Help, new to coco

anarowe

2 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

One thing for sure with a scope, you can tell if the specs are bugs. Or a loop, they work too. 

No guess work. You see them. 

Little plants like that don't need much nutes at all. Most likely too much of something. 

Coco is inert, there is no nutrients. A little extra CaMg is needed in most nute lines. He is only giving 1.2 EC(600ppm 500 scale, 840ppm on 700 scale). Either ph is off, locking out, or he needs Ca. When i did coco, i started with 1.0 ec and quickly realized it wasn't enough. 1.3 to as much as 1.5 was my sweet spot for veg. 1.2 should be perfect for these smaller plants, mine came out of the cloner about that size.

You are right about the scope, definitely helps. The ones that you can plug into your tv via HDMI are really sweet!

7 minutes ago, glued gorilla said:

Coco is inert, there is no nutrients. A little extra CaMg is needed in most nute lines. He is only giving 1.2 EC(600ppm 500 scale, 840ppm on 700 scale). Either ph is off, locking out, or he needs Ca. When i did coco, i started with 1.0 ec and quickly realized it wasn't enough. 1.3 to as much as 1.5 was my sweet spot for veg. 1.2 should be perfect for these smaller plants, mine came out of the cloner about that size.

You are right about the scope, definitely helps. The ones that you can plug into your tv via HDMI are really sweet!

When you noticed they weren't getting enough nutes what were the symptoms? Did they look like the pics in this thread?

13 hours ago, anarowe said:

Thanks you all!  I looked under the lowest leaf and I found black specks so I think it might be russle mites. The strains are gorilla glue, blue dream, green crack, and cannatonic. The temp in the room is around 80F and humidity is 72. My nutrients are advanced nutrients sensi grow for coco part A&B, B-52. I also added revive for the ones with issues. 

See if you can bring the temp down to 72 F

4 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

I'm looking at the first pictures and see the stem is actually smaller closer to the coco. Seems to point to a problem in the root zone. Maybe the temp is too high in the root zone. 

Could be, i usually grow from clone and don't see this. I was thinking it was a seedling thing, as i feel i have had this on seeds

4 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

See if you can bring the temp down to 72 F

72 is pretty cool. I agree 80 with no co2 could be a little warm. Again we don't know his lighting, if he is on LEDs, 80 is good. If he is co2 augmented, 80 is good. Even if he isn't, 80 isn't too hot, just not ideal

Edited by glued gorilla

I am trying to get everything I need without spending too much. I am on a fixed income and I am growing for medical purposes. I've been using led two grow bulbs and a small led grow light about 2-3 feet above lights. I am saving to purchase a grow light. I just can't afford to keep buying high price medicine. I can put that money into growing my own. I have a grow tent 60x32x80 with one co2 bag. I have fans in the tent for circulation and a exhaust fan with carbon filter. I looking to purchase a intake fan and filter to bring in clean air but until then I open the tent multiple times throughout the day. 

16 minutes ago, anarowe said:

How do you adjust the EC and PPM? Also is it safe to use cal mag with revive? I found my PPM a little over 900, how do I lower it. How do you adjust ec and PPM in water before watering? I thank you so much.

PPM for those little plants should be what your plain water is plus about 400 to be safe while they are sick. 

Check plain water first.

To lower ppm add water. 

25 minutes ago, anarowe said:

How do you adjust the EC and PPM? Also is it safe to use cal mag with revive? I found my PPM a little over 900, how do I lower it. How do you adjust ec and PPM in water before watering? I thank you so much.

If you mixed too strong, you can add more water to balance it.

9 minutes ago, anarowe said:

Okay my PPM before nutes is 150 on the 7 scale, the ec is .23. So I should add nutes until the PPM is 450 and the ec should be 1.2? The ec runoff should be really close to what it is before you water correct. Now should the PPM be the same in and out? 

Ppm is just an interpretation of ec essentially. I think you are making this hader than it needs to be. Please pick a measurement to go by, it will simplify. I generally use the 500 scale.  My water is the same as yours. I would say that your total ppm should be 6-700 on that scale total. Add cal mg first, your ppm will be around 400 then add nutes. As suggested, start with half of what you have been doing to account for the CaMg.

I use Botanicare CaMg, max dose is 5ml per gal. Like i said ppm should be around 400 afteradding, but could be a little higher.

Edited by glued gorilla

2 minutes ago, anarowe said:

Okay Glued,

So I don't need to do both. So when I am checking runoff should the PPM be close.  For instance If the PPM runoff is 950 I should run plain water because it is too much nutes? 

Run off should be close, but usually comes out a bit higher than what you put in. The change in run off is more important than the number itself. If it is rising everytime you water, nute concentration is too high and should be lowered.

With the health of your plants, maybe just watering with CaMg once would be good. 300 ppm is a fair difference from in and out with coco. Soil it would be fine.