Kevin Sabet Was In Town Thursday.

t-pain

“The Truth & Consequences of Marijuana & Youth” featuring Kevin Sabet, internationally-known speaker and drug policy expert … parents, educators, and other community leaders are encouraged to attend Thursday, October 10, 5:30 – 8:00 p.m. at Oakland Intermediate Schools, 2111 Pontiac Lake Road, Waterford, 48328. Cost is $10 which includes a boxed meal. Space is limited and pre-registration is required at http://www.achcmi.org/ . This program is sponsored by Oakland Schools and Oakland County Health Division/Office of Substance Abuse Services.

My 1st. introduction to drugs were my dads darvocet, then I experimented with hallucinogenics inc. peyote, some opium, alcohol... then one day I was gifted a joint of Colombian Gold.  Cannabis was the end, not the beginning... I knew I was really on to something.

Luckily I am not what would be considered an addictive personality...

but...

cigarettes are what has had a death hold on me, not weed.  I can walk way from cannabis and have several times in my life for various reasons w/ out any withdrawals/ neg side effects. 

Whew... no one wants to be around me when I try giving up the tobacco though.

I suppose I am just preaching to the choir here and most if not all of us here know what this man spouts are lies.

I notice that he references nothing to back up his lies either.

imo, he is just trying to make a name for himself.  Since the greater % of people are now advocates for cannabis use... he just needed to find a niche where there were less folks and he would stand out.  Well, it is a theory anyway :)

edit: spelling

Edited by imiubu

I was a Social Drinker. Mixin Hi-Balls n passin em around, waitin on dat tip, & n empty glass! before 9!

only pills we had back then was aspirin. 'Tranquilizers' didn't come out 'till the 60's, I think...  

One theme remains the same "It's a BIG F Business"

no one wants to be around me when I try giving up the tobacco though.

Have you tried the Patches? Worked for me! Tobacco free 20+ yrs
agreed it was the most difficult vice... Good Luck LL :mom: !

Edited by solabeirtan

I was a Social Drinker. Mixin Hi-Balls n passin em around, waitin on dat tip, & n empty glass! before 9!

only pills we had back then was aspirin. 'Tranquilizers' didn't come out 'till the 60's, I think...  

One theme remains the same "It's a BIG F Business"

Yer old sola! LOL, jk :D

I spent a great many years as a 'social drinker', and a great amount of those times are lost in a drunken haze :P

I agree; One theme remains the same "It's a BIG F Business"