So, You Want To Open A Dispensary In Mi ?

trichcycler

Money wouldn't matter(enough to not loose money and have my farm), I'd do it if I didn't have a wife and mom to worry about embarassing or dragging their name thru the mud.  I'd just have to have money up front to cover legal fees that would keep me out of jail.  If i was rich I'd do it for the hell of it.

I would have to make enough, in a very short amount of time, to cover all future lawyer fees, and court fines, to avoid ANY jail time.

I respect Capitalism.  Buy at $200, sell at $400.  Great business model, for the dispensary owner(s).  Not so good for the Patients.

By contrast, "farmer's markets", help the Patients.  Overages go for $200, in many cases.

Either way, the farmer gets $200.  I would rather help other Patients in a G3C or Jackson type setting.  Every county should have a farmer's market.

*** These prices are not the views of the MMMA, or this website.  Just observations I have made over the past 4 years ***

I would have to make enough, in a very short amount of time, to cover all future lawyer fees, and court fines, to avoid ANY jail time.

I respect Capitalism.  Buy at $200, sell at $400.  Great business model, for the dispensary owner(s).  Not so good for the Patients.

By contrast, "farmer's markets", help the Patients.  Overages go for $200, in many cases.

Either way, the farmer gets $200.  I would rather help other Patients in a G3C or Jackson type setting.  Every county should have a farmer's market.

*** These prices are not the views of the MMMA, or this website.  Just observations I have made over the past 4 years ***

Right!

Why do we need a middle man anyway ?

I love the markets and feel that if 'provisioning centers' are now being seriously concidered by legislation,

so should the Farmers Market model be allowed.  If we have one model approved, why not both?

SSI currently pays just about $700 monthy.  How do patients on SSI OR someone collecting SSDI who

only worked low paying labor jobs, be able to afford $200 monthly for meds, let alone try to pay what these

for profit 1st. provisioning centers prices?  Insane imo.

I know how expensive, time consuming and labor intensive growing cannabis is.  I started with the bare minimum

possible and am keeping it simple... and I still don't know how I will actually afford to grow my own on SSDI.

I'm just wondering aloud & not trying an to start an argument or debate.

Why haven't the Farmers Market model even been discussed legislatively?  No money to lobby for such a bill maybe ?

So your saying that there are no rich patients out there, that dispensaries don't help patients because they charge money above what a caregiver might charge?  I think farmers markets might help people with more time than money but to say they don't help patients is misleading.  And patients do have the opportunity to appoint a caregiver and buy from them at reduced cost, don't they?  I agree there should be farmers markets too.

Edited by Norby

$7.14 a gram = $200 an oz.

------------------------------------------

Dispensary Pricing, by the gram:

$14 a gram = $392 an oz.

$15 a gram = $420 an oz.

$16 a gram = $448 an oz.

I know they pretty much have to charge that, due to: rent or lease, insurance, electric, gas, their time, employees .......

If a person is living on not much, all I was saying is a Caregiver or Farmer's Market is the way to go, short of growing themselves.

Dispensaries are great for people with more money.  Before my back surgery, when my wife and I used to make $56K, yes, I checked out some $18 a gram stuff.  Those days are gone for a lot of people on Disability.

Fact is, a lot of people receive a monthly check of $1,000, or less.  So, they need it for $200, or less.  Or, go without.  Worse, take more pills.

So, for a lot of people, a Farmer's Market or G3C model, is the best route.

If I lived in an area with more money, I might entertain opening a Dispensary.  Where I live now, opening a Farmer's Market would be more practical.

A lot of patients tell me they use a dispensary because it's difficult to find an

experienced cg to provide only a few grams a month. I admit I have minimum monthly

requirements in my garden registry.

I would welcome a legal farmers market in my city. What a perfect way to share info and genetics, often rare

or unobtainable elsewhere.