Cops Entered The Bay City Private Club On Weds (4/7/10)

I'll write this slower so the OP or someone at the Club can understand the Question.

OK, Ready,

Did someone Educate the LEOs and explaine to them that Patient to Patient Transfers Are Legal ?

i also would like to know the answer to this question. i would be reading sections of the law to them if i was there.

also did anyone get their badge numbers and names? sounds like harassment complaints should be filed against all officers involved. i believe most places its 3 complaints of harassment and officers get suspended temporary. too many and they get fired. if everyone there officially files complaints... i'm sure they won't have much option but to fire those LEO's or for whoever organized it to resign.

or at least the complaints will let them know they work for us too and they better respect our rights.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll write this slower so the OP or someone at the Club can understand the Question.

OK, Ready,

Did someone Educate the LEOs and explaine to them that Patient to Patient Transfers Are Legal ?

Oh well since you typed it slower, my small brain can process the question now thanks.

No one tried to educate them on anything. We were all caught extremely off guard. While maybe it's easy to say on the internet "ZOMG I WOULDA TOLD THEM COPS TO FUX OFF WE GOTS THE LAW BABY" when they're right in front of you in force the desire to get up and shout from the roof tops diminishes.

Also, the law doesn't say that P2P is legal. That's just a gray area that were hoping turns out to be on our side.

Edit: yeah a few of us did. I kept vapeing out the whole time. But I did stop sharing my tube til they left.

Oh well since you typed it slower, my small brain can process the question now thanks.

No one tried to educate them on anything. We were all caught extremely off guard. While maybe it's easy to say on the internet "ZOMG I WOULDA TOLD THEM COPS TO FUX OFF WE GOTS THE LAW BABY" when they're right in front of you in force the desire to get up and shout from the roof tops diminishes.

Also, the law doesn't say that P2P is legal. That's just a gray area that were hoping turns out to be on our side.

Sorry, your Brain is Bigger than you thought, I typed those words Faster than I did the First time. ;)

No One tried to Educate the LEO's, that is Understandable in the Heat of the Moment. It's easy for Us to Play Armchair Quarterback from our Homes without any Pressure from the LEO's.

We haven't seen any Patient to Patient Transfer Problems from the Courts. This would be a very tough battle for the Courts to Win IMHO and they know this Fact. Maybe that is why we have not seen any cases of this type before the Courts.

I think the LEO's and some Courts don't want to give up the Fight and would rather instill Fear so they can still feel like they are in Total Control.

Edit: yeah a few of us did. I kept vapeing out the whole time. But I did stop sharing my tube til they left.

completely understandable. i'm glad everything seemingly worked out and no one was further harassed. i'm just a little of a different breed i guess. i've carried the constitution in my back pocket for the last 7-8 years. my idols are dead philosophers, activists, scientists, etc... people that believed so strongly in their ideas that they were willing to (and sometimes did) die for them. (jefferson, socrates, plato, franklin, john lennon, ghandi, etc...)

I also live in flint, where our cops are here to server and protect, not spread fear and harass (most of them, most the time). usually they are too busy with real problems to harass us for not making a complete stop at a stop sign or for having a little ganga or something insignificant. this has led to a somewhat positive relationships between members of the force and members of the neighborhoods that are not crack heads, relationships where i've never been afraid to speak my mind or ideas to the LEO when they stop by to moo poo while i'm out mowing my lawn. or when they come into the local bar.

because of living like this for so long i am a bit more prepared to open my mouth in the heat of the moment. the other week i was at my friends house. we were having a bonfire and a few beers to celebrate a birthday. cops came at about 3pm. i was medicating around the fire with 3 other patients. they came up to ask us to keep the noise down, and we kept smoking. i (pipe in hand) told him we will try to keep the noise down a bit, and asked if he wanted a beer. he said no, then the homeowner (my buddy) came up yelling at the cop to get the hell off his property. after a small argument between the two (us smoking the whole time, just 10 feet away) the officer wrote him a ticket for noise, my buddy tore it up in front of his face and threw it in the fire, and told him to get off his private property.

i don't agree with my friends actions of starting an argument with an officer whos just simply asking us to tone down our bongo drums and acoustic guitars at 2am. in fact i find them completely rude and unwarranted for the situation. but once it started i was assuming that the officers mood would turn sour and we would be harassed for smoking so openly. i was ready to grab my copy of the law and start reading off parts of section 4. luckily the cop was used to my friend kicking them off his property, and knew it was a lost cause.

we need to be prepared. if they've had War declared on us for so long, the we have to understand that is the angle they are playing. I don't believe we need to declare a "War" back, but we do need to be prepared for their tactics and fight them with our own. Knowledge is power. And power disables fear.

OK, Ready,

Yes AS president I did i also told the leos that they were in violation of our rights to privacy by taking any infromation And no this club is not open to general public due to occupancy issuses small hall I am glad tri city opened here also we need n more clubs And we definetly need to stop bad rapping any club thats out there trying to make a difference We are a co=op of growers and patient to meet mutual needs and to further the cause of all mmj clubs where is the compassion It starts with each of us at our club we try to keep things in that perepective steve the president of the bcccc

So they had a right to come in? Or the club operator let them in and voluntarily surrendered everyone's rights? If this is the club on Henry street I want my f*%k*ng $20 membership back and my name off your f^#k*ng computer. I had no idea I was joining such a group. What the hell is wrong with you folks? I'm not going near any CC's now or ever if this is the way things are done. Getting advice from the MMMA board on this one?

Let me try to clear a few things up here First off the property owner we rent from gave leos permission to enter I as president would not have.secondly glad your a member on henry street Thirdly this is a new area for most leos They had to call the prosecuter while they were there to figure out how to proceed No person was serached no prsonel belongings were touched NO MEDS OR GENETICS(PLANTS) OR EDIBLES(STUFF YOU EAT) were even brought by leos Even though all was in plain view the law was explained to the lt commander in charge of the leos by the prosecuter and they all left the premisis Also they did and said they would not sit and wait for people to leave and stop them and harass them for driving while under the influence all in all they were very courteous and respectful for leos lol but we new it would happen 1 fine day and it was last wednesday It is over and business is as usual Thanks the president of bcccc

Wow Wayno why so hostile towards other like minded individuals We at the bcccc did all we could to protect are members rights We tryed to deny entrance owner was with them gave permission he made a mistake he is young and was rattled Our contract for rental was with his dad We spoke with him he said it would not have happened had he been there will not happen again I think it is fantastic these people extented to us there apology for what happened Also they give us the hall at 50% off and have given us our own key to hall Butch the owner of the bay cafe and hall could not be more compassionate giving and caring and thats what our club is about This guy is stand up his insurance has gone up he takes bunny muffin from the uninformed now he is being hassled by leo But instead of throwing us out we have a lifetime lease He could take the easy road with no problems and headaches But he chooses to stand by us and the mma commmunity so wayne hope that clears things up alittle for u got any more venom 2 spill and indeed u do seem 2 revel in others woes that just aint kool dude so chill bro we are all on the same side

The Pres says business as usual And as 1 of your fearless leaders I say They ain't running me outta town We knew this might happen someday Now that it has i believe the leos have a better grasp of the laws Hey this is a new thing for these guys Trust 2yrs ago we all would have been in handcuffs on the ground and all mj products and paraphanailea would have now been in leos hot little hands But its not 2008 2010 and they just watched us smoke and so many jars of meds and plants and did nothing so them times are a changing

Not surprised, many people in Bay City refuse to attend any CC meetings because of the rumors of what is going on at this one.

Sorry but several regulars of this place brag around town how anyone can attend and buy or sell just about any thing, Marijuana clones.........

Then there is the member that wrote me & told me they are going to that 1 but against the activities going on.

Keeps me & many others from attending any CC meetings at all. (take it Czuprynsk wasn't in attendance card or not?)

Oh really This is hardly true Unfortunately we are not open to the general public we can only legaly seat 60 So when myself and 2 friends opened this club we decided to do it by invite only And we have been 2 other club open to general public they where a little 2 extreme for us almost a carnival atmosphere and we wanted something different a little smaller a little more close knit membership we wanted to be a social network of friends helping friends We strive to be politicaly active all members have lists of there senators repersenatves withe phone # email and address we have sent mailings from all in our club on the 616 17 18 billl s I have talked repeatedly withe our senators and repersenatives offices I have started blogs on dav not allowing med mj and joseph casais being fired from walmart My members are informed and care what have you done good today Lets spread some love theres enough hate out there And dammit we are on the same side so why all the neg crapp and gossip Lets all get along and keep this petty crap for facebook Thanks steve the pres bcccc

i also would like to know the answer to this question. i would be reading sections of the law to them if i was there.

also did anyone get their badge numbers and names? sounds like harassment complaints should be filed against all officers involved. i believe most places its 3 complaints of harassment and officers get suspended temporary. too many and they get fired. if everyone there officially files complaints... i'm sure they won't have much option but to fire those LEO's or for whoever organized it to resign.

or at least the complaints will let them know they work for us too and they better respect our rights.

yes we have all there badge numbers and names We have found out there was a supposed complaint of unlawful drug use And they covered there asses by saying they were responding to and investagating a criminal activity Pretty cheesey if u ask me we are trying to get in 2 see local prosecuter have not been succesful as yet Will keep forum informed the bccccc pres steve

There is nothing going on at this CC that isn't going on at any number of CC's in Michigan.

Only difference is you have to have a card and an invite to come to this one. Where as the others you just have to have a card and 20 bucks.

THANKS STEVE

tHANKS JUG yEP ITS REAL EASY TO BE A LAZYBOY ACTIVIST WE INFORMED LEO THAT I THOUGHT THEY WERE VIOLATING OUR RIGHTS BY EVEN TAKING DOWN OUR NAMES AND ADDRESSES hE SAID HE THOUGHT HE WAS BEING VERY COURTEOUS AND I SAID i FELT LIKE HE WAS STEPPING ON MY BALLS AND THAHT OF MY MEMBERS i ALSO INFORMED THE LT LEO THAT I AS PRES OF THE CLUB and DO NOT TAKE DOWN PERSONEL INFO SUCH AS ADDRESSES AND TELE# leo informed me he could pull everyone over and arrest them for a dui And I replied that would be only true if they could not pass a field sobreity test correct And He agreed We asked if he and his squad were going to harass our members when they leave or when they come next week and he said no That as far as he was concerned we were abiding by the law that he even admited he did not know well we were his first dealings with mmj and yes p2p is very gray so its best just not to stray there with leo untill we have a better grip on that steve the pres

Me too B)

Nope we think its sorted we were bay citys first med mj club so we were targeted first some closed mind indvidual or of very negative nature did not like what we were doing he or she tried to have us stopped thats his or her right as an american its our right to stand up and say I dont think so Homey dont play that so all is well that ends well

Archived