Psychedelics In Mental Health Treatment Lsd, Mdma, Psilocybin

garyfisher

Tune in to National Public Radio (NPR) tomorrow—Thursday, October 2, at 11:00am EST—for a special segment of The Diane Rehm Show discussing psychedelics in mental health treatment. Guests will include:

• Tom Shroder, author of Acid Test: LSD, Ecstasy, and the Power to Heal and former Washington Post Magazine editor
  • Dr. Michael Mithoefer, psychiatrist and MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) researcher
  • Nicholas Blackston, former Marine, Iraq veteran, and MDMA-assisted psychotherapy study participant
  • Dr. James Giordano, scholar-in-residence and chief of the Neuroethics Studies Program at Georgeton University Medical Center

Plus, take a look at this outstanding review of Acid Test, written for the Washington Post by West Point graduate Gregory Crouch. "It's hard to imagine how our society can afford to ignore the powerful healing potential contained in such profoundly psychoactive drugs as LSD and MDMA," he writes.

If you can't listen in tomorrow morning, check out MAPS in the Media in a few days—we'll post the segment soon after it airs.

Here is the link to listen. http://thedianerehmshow.org/shows/2014-10-02/using-psychedelic-drugs-treat-mental-disorders

Click the top right button that says click to listen.

• 5 years later...

In my point of view, it is a bullsh*t. because using such thing you are just destroying your organism and that's all. I used it before and what do you think? Exactly nothing good. Better to use kratom, this thing is really helpful. From the moment I started to use it. Insomnia reduce, I forgot about depression and it's because of the kratom. My doctor prescribed be to use it and I am advising using to stop using some sh*t and use kratom. If you are interested you may find here more information. God bless you

Edited by RonyJoshua

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2020 at 9:07 PM, RonyJoshua said:

In my point of view, it is a bullsh*t. because using such thing you are just destroying your organism and that's all. I used it before and what do you think? Exactly nothing good. Better to use kratom, this thing is really helpful. From the moment I started to use it. Insomnia reduce, I forgot about depression and it's because of the kratom. My doctor prescribed be to use it and I am advising using to stop using some sh*t and use kratom. If you are interested you may find here more information. God bless you

are you denying the therapeutic effects of MDMA and other phenethylamines?

I had my gall bladder removed from kratom poisoning.  

• 9 months later...

Psilocybin found in truffles can lead to powerful experiences. Although they can be very positive it is important to know which truffles to take as a beginner and how much of them to consume in order to gain the best trip possible. Magic truffles are a psychedelic delight, yet knowing where to start, especially if you are a beginner, can be tough.