber and it puts me to sleep every time.  Yes, running them longer does increase the likelihood of hermies, and in the case of Free Leonard - which isn't 100% stable to start with - I do get nanners with some consistency, but it's worth it for the results.  I've had chronic insomnia for 25 years, and I've been on Ambien before, so I know where you're at.

Whether or not a strain can go amber depends not only on it's genetics, but how it's grown.   I used to grow Purple Kush organically in soil and had no trouble getting her to turn amber, but when I switched to hydro she stopped.  I can take her to 12 weeks and she'll be 100% cloudy but not a single amber trich.  Still great meds, but it no longer has the knockout punch that it used to have.

An alternative to finding the "killer strain" is changing from smoking/vaping to medibles.  This will have more impact on marijuana's effects than what strain it is or how it's grown.

BTW, if memory serves correctly, THC breaks down to CBN, not CBD.

Edited by MrShpongle