Music For The Ladies

imiubu

I was curious if anyone plays music for their babies to ladies?

If so, have you found any noticeable responses,

change in effectiveness of med's etc, etc...

I was just curious as I had a friend RIP that swore by it.

peace

My plants get everything from elton john and the beatles to mercyfull fate ! B)

I have been in a 70s mood this grow ill let ya know if i see a change. :)

I was curious if anyone plays music for their babies to ladies?

If so, have you found any noticeable responses,

change in effectiveness of med's etc, etc...

I was just curious as I had a friend RIP that swore by it.

peace

That is one of the experiments I have planned. I'm thinking about getting some small, but decent quality monitors and putting Ravi Shankar on repeat. If someone had twin flower rooms they could do experiments with different music, volume, analog vs. digital etc. There might be certain frequencies that they like that could be recorded onto a CD as synthesized waveforms.

There is that one product called Sonic Bloom. The theory is that the sound of birds chirping at dawn signals the stomata of the plants to open and absorb the morning dew. If you can simulate the effect of birds chirping as you foliar feed with nutrients just before the light comes on, you are supposed to get boombastic yield increases.

World_Record_Indoor_Plant2.jpg

Tall_Corn2.jpg

I believe that 'back in the day' this phenomenon was referred to as 'vibes', and all the hippies were laughed at for using the term.

I use my Tibetan singing bowls in the keys of E, A and D around my vegetation and can't scientifically say that they improve but it sure makes ME a happy camper, because as you know E, A and D are the 'basic' blues cords and 'I' believe ALL plants get the 'blues' and that's why they love 'blue light', as well as the Jimmy Reed I play on my bowls (smiles).

But I suspect that if a certain musical vibration could stimulate the movement of moisture within a plant or its cellular electron movement, a plant could potentially benefit.

Now I am wandering what the research says about ' good intentions'?

Thanks for the post, Mighty... always enjoy exercising my own 'gray cells'.

I think that is the Sonic Bloom guy.

Are you SURE this guy isn't a 'little person' and the corn is really only 5 foot high? JUUUUUSt kiddin'.

That is one of the experiments I have planned. I'm thinking about getting some small, but decent quality monitors and putting Ravi Shankar on repeat. If someone had twin flower rooms they could do experiments with different music, volume, analog vs. digital etc. There might be certain frequencies that they like that could be recorded onto a CD as synthesized waveforms.

There is that one product called Sonic Bloom. The theory is that the sound of birds chirping at dawn signals the stomata of the plants to open and absorb the morning dew. If you can simulate the effect of birds chirping as you foliar feed with nutrients just before the light comes on, you are supposed to get boombastic yield increases.

Tall_Corn2.jpg

I believe that 'back in the day' this phenomenon was referred to as 'vibes', and all the hippies were laughed at for using the term.

I use my Tibetan singing bowls in the keys of E, A and D around my vegetation and can't scientifically say that they improve but it sure makes ME a happy camper, because as you know E, A and D are the 'basic' blues cords and 'I' believe ALL plants get the 'blues' and that's why they love 'blue light', as well as the Jimmy Reed I play on my bowls (smiles).

But I suspect that if a certain musical vibration could stimulate the movement of moisture within a plant or its cellular electron movement, a plant could potentially benefit.

Now I am wandering what the research says about ' good intentions'?

Thanks for the post, Mighty... always enjoy exercising my own 'gray cells'.

Jimmy Reed on singing bowls?! You might like this certain documentary about a blind blues singer called Paul Pena and his trip to Tuva. It's called 'Ghengis Blues.'

Ever hear Tuvan throat singing? That's what Paul Pena was in Tuva to do in a national competition.

I think Tuvan throat singing would probably be extremely beneficial to plants. The different notes are completely natural overtones in the person's voice.

I'm starting to think Paul Pena was one of the greatest unknown artists ever. He is the writer of Jet Airliner. The album that was on got shelved and his career never recovered. Listen to how good this other cut is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbl6n065PWo&feature=related

I think Tuvan throat singing would probably be extremely beneficial to plants. The different notes are completely natural overtones in the person's voice.

I'm starting to think Paul Pena was one of the greatest unknown artists ever. He is the writer of Jet Airliner. The album that was on got shelved and his career never recovered. Listen to how good this other cut is.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Wow, thanks for the replies... some really neat stuff to learn!

Makes sense though... I know that music opens something in

me that gets me moving!

I am really hoping for even more input here.

I am pretty sure that Bela' Fleck has Tuvan throat singing

on @ least one of his albums... for a different listen :D

Mezz, The last vid you posted by Paul Pena got me

right up out of my chair shuffling me boots around!

My friend swore by Jazz for that mellow feeling.

This is way b4 we knew different strains most

probably will produce certain results in patients.

Mayhaps he got ahold of some Indica strain @

the time of the Jazz experiment!?!

Peace

My plants get everything from elton john and the beatles to mercyfull fate ! B)

I have been in a 70s mood this grow ill let ya know if i see a change. :)

Oh... PLEASE DO!

I am very curious to hear from many

about their experiences and experiments,

so to speak! Rock on :D

Peace

Mez... Thanks... I checked the video out last week.

Had a lot in it... more than just the music.

Just a tip on getting hard to find CDs, DVD,s, etc... at the public library they will pull just about any item you are looking for into your library from another public library or university anywhere in the State.

It's called Michigan Electronic Library service.

Thanks again.

Jimmy Reed on singing bowls?! You might like this certain documentary about a blind blues singer called Paul Pena and his trip to Tuva. It's called 'Ghengis Blues.'

Ever hear Tuvan throat singing? That's what Paul Pena was in Tuva to do in a national competition.

the Grateful Dead....... all day everyday. satellite radio on the G.D. channel. i think they prefer 8pm-midnight every night when they replay an entire show. :D

For each of your grows they get they get The Greatful Dead... Or,

is the 1st. grow you've played GD for the girls?

If you have medicated w/th the results of this musical

influence... do you get a trippy kinda feeling? :D :D

I would like someone to check out some all day every day

Frank Zappa vibes on their ladies and

jes see what the results of that may be! hehehe

Would we become too deep?

We may even feel like taking our clothes off when we dance...

ahhh yes... to discorporate for a short time...

peace all

(yes, I am a major Zappa fan and I may often use his lyrics for reference)

Just a tip on getting hard to find CDs, DVD,s, etc... at the public library they will pull just about any item you are looking for into your library from another public library or university anywhere in the State.

Thanks again.

I'm glad you appreciated that, G.B. What an amazing story, huh?

This is the result from myth busters...

" Talking helps plants grow.

plausible

Seven small greenhouses were set up on the M5 Industries roof. Four were set up with stereos playing endlessly looping recordings (as having the Mythbusters actually talk to the plants could contaminate the samples with their expelled carbon dioxide): Two of negative speech, two of positive speech (Kari and Scottie each made one positive and one negative soundtrack), a fifth with classical music and a sixth with intense death metal music. A seventh greenhouse, used as a control sample, had no stereo. The greenhouses with the recordings of speech grew better than the control, regardless of whether such talk was kind or angry. The plants in the greenhouse with the recording of classical music grew better, while the plants in the greenhouse with the recording of intense death metal grew best of all."

So I don't really want my babies exposed to death metal...but some nice marley... that sounds good or jimmey... but it looks like music works

• 4 weeks later...

Tall_Corn2.jpg

Very interesting. Thanks for the post. I started this thread as I am very curious if there is a correlation between music

and the quality of harvests. Please keep me posted.

hey imiubo she had that camorillo brillo flaming out along her head ! I mean her mendicino beano by way of some bugs that made it red !@#$%^&*()_ forever frank!!!!!! Ihope it works happy harvesting.

Hehe... "she said she was the magic mama and she could

through a mean tarot, and carried on without

a comma, that she was someone I should know..."

(but, she was breeding a "dwarf" [what might FZ really mean by that?!])

I'm not a caregiver but, I do like them "lowriders"! ;)

Thanks again.

I heard they ended the interlibrary loan program to save state money.

Archived