Cg 2.5 Oz Limit

Miki D.

You man not have more than 2.5oz per patient ever. They catch you with 71 grams and you're going to jail, and you're not able to use the medical marihuana as defense because you violated the act. It's pure madness but it is how it's being handled. Grow smaller plants until you have more patients, or harvest it a bit at a time, I don't want to be the test subject but if it's still on the plant it's not useable but as I'm sure you know you don't have much of a window for that without it being fully dried out unless you have a real good handle on your drying room environment

Yes 2.5 ounces on hand per card you can possess up to 15 ounces with 5 cards + yourself having a patient card trust me I know all too well the trials and tribulations of staying within legal weight limits before they outlawed p2p transfers it was simplistic because I could freely give it away to anyone with a card now that's not an option .

If it's still on the stem it's considered plant? but does that mean you have to hang the whole plant upside down and dry it intact as one plant and cut off up to 2 1/2 oz.  as needed or can you cut it into say 10 branches and hang them on a line and take it off the individual branches and weigh up to 2 1/2 oz. as needed?  And if you have 12 plants and cut one down to dry, you can't take another cutting or start another plant until that one hanging is cut off the stem and counted as usable material?  It seems this way you could have up to 12 plants hanging and can't start another till one of those plants is cut off the stem and deemed usable.

Edited by Norby

the police and prosecutors will count it in the worst way possible.

thats how people get charged with 80 'plants' in the garbage.

or with '50 pounds' of marijuana, because they weigh the stems and wet, even if the law says usable is dried (or a mixture).

the unusable nonlimit vs usable limit has not been tried in the courts, so theres no definite legal way to figure it out yet.

theres been some small court cases. with conflicting results.

for example, a case of a caregiver transporting wet branches to his patient to dry at the patients house.

read the excellent report of the case in this thread http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/42504-komorn-law-pllc-14-pound-medical-marihuana-case-dismissed-pursuant-to-section-8-of-the-mmma/

a theory that you hang your whole plant (including some roots) to dry, to avoid having more 'plants'.

the theory that once you hang it, its not a plant, so you can grow another.

theory of the multi tiered harvest. harvest one bud at a time. 

theory of leaving the plant to dry, in the dirt.

theory of leaving the bud attached to the stem, since the law says something about stems cannot be included. therefor they can not tamper with evidence and remove bud from stem to weigh it.

good luck. ask a lawyer. ask your represenative. ask your local cops, sherrif, county cops, etc.

I don't do the whole chop and hang because of this and I haven't noticed and ill effects. You don't need 12 plants at all for one patient, I grow 2 or 3 a patient and that's plenty to harvest one every 3 or 4 weeks, I let them veg for a while and get a decent amount but only a couple plants with a two big lamps. I take them out and put them in the dark and still give a light water to keep them from drying, humidity is around 65% so they don't dry or cure fully and I take branches off as I need. Someone needs some take a branch down, let take some out of the cured meds, start curing this and by time someone needs what I just took down it'll be cured. I'm not sure if what I do is fully legal but it's the best way I can figure, I don't worry about starting a new plant because I only have 4 or 5 in the flower room at a time and 6-10 in the veg tent with 4 cards including mine so I'm well under what I can have and still make it work. I don't use much at all, less than a gram a night and my patients are right around a gram a day so we don't need a ton of production. Until laws change I'm keeping it like this. If i start to build up I will give it to my patients and allow them to pay as they can if they owe me anything so we all have it spread out and everyone is legal 

When I interview a patient I make sure we are clear about expected usage. I run a tight ship and have no room for tomfoolery. If they tell me they need 2.5 ounces per month of freshly dried medical grade cannabis, at the ready always, and a selection of at least 5 strains, I always grow the full 12 for them , in a perpetual type of garden. Delivery dates are predetermined, and nothing but the best leaves here.

I harvest close to what we will all need next week. I follow the Jorge Cervantes growing and drying parameters and it never failed. My girls dry outside of the grow rooms but inside a full closet grow tent, complete with controlled dehumidifier, ac, fans,  activated carbon filters, and constant air exchange. I use the hanging net basket thingy, with a scale at the top inside the walk in drying room. When 75% of the weight is gone, the sticks will snap, and its ready for package, jar, or storage. It happens within one week of drying every time, like Jorge said it would.  I don't store or use any trim, my bunnies get that, and any other wasted stock. 

Together with the wet weight and the product on hand I'm able to keep it under 15 oz always. Its a juggle, but it is possible. A solid patient registry is a must !

Good patients can make or break a caregiver. I grow in my sleep, the real work is patient management.