Caregiver Wants To Sign With Me - Legal?

baseballjunky

the internet has proven a safe place for patients to find me. Matter of fact, the internet is the only place I answer patient interview requests. There are potentially thousands of patient readers of this forum for instance. When one sees your grow habits, product descriptions, and suspect your personality is compatible with theirs, when they need a cg, they may reply to you. When you advertise online you invite people from all walks of life, from all the earth, from all ages, with all kinds of medical problems. The worst ones for me are alcohol and prescription addicts.

The very best patients in my registry have consistently been the over 40, retired/disabled/self employed, happily married home owners with grown children. I'd pay money to avoid contact with most others, but that's the way it goes. Hands down, the under 30 applicants have been nothing but trouble for me for more than 5 years. No shows, no respond, free weeders, alky's, harder drugs, broken relationships, rustled living arrangements, job losses, changing residency, etc. 

I find it worse to remove a patient after only a few months, than to never have registered them in the first place.

Growing medical marijuana is the easiest part of this craft. Managing patients is the real job. (imo)

Not trying to jump your thread here but in reading some of the replies I started thinking where is the safest place on-line to find patients?

I'm certainly not under the assumption that I'm 100 percent private. No such thing. For what its worth my grow isn't at my Addy on my dl either. Still a concern for my personal safety, so to that end you have a point. That would be why I used the anon tools during the screening process. I choose the patient I did because of his age, career and condition. I also paid a few bucks for a background check. Let's just say he has a vested interest in remaining discrete and securing an uninterrupted supply. He now has all my contact info but he or anyone that may find his card can Google all day long and they won't find my grow Addy.

Just an fyi....Kents hard bud....keep the d.l. going due to the regional population a d views.

Also...get some meds to your patient,stop at a compassion club meeting and network. ...good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought once a person signs with a cg they automatically give up their plant rights to the cg?

So I had a guy (who seams to be a stand up guy at face value) contact me today who is a caregiver that for various reasons is unable to keep up with his patient demands.  He wants to sign with me asap but keep his plant rights for himself.  He agreed to wait on any transfers until hard cards are in hand.  He would need help for at least the next 3-4 months.

I don't need his plant #'s to provide for him but I'm curious how that works out in terms of weight?  Am I able to harvest an additional 2.5oz for him monthly (staying under a total of 24 plants) and transfer legally to him assuming he does sign?  Currently I care for one patient and myself and grow perpetually, harvesting once per month.  With that said would I be able to then legally harvest up to 7.5oz per month if he signed?

At first I was like "not just no but HELL no!" but after discussing it for awhile with him I agreed (mostly out of pitty) to look into it further for him.  If this is one of those grey area things then I'm not interested at all but if it's legit I'll discuss it further with him.

Any and all comments are welcome.

No, there are boxes to check or uncheck on changes forms and applications. They are small and obscure, but they are there. I supply some patient without growing their plants often, like when they want to try growing, need plants, clones, seeds, and supply until theirs is ready.

I thought once a person signs with a cg they automatically give up their plant rights to the cg?

• 1 month later...

I suggest a person be smart and run.... but how would a caregiver ever even know that there patient was a caregiver without the guy telling you he was a caregiver? I have toyed with the idea of making every patient a caregiver for storage purposes now and provisionary delivery guys in the future (hb4271). 15 oz. every ten days times 6. but I don't want another COA case w my name on it. I would only do this with people I trusted then I would act like it is still illegal (because it may be)