Issues With Caregiver.

well I already am in the procees of deciding who will be my new caregiver. and as for malamute. no I mean he is not doing what we talked about in our agreed upon situation. I have called him several times and no call back. just causes lots of issues because I had everything set to so I wouldn't be without meds. now theres is going to be a lag in-between getting a caregiver and having medicine. you would think there was something out there to protect patients from greedy caregivers.   

I would imagine if he's not providing you with meds, he is also not collecting a donation from you. Can you expound on his "greediness" ?

Whenever I hear stories like this I'm reminded of the newbie grower, the one with no stock, and some flowering plants. While they

watch their garden and begin to imagine more plants, they sign up patients with a promise of being ready in "x" time.

On harvest day he realizes his meds are subpar/under expected weight, and chooses to supply himself, or maybe his "highest bidder", like a dispensary, instead of his patients.  His original patients are subsequently shilled, for the plant count, until he can get his garden schedule on point.

It becomes clear to the patient applicant that before registering with a caregiver he should be comfortable with the potential cg status, garden production, and garden habits. He should ask where "overages" go", what harvesting schedule is in place, and when will supply be ready. If any of those are not clear answers, at any time during registration or before, coupled with "no answers" and avoidance, the patient should move on at once.  These types of growers are a disgrace to our craft and I'm sorry you had to experience one.

I require a 24 hour notice for a minimum delivery, and have never been without premium flowers to provide. I also require a scheduled monthly meeting, to discuss meds, ways to improve my service and products, medicine effectiveness, qualifying condition relief, new modes of use, etc. Most patients use this date to accept their monthly delivery. I "pad" each strain with an additional 25% weight/equivalent, of treats, flowers, future samples, etc. I find proper provision must be a two part agreement, between caregiver and patient to assure all expectations are met. I don't compromise in an interview, or with a patient. When my previously discussed expectations are not met, I replace the patient, just as I would expect to be replaced if the patients' expectations are not being met.

No protections are offered to a caregiver when their patient states they need an ounce per week, and an incredible investment of time, energy, space and money are expended, only to find the patient requests an ounce per month, for thought.

good luck to you, and your future relationships.

peace

Edited by grassmatch

That's why I'm signing my first patient who only goes thru 1/4oz. a month.  10 days later I'll be looking for someone who uses a bit more as the second plant I put in is closer to 4oz..  It's hard to stay within the law and sign a heavy user or more than one user when you only have your 12 and 2 1/2 to start from.  Sounds like they didn't plan right.

That's why I'm signing my first patient who only goes thru 1/4oz. a month.  10 days later I'll be looking for someone who uses a bit more as the second plant I put in is closer to 4oz..  It's hard to stay within the law and sign a heavy user or more than one user when you only have your 12 and 2 1/2 to start from.  Sounds like they didn't plan right.

once you get your grow down ,you will see that your 12 plants will be plenty for a few pt's, (i guess that depends on your equipment and room) and having another pt's grow rights should help you with more clones and vegged plants so you can get a plant out of bud every few weeks or sooner, it depends on how you stagger your budding plants! If you can regularly get 4 to 6 zips from a plant you should have no prob taking care of you and another pt or 2, just wait till you are getting steady crop times, nobody can predict to the day when a plant is ready to crop, and than a few other things may happen, bugs, electricity out, root lock, dont count your eggs untill they are hatched, most realy good gardeners know how to get around certain problems, but all can be slowed down by some unseen or unexpected event!

Best of luck norby!

Peace

Thanks.

I shoulda said that better.  It's hard to plan on getting patients and growing the right size to supply when you can only start a perpetual harvest planning for yourself or you'll have overages if you don't get anyone(shoulda probably said that better too but you get the gist).  My first was put into flower with only 2 sets of leaves from seed.  I got 3 females and 1 male and destroyed 3 of them.  It'll be around an ounce and 1/2 dry as I didn't want to go over for just me.  The second was a feminized seed will be closer to 3-4 as I figured I'd have a patient by then.  I'm holding off on setting them in with a longer veg till I get patients or the medibles and dispensary bills get passed. The first patient is to be able to grow out a six pack of regulars and clone them to pick a winner.  Other patients plants come in handiest in the selection process.  Your right, depending on use 12 should be able to supply 4-6 and have overages if they aren't sensitive low yielders.

Edited by Norby

Not really.

ok  So your patients go thru 5 oz. every 10 days?  I didn't say that was including mothers.

Care to elaborate or do you just want to be argumentative?

Never mind, read your other posts this am and got my answer.  Have a nice day.

Edited by Norby