Using A Press To Get Extract Butter From Plant Material.

I haven't done this, but I hate squeezing the butter between a t-shirt or cheeze cloth. its messy, and there is a lot of butter lost into the fabric, and left behind in the plant matter.

now, i know most people use trim for edibles, so they don't really worry about losing some, but i've always wanted to try a press to get the butter out.

has anyone ever tried one? could anyone recommend one that works well?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! Hey i have a old tomato jucer/sauce maker. Do you think it would do the some job?

Kinda like the one in this link, Thanks!

http://www.kasbahouse.com/villawareonline/foodcanningmachines.asp

I'm not sure if it would or not... looks like it grinds up the material instead of pressing it, you might get a lot of little bits in your juice. I suppose it depends what strainers already come with your juicer. Maybe run it through the juicer, and strain it real well after? You might still need to press the plant matter left over too, not sure how much extraction is happening with that kind of juicer.

Give it a try and let us know how well or not it works :)

• 1 month later...

Nice big press in this video to make cannabis olive oil. Anyone got a link for a press like this?

I use Dr Diane's method for canna butter and oil. I use a large ricer also to press the cannabis material, it works great. 90 minutes in the pressure cooker then press and cool in the refrigerator.

4 oz of trim and 4 sticks of butter to recover 3 stick's. This is my basic butter, 1/2 cup of butter makes 12 doses when used in muffins, brownies, cookies and the like.

6 oz of trim needs 4.5 sticks of butter for 3 sticks recovered.

And 8 oz of trim needs 5 sticks top get 3 back.

Never fill a pressure cooker more than 2/3rd's full.

Add enough water to cover the cannabis trim, then add the butter on top.

I always stir it good after cooking, and pour it through a stainless steel strainer before pressing also, to aid in removing as much butter as possible. Then I pour a couple cups of boiling water through the cannabis (pre heated).

My trim consists of fan leaves, and bud trim and sometimes small buds from lower branches. and I decarboxalize it for 20 minutes at 220 Fahrenheit on a cookie sheet in the oven before I make my butter. I also add up to 1 oz of vaporizor duff to the mix when I have it, there's a small amount of unused cannabinoids in the duff. I love medibles their great for pain.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Why do you put your trim in the oven for?

quote name='rbuck1501' timestamp='1277874496' post='179942']

I use Dr Diane's method for canna butter and oil. I use a large ricer also to press the cannabis material, it works great. 90 minutes in the pressure cooker then press and cool in the refrigerator.

4 oz of trim and 4 sticks of butter to recover 3 stick's. This is my basic butter, 1/2 cup of butter makes 12 doses when used in muffins, brownies, cookies and the like.

6 oz of trim needs 4.5 sticks of butter for 3 sticks recovered.

And 8 oz of trim needs 5 sticks top get 3 back.

Never fill a pressure cooker more than 2/3rd's full.

Add enough water to cover the cannabis trim, then add the butter on top.

I always stir it good after cooking, and pour it through a stainless steel strainer before pressing also, to aid in removing as much butter as possible. Then I pour a couple cups of boiling water through the cannabis (pre heated).

My trim consists of fan leaves, and bud trim and sometimes small buds from lower branches. and I decarboxalize it for 20 minutes at 220 Fahrenheit on a cookie sheet in the oven before I make my butter. I also add up to 1 oz of vaporizor duff to the mix when I have it, there's a small amount of unused cannabinoids in the duff. I love medibles their great for pain.

• 3 months later...

Archived