Help, new to coco

anarowe

Are you hand watering or automated? Coco needs to be kept constantly moist, but not wet, most common issue is letting it dry too much and causing lock out. If watering is on point, ph is usually the culprit. A ph if 5.7 to 5.9 is what I aim for( have done coco, currently soil so i don't need daily watering).

Coco really works best with several small waterings, getting to run off at the end of the day. Automation really helps!

45 minutes ago, anarowe said:

Thank you so much! Can you all offer any recommendations on the best devices to measure the EC, PH. I know nothing about these measurements?

You have not been checking anything? So, doing a google search will give you a bunch of options, but one decent and affordable option is the Blue Lab Growers tool box. It includes both meters for around $150

Edited by glued gorilla

Just so you know, EC is a measure of concentration of your food. Ph is a measure of acidity and alkalinity. Certain elements in your food are only available to the plant at a specific ph range. Typically a lower range in hydro/coco of 5.5 to 6.2  and a higher, but still acidic range for soil of 6.3 to 6.8

3 hours ago, anarowe said:

I looked under leaf with a scope and I'm not seeing anything, how would I get rid of them

If you can't see them with a microscope then you don't have any. I'm looking at some of those black dots on top the leaves. What do they look like under your scope? And the lighter colored ones look like eggs.

Edited by Restorium2

That is not spider mites! Spider mites show as tiny white spots, then turn the whole leafwhite/silver. There will also be webs on the back of the leaf. Bugs themselves look translucent with a black dot on each side of their body. At least the most common, the 2 spotted spider mite.

That is a nute or ph issue, it looks like Ca deficiency. Are you using a CaMg supplement? It is necessary in coco. I would drop your ph to 5.8 and give CaMg if you aren't already.

Edited by glued gorilla

Also, if you have ever felt a bag of soil that was just slightly moist. When you coco has that new bag of dirt moisture level, that is time to water. It should feel kinda like a sponge that that you got wet and then squeezed all the water out.

Saying this because i feel you watering frequency is what could be causing issues.

Thanks you all!  I looked under the lowest leaf and I found black specks so I think it might be russle mites. The strains are gorilla glue, blue dream, green crack, and cannatonic. The temp in the room is around 80F and humidity is 72. My nutrients are advanced nutrients sensi grow for coco part A&B, B-52. I also added revive for the ones with issues. 

59 minutes ago, anarowe said:

My plants are 3 weeks in veg. I am going to start treatment for mites tomorrow. 

You cant see russets without a very good scope. I do not see any symptoms of them. Most of what is going on is a nute issue. If you are not using. A CaMg supplement, you need one. I used Cana nutes in coco, but i currently use advance Connie in soil, it needs CaMg for plants. I am positive that the sensi line does too.

Everything eslse seems in check. I would be careful with that humidity though, its ok for now, but definitely not in flower or when your veg gets crowded.

Are these black specs moving? If not, it is probably debris from watering. It could also be bug poo. It wouldn't hurt to treat with something gentle like Green cleaner. I would not go crazy.

With russets, your leaf edges curl up slightly, and top growth begins to look shiny. They kinda resemble little white worms under a scope. Looking under a scope, focus on leaf veins,they gather there. Also if you had them, and broke a leaf or branch, they will flock to the sap. When you have them bad, they look like yellow powder, like pollen! At that point there are thousands!

Glued gorilla,

I was wondering if I still needed cal mag. I researched and thought sensi grow coco compensated for it. Luckily I bought some just in case. Some leaves are curved up. If I do have bugs I caught them early. It's funny you mentioned green cleaner, because I went and bought some earlier today. I never used it before, so it's good to see someone recommend it.

45 minutes ago, anarowe said:

Glued gorilla,

I was wondering if I still needed cal mag. I researched and thought sensi grow coco compensated for it. Luckily I bought some just in case. Some leaves are curved up. If I do have bugs I caught them early. It's funny you mentioned green cleaner, because I went and bought some earlier today. I never used it before, so it's good to see someone recommend it.

A lot of varieties of canabis have high Ca needs, in coco, there is none in the media. Extra is needed from nutrient solution. There is definitely some in your line up, i just don't think there is enough. Most lines need a little extra. I would do one feed with the full amt of CaMg the bottle recommends, then give a constant 2-3ml per gal after that.

Green cleaner is good, because it kills mechanically. Bugs do not build immunity. Use the lower dose, unless you confirm russets or broad mites, but i am quite sure you don't have them. In high and frequent doses it will do some damage to leaves. I would use the low dose 2x 3 days apart then a week later and stop. After that you can use once every 14 days as a preventative.