3 Comments Judge Sentences Medical Marijuana Dispensary Owner, Says Law Is 'one Of The Worst' David Overholt In A Photo Taken Earlier This Year, Wit

Umm, I think you have made some incorrect assumptions. Felons can get medical cards, but they can't be caregivers. The law clearly states that paperwork is equivalent to a card if the card or a denial has not been received within 20 days.

lara's site plain out states that the cops dont have to accept paper work.. period, and to wait for your card..

Question: What do I do between the time I sent my application to the MMP and when it is 
approved or denied? 
Answer: Once it has been 20 business days since the date the check or money order has been cashed, (if the 
patient has not received a certified letter of denial from the State) then in most cases, the patient (and if a 
caregiver was designated on the application) has been approved. Pursuant to the Michigan Medical Marihuana 
Act and Administrative Rules, the copy of the application is deemed a valid registration card until the card is 
received. The patient (and if a caregiver was designated on the application) should receive their registry ID 
cards within approximately 60 days.
Please be aware that not all law enforcement will accept a copy of the application and you may consider 
waiting until the registry ID card is received or seek legal counsel before you proceed to obtain medicinal 
marihuana.

Isn't it interesting that the police can decide what laws they choose to enforce or ignore? We(the people) have become so oppressed that there is no outcry as the legislature and executive branches conspire to strip us of our rights. They can accept a copy of paperwork for drivers license, id, etc. but not our paperwork. Just my .02.

"Please be aware that not all law enforcement will accept a copy of the application and you may consider 

waiting until the registry ID card is received or seek legal counsel before you proceed to obtain medicinal 
marihuana."

Regards,
C