Current Caregive/Patient system being phased-out?

Happy to report that the Michigan Medical Marijuana Patient Program includes your choice to either grow your own or get a caregiver to grow for you. Nothing has changed or is changing in that regard. The only thing that has changed is the full implementation of medical dispensaries and their legal suppliers. It's just another legal choice now. Finally after nearly ten years dispensaries will be legal in Michigan. 

One thing that has my interest is how long the war between Colorado imported cannabis and Michigan grown cannabis is going to continue. There are dispensaries right next to each other having this war of suppliers. I'm thinking it might be healthy competition. The Michigan growers need to step up their game because Colorado is taking our jobs ......

You are right, the caregiver/patient system is currently protected under the MMMA and MMMP. Note that caregiver sales to dispensaries was never explicitly allowed prior to the passage of the MMFLA, and are undoubtedly not allowed now. However registered caregiver to patient relationships have been legal since the beginning and remain legal now. It's a good idea to keep an eye on the news, this forum and planet green trees radio for any potential changes. Again no changes to worry about as of now. The MMFLA is a separate bill focused on the business side of things.

On 5/4/2018 at 2:54 PM, Restorium2 said:

Happy to report that the Michigan Medical Marijuana Patient Program includes your choice to either grow your own or get a caregiver to grow for you. Nothing has changed or is changing in that regard. The only thing that has changed is the full implementation of medical dispensaries and their legal suppliers. It's just another legal choice now. Finally after nearly ten years dispensaries will be legal in Michigan. 

One thing that has my interest is how long the war between Colorado imported cannabis and Michigan grown cannabis is going to continue. There are dispensaries right next to each other having this war of suppliers. I'm thinking it might be healthy competition. The Michigan growers need to step up their game because Colorado is taking our jobs ......

More like Cali’s stuff is ending up in our yards.

Edited by Bird79