Help, new to coco

anarowe

12 minutes ago, anarowe said:

So if I use the 500 scale PPM should be between 600-700

Yes.  To answer the other ?s, yes nutrients raise ppm. What i was taking about was if your run off drops compared to previous with the same nute concentration.

Like you fed 650, runoff was 700 you fed 650 again runoff came out 500. This would mean the plant has taken everything up and requires more than you are giving. The opposite is also true.  Hope that makes sense?

23 hours ago, anarowe said:

So if I use the 500 scale PPM should be between 600-700

Glued,

So I made some water following your advice for plants without problems. I am using cal mag by advanced nutrients, which recommended 2ml per liter. So my water has 8ml cal mag, 4ml grow part A, part B 4ml, 4ml B-52. My PPM is 691 and ec 1.41. Is this good? 

1 hour ago, anarowe said:

Glued,

So I made some water following your advice for plants without problems. I am using cal mag by advanced nutrients, which recommended 2ml per liter. So my water has 8ml cal mag, 4ml grow part A, part B 4ml, 4ml B-52. My PPM is 691 and ec 1.41. Is this good? 

Yes, that should be good. If they are healthy. Not seeing you plants in full, i can not be sure. Also thought all your plants were having issues, not just some.

Edit: my advice was not for plants without problems. The advice i gave was for after a full dose of CaMg for the sick plants. It was 2ml per gal of CaMg on top of your normal line up to keep CaMg levels up going forward. I don't think what you did will hurt, but if they were healthy, they didn't need 8ml per gal of Ca Mg.

Edited by glued gorilla

1 hour ago, anarowe said:

Resto and Glued,

I also made some water for sick plants that only contained 8ml cal mag and 10 ml revive. I cut the does of revive. The PPM is 571 on the 500 scale, ec 1.18 and I should ph my water to 5.8. Does theses numbers look correct? 

Your CaMg calls for more than botanicare, So is stonger at max strength than mine at max strength. But, yes, that should be fine. Just keep an eye on new growth and general health. If you get a spike in run off ppm , do a plain watering the next watering.

18 minutes ago, anarowe said:

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, I only have two out of 12 that have problems. I tried to upload pic of plants but it says the image is too big even after cropping. 

Yeah, they don't allow much data use here. Knowing that only 2 of 12 are sick, you may just have a couple sensitive plants. If they continue getting worse or there is no improvement, flush them out.

24 minutes ago, glued gorilla said:

Yeah, they don't allow much data use here. Knowing that only 2 of 12 are sick, you may just have a couple sensitive plants. If they continue getting worse or there is no improvement, flush them out.

It's four strains, and the two do look like they are getting better since I have been applying the info you all have given me.

Also, what brand of coco are you in? Do you know if its buffered? If not, that is the problem and why you have a CaMg deficiency. Coco pulls out and hangs on to Ca and Mg making it unavailable to the plant. Even buffered coco still needs a little extra. Canna coco is buffered and works great if you continue on growing in coco.

29 minutes ago, glued gorilla said:

Also, what brand of coco are you in? Do you know if its buffered? If not, that is the problem and why you have a CaMg deficiency. Coco pulls out and hangs on to Ca and Mg making it unavailable to the plant. Even buffered coco still needs a little extra. Canna coco is buffered and works great if you continue on growing in coco.

It's mother earth and it's says if pre buffered

Edited by anarowe
Typo

3 minutes ago, anarowe said:

Some of my my perlite is turning green, can this be an issue? Also should I break the perlite down more, it is coarse size 4?

I did straight coco, so I'm not sure. The green is algae, you may be keeping things just a little too wet. I would not try to break the perlite down.

• 1 month later...