Growing To Fast, How Do I Slow The Growth?

vender

Hello all, I moved my plants to the flower room and they are growing 2-3 inches a day. At this rate they will out grow my room. Is it possible to slow the grow rate. Its nuts, I move the light and bam the next day they have reached it. I am growing Hydro and the strain is Blackjack. Also I have one male and one female. The male is bagged (I just want the pollen). The male is flowering like crazy the female is just showing some hairs. Do males flower quicker? Its been 10 days.

Thanks

Vender i can tell from your post that you don't know much about the flowering process on mj. I would suggest reading a good tutorial guide on icmag.com

The period of fast growth is known as the "stretch", this happens in early flower. Every strain is different in how fast/much growth occurs during the stretch phase.

In most cannabis lines, the males usually flower faster than the females, this insures that the slow and fast flowering females will both have chances to get pollen if it were in a natural outdoor setting.

TFB

my stuff almost doubles in size during flower so I put em in at about 16-18". Some plants just take off & have to be tied down again...............................

I do the Lst thing just before or when I put them into flower.................

Hello all, I moved my plants to the flower room and they are growing 2-3 inches a day. At this rate they will out grow my room. Is it possible to slow the grow rate. Its nuts, I move the light and bam the next day they have reached it. I am growing Hydro and the strain is Blackjack. Also I have one male and one female. The male is bagged (I just want the pollen). The male is flowering like crazy the female is just showing some hairs. Do males flower quicker? Its been 10 days.

Thanks

Might want to look at low stress training. Also are your nutrients correct for the stage the plants are in? Too much nitrogen will give u lots of growth, but not aid in bud, can even take away from producing bud. Males usually are from 1 to 3 weeks earlier then Female plants. Suggest you purchase 1 of The Marijuana growing Bibles, they are priceless in information, I have 3 even with my degree. I never knew what a Finicky plant it was.

Dude,

Look into Super-cropping...

You basically pinch and roll the stem above/below a node... You crush it, but not destroy it.. to the point where the top lays over/down.. The part above will live, no problem, but the growth is stunted.. no chems, no worries..

The plant goes into repair mode on the portion that you pinched, while the other parts continue on.. So you can "even" things up..

From my consultant:

"Your problem is your lights, I've had this happen myself. What you need to do:

1) Check your bulbs, they probably need replacing

2) Put lights a little closer to plants (about 2 feet)

3) Don't only use Sodium Lights...You need 1 Metal Halide (MH) to 2 Sodiums (HPS)

The red spectrum in the HPS w/out the blue spectrum from the MH will cause elongated growth."

Best of Luck to you!

stretch is normal when you first go into bloom,at about week 2or3 the stretch will stop,your plant will stop making new buds,but the buds you have will get thicker from there on,the plants vertical growth will slow way down...this is just me saying that its what i think..lol.zb

Bushmaster,

supercropping,

FIM

tie them down with string and led fishing weights...

If you are that new, i HIGHLY DO NOT recommend keeping the male for pollen. breeding is VERY touchy work and by the sound of it you need a good couple of harvests under your belt b4 you start collecting pollen and breeding.

Get rid of the male.

just my opinion....

how long do you have these plants in the veg?

Plants that I leave in veg 10 - 12 weeks don't seem to go through rapid growth during flower.

Just something that I have noticed.

They were in veg for 6 weeks, I am limited in space so I move them when they are 12".

Bushmaster,

supercropping,

FIM

tie them down with string and led fishing weights...

If you are that new, i HIGHLY DO NOT recommend keeping the male for pollen. breeding is VERY touchy work and by the sound of it you need a good couple of harvests under your belt b4 you start collecting pollen and breeding.

Get rid of the male.

just my opinion....

I grow giant pumpkins cross breeding, I can not see this as being difficult. Just brush the female with the pollen.. Right?

Thanks

Hey I have grown Blackjack too, they are vivacious plants! LOL great crop getters, just let her go! Don't complain!

Hey I have grown Blackjack too, they are vivacious plants! LOL great crop getters, just let her go! Don't complain!

I am going to complain, she turned male!! dang. I think. She is weird lots of great flowers but now it has yellow pistol? growing inside the bud. No balls at all just yellow sacks in the buds. Did your BJ show yellow inside the buds?

cannabis sativa as well as cannabis indica are termed as "short day plants" In natural day light hours plants respond to Photoperiodism. This brings together 2 criterion. The first day length and the second light frequency. In nature these plants are triggered to flower when the day is short and the late day light wavelength turns deeper red. Photochromic activity stops at 730 nM of light. This is a far red spectrum. This 730 nm light triggers a stop command to the plant. This command and triggers hormones to stop elongation growth and begin the reproductive process. There have been studies of flashes with 730 nm led's. When couples with HPS lights and MH at a 2-1 ratio and flashing with the 730nm lights sped up the flowering. As far as plant growth nitrogen is the main component. So to keep the height down... cycle the light on period to no more than 12 hours a day, Adjust your lights to a more red to far red type, and drastically cut the nitrogen and this should solve your problem.

Archived